The Student Room Group

UKCAT for Medicine through clearing?

Someone from my school (yr 13) got into medicine through clearing. I'm currently in yr 12 and wanted to initially do medicine but haven't got good enough AS to apply this year.

So I'm HOPING I also get the chance to get into medicine through clearing if my grades are good enough (even thought its rare!). Is it pointless doing the UKCAT? OR is it a required for medicine, even through clearing?
Reply 1
I think you should do it, nothing to lose!
Reply 2
Original post by Kindred.Spirit
Someone from my school (yr 13) got into medicine through clearing. I'm currently in yr 12 and wanted to initially do medicine but haven't got good enough AS to apply this year.

So I'm HOPING I also get the chance to get into medicine through clearing if my grades are good enough (even thought its rare!). Is it pointless doing the UKCAT? OR is it a required for medicine, even through clearing?

The UKCAT is required by most universities for mediicne and you owuld have to sit for it in the year you are applying. Although I have never heard of "medicine through clearing", you wud have to apply to universities like Birmingham, Liverpool Bristol
Reply 3
You either need the UKCAT or the BMAT—I'd definitely do it considering you'll be up against other Medicine hopefuls who will have.
Original post by IAmABaws
I think you should do it, nothing to lose!

That's true...

Original post by HKhan12
The UKCAT is required by most universities for mediicne and you owuld have to sit for it in the year you are applying. Although I have never heard of "medicine through clearing", you wud have to apply to universities like Birmingham, Liverpool Bristol

But I'm not technically applying. Just going through clearing..^.^

Original post by Mickey2909
You either need the UKCAT or the BMAT—I'd definitely do it considering you'll be up against other Medicine hopefuls who will have.

That's true too....

Thanks everyone :smile: I think I'll do it. Wish me luck for next week! >.<
Reply 5
They've changed the UKCAT from previous years—you might want to look at this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2338356
Original post by Kindred.Spirit

What were you AS results? If you got B's you should still do the UKCAT and apply just make sure your predicted grade are A's
Reply 7
Original post by HKhan12

Plymouth had a few places this year in clearing so it does happen! :P albeit rarely!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest