The Student Room Group

Inability to use chopsticks....

For some reason, I have NEVER had the ability to use chopsticks (I just don't have that co-ordination as such).

Does anyone here have the same problem? :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:
Reply 1
Someone bet me a fiver (plus the cost of our meals) I couldn't eat a whole chinese meal with chopsticks.

Luckily they didn't put a time limit on it. It took me about an hour to eat it, cos i'm soo rubbish with chopsticks, but I got a free meal and a fiver out of it :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Even though I almost use chopsticks every day since I'm born I can't use it correctly. Shame on myself. :colondollar:

I hold them like the way I'm holding pens. It's a lot easier.
Reply 3
Original post by nic-nac
Someone bet me a fiver (plus the cost of our meals) I couldn't eat a whole chinese meal with chopsticks.

Luckily they didn't put a time limit on it. It took me about an hour to eat it, cos i'm soo rubbish with chopsticks, but I got a free meal and a fiver out of it :biggrin:

Why didn't they set a time limit? :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:
Reply 4
Original post by tohaaaa
Why didn't they set a time limit? :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:

It just didn't occur to them/ they thought I'd give up and use cutlery.
Reply 5
Original post by nic-nac
It just didn't occur to them/ they thought I'd give up and use cutlery.

Ah. How did you end up using them? :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by tohaaaa
Ah. How did you end up using them? :biggrin::biggrin:

With great difficulty and probably to the dispair of any oriental person watching. :blush: I even ended up with cramp in my hand because I was holding them so awkwardly.
Reply 7
Original post by nic-nac
With great difficulty and probably to the dispair of any oriental person watching. :blush: I even ended up with cramp in my hand because I was holding them so awkwardly.

Oh god... I'm 16, and I've been trying for years, but to no success.. :mad: my sister and my parents can use them perfectly though :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest