City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam Accommodation Advice from a Current Student

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by TashaW
Victoria Halls is my first, I'm doing Human Geography, which course are you doing?

My friends are going back into halls and have got Victoria halls, hope theyre youre neighbours!

Original post by TashaW
Thanks! So it's a long wait ahead.

Hope its sooner!
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
I graduated from Hallam in May of this year. During my 4 years I visited a lot of the student accomodation as well as living in halls for 3 out of 4 years!

In my first year I lived in Archways, its pretty nice, clean and close to city campus! The rooms and the living area/kitchen are good sizes. Having packages posted their used to be an issue but I don't know if that has changed now.

For my second and thirs year I lived in Opal 1 and loved it. I couldn't have asked for better student accomodation (its next door to corp!!). We stayed in the same rooms in the same flat for both years. Our bedrooms faced out onto the Washington which could be noisy on some nights but you get used to it quickly. They also try to put 2nd and 3rd year students into a block of their own. I also visited 2 different studio flats, both of which are nice and fairly spacious.

I have also seen friends rooms in Trigon, Exchange works, The Forge, Victoria Halls and Leadmill. The rooms and living areas are nice in all but I cant comment on anything else about them.
Reply 42
Hello, does anybody know about the reputation of Sheffield 3? I was trying to find some student reviews about it but there's only one and it seemed that the location of Sheffield 3 is unsafe (It's in Hoyle Street). Any ideas?
Reply 43
Original post by AmyLouise1202
I graduated from Hallam in May of this year. During my 4 years I visited a lot of the student accomodation as well as living in halls for 3 out of 4 years!

In my first year I lived in Archways, its pretty nice, clean and close to city campus! The rooms and the living area/kitchen are good sizes. Having packages posted their used to be an issue but I don't know if that has changed now.

For my second and thirs year I lived in Opal 1 and loved it. I couldn't have asked for better student accomodation (its next door to corp!!). We stayed in the same rooms in the same flat for both years. Our bedrooms faced out onto the Washington which could be noisy on some nights but you get used to it quickly. They also try to put 2nd and 3rd year students into a block of their own. I also visited 2 different studio flats, both of which are nice and fairly spacious.

I have also seen friends rooms in Trigon, Exchange works, The Forge, Victoria Halls and Leadmill. The rooms and living areas are nice in all but I cant comment on anything else about them.

Which block were you in at opal!?

thanks for the input, ill add it to the op.

Original post by CaronHRY
Hello, does anybody know about the reputation of Sheffield 3? I was trying to find some student reviews about it but there's only one and it seemed that the location of Sheffield 3 is unsafe (It's in Hoyle Street). Any ideas?

Hiii, I really wouldn't class the place as unsafe. Its close to a large housing estate, but its also right next to a huge park area that I spent a lot of time this year, not once did I feel unsafe!

It is, however, located at the bottom of a big hill! It doesnt sound like much of an issue now, but by the end of the year you'll have rock hard quads!

Good luck in your enquiries
Reply 44
Original post by jakeyboy2

Hiii, I really wouldn't class the place as unsafe. Its close to a large housing estate, but its also right next to a huge park area that I spent a lot of time this year, not once did I feel unsafe!

It is, however, located at the bottom of a big hill! It doesnt sound like much of an issue now, but by the end of the year you'll have rock hard quads!

Good luck in your enquiries

Thanks for the reply! I'm glad it's a safe place. Guess I'll go ahead and accept their offer. Cheers!
Reply 45
Hey, does anyone have anything to say about Liberty Court??:smile:
Reply 46
Original post by natcat-xo
Hey, does anyone have anything to say about Liberty Court??:smile:

I've put Liberty Court down as my 2nd choice! Liberty Works as my first, but I went to go and look around them yesterday :smile: they're both round the corner from each other and a sainsbury's too :biggrin:

But the staff seemed really friendly, 24/7 manned desk with security and CCTV should anything kicked off, common room for both Liberty Works and Court with pool table and Football table, tv on the wall with Sky TV :biggrin: and they do little events and stuff too!

The courtyards are lovely, the rooms are decent sized and all got 3/4 beds apart from from the odd few that just have a single, decent sized kitchens and you also have free insurance for all your stuff.

Seemed brilliant from where I was standing, and if you're at the city centre campus its not even a 5 minute walk away and 2 minutes away from the bus station! win win situation if you ask me :smile:
Original post by h_j_r
I've put Liberty Court down as my 2nd choice! Liberty Works as my first, but I went to go and look around them yesterday :smile: they're both round the corner from each other and a sainsbury's too :biggrin:

But the staff seemed really friendly, 24/7 manned desk with security and CCTV should anything kicked off, common room for both Liberty Works and Court with pool table and Football table, tv on the wall with Sky TV :biggrin: and they do little events and stuff too!

The courtyards are lovely, the rooms are decent sized and all got 3/4 beds apart from from the odd few that just have a single, decent sized kitchens and you also have free insurance for all your stuff.

Seemed brilliant from where I was standing, and if you're at the city centre campus its not even a 5 minute walk away and 2 minutes away from the bus station! win win situation if you ask me :smile:

Sounds good! I've put victoria hall as my first and liberty court as my second, not been to see either but they both look nice😊
Reply 48
Going to apply for pinnacles as first choice but really struggling on second choice :frown: wanted Victoria but its full.
(edited 10 years ago)
What are cavendish and Marples like?
Reply 50
Hi, I'm looking to apply for accommodation but cant decide between victoria hall and opal 1. Are there any significant differences? Also is it better to get a double bed or single bed in regards to room size/brighter rooms. Ive heard Victoria halls is quite strict with everything being clean and stuff. are there any weird rules like no pictures on the wall etc... Also I've heard that most people that apply to these don't get their first or second choice, is this true?
Hi
I'm looking to go move to Sheffield in September 2015.
Does anyone have any information about Devonshire Courtyard, Opal 1, Leadmill Point and Trigon?
I have applied to the pinnacles and I was allocated room B63.B I was just wondering about the layout, what the blocks and rooms are like, is there away of finding out how many people you share with based on the allocated room number above?
Hey, I'm not sure about the pinnacles as I stayed in the forge, the amount of people you live with can vary, it can sometimes be 4 rooms or more. I shared with 5 girls. You could give the pinnacles reception a call and I'm sure they would be happy to help you. Also did you book an open day where you got view the property? That would have given you an idea
I know that you could be living with 2,3, or 4 other people but they didn't specify like which block or flat had what rooms so I'm not sure how many people I'd be living with:tongue: I'll try give them a call though:smile:
Reply 55
Does anyone know the start date for the liberty living contracts?
Reply 56
DM it's the 19/09 if anyone else is interested
What is Summerfield Street Like?
What is Summerfield Street Like?
There's some cracking stuff on this Thread!

facebook.com/groups/HallamFreshers to get involved in fresh chat :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending