The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3940
I'm Asian but my mum doesn't put pressure on me because she knows I can work hard by myself

Exactly. I know a few relatives that have been put in alot of pressure to do well in there exams but actually failed; the parents started to realize not be very strict on them and somehow the ''relatives'' younger brother/sister actually passed there exams because the parents didn't discipline as much as the other person.

By the way I'm new to this forum. I hope all of you do well in your exams. I still have one year to go :smile:

Good luck all.
Reply 3941
Original post by Piledriver
I haven't :eek: I'm disappointed in myself, I thought I'd seen them all! I'll have to search for it now :tongue:

Haha il try and send the link if i can find it!:smile:
Reply 3942
I'm so scared. Last year in my Geography exam I didn't do so good, I had to resit. Ugh, i'm so hopeless in all my subjects.
Reply 3943
Right I'm really annoyed right now.
Basically, my parents just don't care about my exams or my results next week. I'm predicted about 8 A*s and 3 As and they just don't give a sh**!! I know that most people would kill for grades like that and other people's parents would be overjoyed if their kid had results like mine but my parents literally don't even say well done! It makes me feel like sh**.
On Thursday, I guarantee that they won't even celebrate my results if I get my predicted grades. It sucks 😣

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3944
Original post by sophie97
Right I'm really annoyed right now.
Basically, my parents just don't care about my exams or my results next week. I'm predicted about 8 A*s and 3 As and they just don't give a sh**!! I know that most people would kill for grades like that and other people's parents would be overjoyed if their kid had results like mine but my parents literally don't even say well done! It makes me feel like sh**.
On Thursday, I guarantee that they won't even celebrate my results if I get my predicted grades. It sucks ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that:frown: Do you have any caring older brothers/sisters that you can celebrate with? Have you tried raising this issue with your parents? Yh and your grades are amazing:wink: What's given you the impression that they don't care

Edit: Maybe they don't care as much because they know that you can motivate yourself and so maybe pay less attention, that's sometimes the case with me ?:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3945
Original post by sr234
Sorry to hear that:frown: Do you have any caring older brothers/sisters that you can celebrate with? Have you tried raising this issue with your parents? Yh and your grades are amazing:wink: What's given you the impression that they don't care

Edit: Maybe they don't care as much because they know that you can motivate yourself and so maybe pay less attention, that's sometimes the case with me ?:smile:

Yeah I have two older sisters who are great but they live in London so the best I'll get is a phone call :/ I guess that's true about my parents but surely that shouldn't stop them from saying 'well done'. I've been given this impression because whenever I tell them my modular results they just don't care- even when I did my Spanish GCSE in year 9 and got an A* my dad literally only gave me a nod of appreciation!! They just think I didn't have to try in my exams because they think that GCSEs are easy, but I have to try so hard to get the results I do!
Thanks btw :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sooooo nervous about English Language i got 55/80 in January, it was 56 for an A last year so I did'nt go to the resit and now im regretting it because i need to pass.
Original post by ChronicBoredom
If I take Chemistry, Physics and Maths to A2, what are my possible options for degrees??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't advise Medicine because most universities want Biology.I wouldn't advise Maths/Physics because both really want Further Maths and definetley not Engineering because you are going to need Further Maths.Chemistry is a great idea because you only need Chemistry and Maths for that and thats a great set of A-Levels for Natural Sciences.
Original post by Dalek1099
I wouldn't advise Medicine because most universities want Biology.I wouldn't advise Maths/Physics because both really want Further Maths and definetley not Engineering because you are going to need Further Maths.Chemistry is a great idea because you only need Chemistry and Maths for that and thats a great set of A-Levels for Natural Sciences.

Incorrect... You can get into loads of unis for medicine without biology.
Original post by Arunthathy
what subject grades is everyone else getting?

RE
French
Maths
Further Maths
Geography
Additional Science
PE(Double Award
ICT(Double Award)
Business(Double Award)

I have already got results in:
German A (Year 9)
English Literature A*(Year 10)
English Language A*(Year 10)
Core Science A*(Year 10)
Hmmm... 3 or 4 A2 subjects if you're trying to get into Cambridge?
Reply 3951
Original post by sophie97
Yeah I have two older sisters who are great but they live in London so the best I'll get is a phone call :/ I guess that's true about my parents but surely that shouldn't stop them from saying 'well done'. I've been given this impression because whenever I tell them my modular results they just don't care- even when I did my Spanish GCSE in year 9 and got an A* my dad literally only gave me a nod of appreciation!! They just think I didn't have to try in my exams because they think that GCSEs are easy, but I have to try so hard to get the results I do!
Thanks btw :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw that sucks:frown: Yh i think some people think GCSE's are too easy and therefore don't really care about GCSE results, maybe they'll pay more attention ur doing you're A-levels, but yh i agree they should give you more than a nod of appreciation! It's okay :smile: Let me know you're parents reaction on results day!:h:
Original post by Jatz07
I'm sure 63 is an A*, but wait until they come out to be sure

Jatz

Jatz what do you reckon 55 will be?
Original post by Dalek1099

A lot of uni's don't need bio for medicine, actually.. plus you don't need further maths for engineering..
Hello! This may not be relevant/the right thread to post this in, but maybe somebody could help me out.

Long story short, I recently got a job at M&S, and my induction days are the 21st and 22nd of August, the latter being results day. The days last from 9-5, and I informed them that I am supposed to collect my results at 9 on the second day. I then said that it was fine, as a relative could pick them up on my behalf. However, they have now changed the hours from 10-5, just so I can get my results. But my place of work is at most a 30 minute drive from my school, and I need to get back for 10 o'clock sharp. Does anyone know if I will have enough time to get my results and get to my induction before I am late? My school opens at 9 to collect them, so I'm hoping I'll be in and out in 10-20 minutes, but I thought I'd ask just incase anybody knows exactly how long it will take. Please reply if anyone can give me some advice, thank you!
Anyone here planning on doing the EPQ?
Original post by The Room Student
Haha thanks :smile: In all honesty I'm looking forward to it - but not from excitement, but the anticipation that's making me count down the days...

Either way, I need to take my mind off it

Same! I'm kinda on both sides of the fence to be honest. I want results day to come, but at the same time I don't want it to come. But now I just wanna get it over and done with, you get what I mean? And yh, it's the build up! WOO HOO come on GUYS! WE CAN DO IT!
Reply 3957
Original post by Red Fox

Yup:tongue:
Original post by elixirs
Yup:tongue:

You doing it alongside 4 subjects? I wanna do a Physics related one.
Original post by Red Fox

I'm considering it but I don't really know much about it. Is it sort of like a thesis but A-Level standard instead of a degree?