The Student Room Group

Track: Who is still waiting?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bubblebird
Does anyone know how long uni's can keep us waiting for?

Until the 12th September - at which point UCAS will reject applicants on behalf of the unis.

However from monday you'll be able to contact UCAS and say your uni has told you you've been rejected but it isn't showing on track - UCAS will then give the uni 24 hours to give a good reason for the delay before UCAS reject you on behalf of the unis.
Original post by Dorking
just spoke to a nice lady on the phone and she said i need to wait for my gcse retakes before track can update. is this normal

If your offer conditions include GCSE grades then yes.

UCAS don't send GCSE results electronically though so you'll need to send results through to your unis yourself.
Reply 282
Original post by PQ
If your offer conditions include GCSE grades then yes.

UCAS don't send GCSE results electronically though so you'll need to send results through to your unis yourself.

ok cool so will i have to scan them or could i post them?
also big thanks to everyone who has given help in this thread
Original post by Dorking
ok cool so will i have to scan them or could i post them?
also big thanks to everyone who has given help in this thread

Ask them what they'll accept - most will take a scan but it's best to check that you're ok to send a scan and to ask which email address to send it to (and then follow that up with a phone call to check it arrived!).
Reply 284
Rang the university and they said I've finally been released but its still not showing up on track, does it take a few hours?
Reply 285
Mine has been updated but unfortunately it was a rejection :cry2:

Time to drown my sorrows in a chocolate cake :wink:
Original post by Emily115
Yep, especially when there doesn't even appear to be a problem..
As for your friend, I would recommend phoning the uni. I phoned a couple of times yesterday when I had no idea what was going on and then contacted them again this morning when nothing had changed. I think some people have found that they get a quicker response if they phone rather than email as well. Hope she gets it sorted!

Thanks, think I will. Good luck to you and everyone still waiting.

Fingers, legs, toes etc all crossed :tongue:
Original post by PQ
Until the 12th September - at which point UCAS will reject applicants on behalf of the unis.

However from monday you'll be able to contact UCAS and say your uni has told you you've been rejected but it isn't showing on track - UCAS will then give the uni 24 hours to give a good reason for the delay before UCAS reject you on behalf of the unis.

Ah ok, I see. The situation with my friend is a little different I think. She didn't get the grades to meet her offer, but phoned the uni on results day to explain the extenuating circumstances (which arose during exam period) and was advised to get a teacher to email everything to the admissions office. The teacher did so and then yesterday, my friend phoned up the admissions office and was told that her email would be passed on to an admissions tutor, who would review the entire application again and then get back to her by next week.

Now in this situation, should she wait until next week, or ring again today? And what do you make of the fact that they said they will review the application? Positive or nothing to get too excited about? It's all a bit up in the air at the minute :s-smilie:
So I was told earlier that a decision had been made and was 'being processed'. I phoned again because I haven't heard anything since this morning and I've now been told that they're still going through emails concerning documents, etc., and that I'll have to wait for them to make everyone's decisions.
Basically, two different people in admissions have told completely different things, even though I've had my grades since yesterday morning and I've met my conditions :erm:
Reply 289
I phoned 2 hours ago, about my track being updated she said they'll phone me back.. they haven't...
Reply 290
Original post by amieeallen
similar situation to me! biomedical science - but i messed up and got BCC too:frown:

I called up the medway pharmacy department instead of the clearing line and they looked at my application whilst on the phone and accepted me because my AS physics, which I got a D in, pushed my total UCAS points up :smile:
Reply 291
Ah ok, I see. The situation with my friend is a little different I think. She didn't get the grades to meet her offer, but phoned the uni on results day to explain the extenuating circumstances (which arose during exam period) and was advised to get a teacher to email everything to the admissions office. The teacher did so and then yesterday, my friend phoned up the admissions office and was told that her email would be passed on to an admissions tutor, who would review the entire application again and then get back to her by next week.

Now in this situation, should she wait until next week, or ring again today? And what do you make of the fact that they said they will review the application? Positive or nothing to get too excited about? It's all a bit up in the air at the minute :s-smilie:
Wait till Monday afternoon, if nothing's shown up on Track by then. It's good news that they've agreed to look at it, but what the outcome might be is impossible to predict.

So I was told earlier that a decision had been made and was 'being processed'. I phoned again because I haven't heard anything since this morning and I've now been told that they're still going through emails concerning documents, etc., and that I'll have to wait for them to make everyone's decisions.
Basically, two different people in admissions have told completely different things, even though I've had my grades since yesterday morning and I've met my conditions :erm:
It's bound to be rather chaotic. Are you trying to get in to Clearing? If not, give them time. Things may update over the weekend.

Original post by iBlueBox
I phoned 2 hours ago, about my track being updated she said they'll phone me back.. they haven't...
Has your Track updated?
Reply 292
Original post by Minerva
Wait till Monday afternoon, if nothing's shown up on Track by then. It's good news that they've agreed to look at it, but what the outcome might be is impossible to predict.

It's bound to be rather chaotic. Are you trying to get in to Clearing? If not, give them time. Things may update over the weekend.

Has your Track updated?

Not yet... I got told they would phone me back, they never... I rang at the Admission Office is shut now till monday.
My track STILL hasn't updated because the bloody exam board has still not cashed in one of my results.... which they said would be done yesterday afternoon...
Really annoyed because I know even if I got 0 in this module I've still passed which is all UCL wanted and I have the other grades GAHHHHHHHH.
I hope I'm not going to get really crap accommodation now because I'll be one of the last ones to be accepted!! :cry:
Original post by Minerva

No, I don't need to go into clearing. I'm just confused because I got the grades needed & I have an offer from my insurance but not my firm. I was also told yesterday afternoon that the decision had been made and to expect it last night (they then said the same thing this morning), but I was told this afternoon that a decision hadn't even been made :s-smilie:
I guess I just have to carry on waiting..
Original post by Minerva

Track at the minute already has the application status as being unsuccesful, so the issue is that it would only change if they change their decision (hopefully) right? Or would there be some sort of timestamp that allows changes to be tracked?
Best of luck for those of you still waiting to hear :smile:
I got the grades for my firm but had to send over some confirmation of my epq grade. I did this yesterday but I've still heard nothing and track still says conditional? I know they're busy but is it a good idea to ask them when it will be sorted because I'm just worried I'll miss out on the accommodation I want but I'm not sure how long it should take.
Reply 298
No, I don't need to go into clearing. I'm just confused because I got the grades needed & I have an offer from my insurance but not my firm. I was also told yesterday afternoon that the decision had been made and to expect it last night (they then said the same thing this morning), but I was told this afternoon that a decision hadn't even been made :s-smilie:
I guess I just have to carry on waiting..
In that case it will get sorted. It's a pain having to wait for them to get organised. If you met your offer the uni is obliged to take you, so I don't see what the delay is either!

Track at the minute already has the application status as being unsuccesful, so the issue is that it would only change if they change their decision (hopefully) right? Or would there be some sort of timestamp that allows changes to be tracked?
Yes, that's right.

Original post by sociostudent
I got the grades for my firm but had to send over some confirmation of my epq grade. I did this yesterday but I've still heard nothing and track still says conditional? I know they're busy but is it a good idea to ask them when it will be sorted because I'm just worried I'll miss out on the accommodation I want but I'm not sure how long it should take.
Chase them up tomorrow morning if the office is open.
Son missed out on the grades he needed but track didn't update. Got him to ring his firm choice and (after a few telephone calls) finally found someone who told him he had been accepted anyway. However, he then received an email telling him he had an offer for the course he had applied for (his firm choice) in clearing. He rang the uni again - and they have now updated track with "Unconditional Changed Course Offer", but it is still the same course (start date, code etc) that was his firm offer. It states that he must respond within 5 days, but Track won't let him - there are no 'buttons' to reply. Is this because his insurance still haven't updated track (not that he made the grades for that either). What to do next? Do we now need to chase the Insurance to respond?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending