The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3860
Original post by kpwxx
Yeah as jelly said it's really not that much of a worry.

Your earliest lectures will be 9am at the earliest. I live in the city and did while studying for the last year, and it was fine - for my lectures (which were all 9am as it was a PGCE) I could get up at half 7, and I take ages to get ready! So not too bad, you're only 5 mins from the bus stop and they run very frequently.

I posted a few pages ago about Mary Chapman court if you want to have a look
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=798822&page=190&p=43714859&highlight=#post43714859

xxx

Really helpful, thank you x
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 3861
Do you guys reckon I'll get on campus accommodation if I apply through clearing right now? Has anyone that's applied through clearing received an accommodation offer yet?
Reply 3862
Original post by Casval
Do you guys reckon I'll get on campus accommodation if I apply through clearing right now? Has anyone that's applied through clearing received an accommodation offer yet?

Best thing to do is try, the sooner the better! GO NOW!!! :biggrin:

xxx
Reply 3863
Original post by Casval

apply now!

No-one aside from the unconditonal gap years have recieved their accommodation offer yet
Reply 3864
Done! See you in September!

When I was rereading my clearing E-mail it had the line "We will guarantee university accommodation for you for September 2013 entry." and "Please check the terms and conditions on the accommodation website regarding the guarantee.|"

But the guarantee says:
"
* The following categories of students are not guaranteed accommodation:

Undergraduate students joining through the Clearing process."

Hmm
Reply 3865
Original post by Casval
Done! See you in September!

When I was rereading my clearing E-mail it had the line "We will guarantee university accommodation for you for September 2013 entry." and "Please check the terms and conditions on the accommodation website regarding the guarantee.|"

But the guarantee says:
"
* The following categories of students are not guaranteed accommodation:

Undergraduate students joining through the Clearing process."

Hmm

I believe the guarantee you quoted is their general accommodation guarantee, which dosn't apply to clearing students.

However, on the website the info about clearing says they can guarantee accomm to some groups in clearing, so I would IMAGINE that the email indicates you personally are part of one of these groups, and have been guaranteed accommodation. Just not EVERYONE in clearing will be. I would then think what they mean by check the terms and conditions means that the other things must apply, for example they won't guarantee you a specific room type.

Hey, just looked at the site and it has changed, you are now guaranteed if you are a confirmed student before 23rd Aug. Clearing is no longer an exception

http://www.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate-accommodation/guarantee

:smile:

xxx
Reply 3866
Does anybody know when we get told our halls address? I'd need to know as soon as possible in advance so I can use it as my address on insurance to avoid admin fees for transferring from my details from where I currently live :colondollar:
Reply 3867
Original post by Podolshi
Does anybody know when we get told our halls address? I'd need to know as soon as possible in advance so I can use it as my address on insurance to avoid admin fees for transferring from my details from where I currently live :colondollar:

http://www.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/living-in-uea-residences/services
Address for students living on campus or the University Village*:
[Full Name] [School abbreviation]
[Residence]
Norwich NR4 7TJ

Address for students living at Mary Chapman Court:
[Full Name] [School abbreviation]
[Flat number], Mary Chapman Court
Duke Street
Norwich NR3 3DX

*Special note about University Village post code:
Please note that while NR4 7TJ is the correct post code for addressing mail so that it will reach the Post Room, if you live in the University Village and need to use the post code to identify your address for official purposes (for example, to deal with TV licensing), you should quote the post code NR4 7TL.

So as soon as you get your offer and know your residence you can tell them.

Are you planning on bringing a car?

xxx
Original post by Podolshi

what insurance? if its contents insurance then basic cover is provided in your room though of course if you have expensive possesions you take around with you like an iphone then you'll need extra cover.

Car insurance isn't necessary as you can't bring your car unless your disabled
For those of you waiting for accomodation offers, UEA Accomodation just tweeted that they will be sending them out the 27th August.
Reply 3870
Original post by Fences
Just received an offer for Suffolk Terrace (Standard Twin) - anyone else happen to get one as well? :confused:

I got one too!! :smile:
Hi everyone! I'm studying abroad at UEA for the Fall 2013 semester and want to know if I should bring bedding of my own, and if so what material would be best, or get one of the "starter packs" from this website?

http://www.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/living-in-uea-residences/starterpacks

THANK YOU! :-)
What's the deal on internet? Is there no wifi? We're moving into 2014 after all. Is it possible to just buy a router and plug the ethernet cable into it or is it more complicated than that? As I'm taking multiple devices that use internet, gonna be a pain having to switch the cable between them.
Reply 3873
Original post by kpwxx
So as soon as you get your offer and know your residence you can tell them.

Are you planning on bringing a car?

xxx

Motorcycle :smile: I saw on the day I came for my interview that there was motorcycle parking with plenty of free spaces even during term time! Do I have to pay to use the spaces?
Reply 3874
Do we need to bring a toaster if we are staying in Britten House?
Reply 3875
In Constable terrace do you need a kettle or is there a hot water tap? Also if needed, is the kettle then allowed in your room or will it set the smoke alarm off? Also are other electrical kitchen items permitted, like blenders etc? Cheers!
Hi everyone, I recieved an offer for Orwell close. Anyone else staying there or know anything about it?
Motorbike parking is free on campus. Park opposite the IT rooms and your bike will be under cover as well.
Original post by Clur.M.
In Constable terrace do you need a kettle or is there a hot water tap? Also if needed, is the kettle then allowed in your room or will it set the smoke alarm off? Also are other electrical kitchen items permitted, like blenders etc? Cheers!

sorry constable is one of the older ensuite halls so it doesnt come with a kettle, i got mixed up. i believe other electrical items are permitted in kitchen, someone in my flat used a coffee machine which the cleaner saw and didn't say anything about.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Clur.M.

Steam doesn't set a fire alarm off :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending