The Student Room Group

YORK or DURHAM??

Hi! I've got two offers through clearing for biological sciences at durham and biology at york. Have to make a quick decision about which to accept...Know that durham is probably the better of the two and might be better for employability but I don't think I'd like the traditional atmosphere at some colleges and it's quite far away! Any advice on which offer to take? Thanks :smile:
Depends on where you reckon you'll be happier. York is a good uni. If you think you'll be happier, go there.
Reply 2
Haven't visited either uni though which makes it hard to choose where I'd be happiest...Any advice from students at either uni?
Original post by nataliefran
Hi! I've got two offers through clearing for biological sciences at durham and biology at york. Have to make a quick decision about which to accept...Know that durham is probably the better of the two and might be better for employability but I don't think I'd like the traditional atmosphere at some colleges and it's quite far away! Any advice on which offer to take? Thanks :smile:

Both unis are very good, so I'm sure you'd be happy at both. I would suggest having a look at the course content to see which uni course interests you the most. Also check out the accommodation- the costs could be very different at each uni xxx
Original post by nataliefran

You've answered your own question :smile: their both fantastic anyway.
Don't be influenced too much by which is "better" or reputation. You aren't deciding between, say, Durham and a far inferior university, you're choosing between two very good Russell Group universities. Your decision needs to be based on your impressions of the course, of the collegiate system, the campus (if applicable), the city as a whole, the atmosphere and so on.

From personal experience, both seem to be very good universities and I'm sure you'll be very happy at both.
Reply 6
thank you for all your replies, I'm going to look at the two courses further and see if I prefer one of them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending