The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alludeen1
I'm learning French and Spanish and about to do them at A level with Chemistry and Economics too. I also did Latin GCSE :colone:

Cool. There're a lot of French and Spanish speakers/learners here - me being one of them - so you should have no problem fitting in.
:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6241
I'm learning French and Spanish and about to do them at A level with Chemistry and Economics too. I also did Latin GCSE :colone:

Bienvenido al hilo! Vas a encontrar mucha gente que estudia el francés y el español.
Ego quoque linguam latinam studiabam, sed omnia oblitus sum. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
¡Buenas tardes todos! My my is this thread always this busy? I should have started posting in here sooner. Also curse the person who posted a link to Duolingo because now I can't stop using it; it's great! :tongue:
Reply 6243
*This thread* est une bonne idee! Mais *does anyone* sais *how to get* d'autres langue *keyboards*. Pour exampler une *keyboard* qui a francais *accents*.
All English and french.
My Plan:

After my results I don't think I'd be able to get top UMS in every subject. So instead of Spanish as an A Level, I'm keeping it a hobby.

And I'm also doing Italian and German properly to the samr standards. So I won't have official qualifications...

Sorry octo. I hate German Living or whatever, so I bought a German version of an Italian book I have! :erm: hoped its better.
Original post by Galin
*This thread* est une bonne idee! Mais *does anyone* sais *how to get* d'autres langue *keyboards*. Pour exampler une *keyboard* qui a francais *accents*.
All English and french.

When using a computer, I use the UK Extended Keyboard to type french accents. To use it, you have to change your keyboard settings and select it.
They tell you how to do it here: http://french.about.com/od/writing/ss/typeaccents_6.htm

Once you have changed the settings, look along the task bar (where you have the start button and the time) and you should see a little 'EN', click on it and it should bring up a drop down menu with 'Uk Keyboard' and 'Uk Extended Keyboard'. Select the extended keyboard and you'll be able to type french accents by following this: http://french.about.com/od/writing/ss/typeaccents_3.htm

P.S Using this keyboard doesn't mean that you won't be able to type in English. All you're doing by changing to this keyboard is adding on the French accents so everything else will be the same.

Hope this helps and if you have any problems just ask. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6246
Original post by Galin
All English and french.

I go onto my keyboard settings and add the keyboard of whichever language I need, the keys are in slightly different places, but it's not too hard to work out. You can easily switch keyboards with some sort of toolbar, so you can choose which ow you use at a certain time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AquisM
Bienvenido al hilo! Vas a encontrar mucha gente que estudia el francés y el español.
Ego quoque linguam latinam studiabam, sed omnia oblitus sum. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ojalá mi colegio pudiera offrir más idiomas como el italiano y el portugués porque sería tan interesante poder estudiar y aprender el chino por ejemplo. Vivía en Hong Kong cuando tenía menos años(0-3) y de vez en cuando me da rabia de que no más vivo allá, fue una oportunidad genial! :mob::mob::mob:

And my Latin composition sucks, not even going to bother trying!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6248
Original post by Marii101
When using a computer, I use the UK Extended Keyboard to type french accents. To use it, you have to change your keyboard settings and select it.
They tell you how to do it here: http://french.about.com/od/writing/ss/typeaccents_6.htm

Once you have changed the settings, look along the task bar (where you have the start button and the time) and you should see a little 'EN', click on it and it should bring up a drop down menu with 'Uk Keyboard' and 'Uk Extended Keyboard'. Select the extended keyboard and you'll be able to type french accents by following this: http://french.about.com/od/writing/ss/typeaccents_3.htm

P.S Using this keyboard doesn't mean that you won't be able to type in English. All you're doing by changing to this keyboard is adding on the French accents so everything else will be the same.

Hope this helps and if you have any problems just ask. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh thank you very much! :biggrin:
Merci beaucoup!
Reply 6249
Original post by Vionar
I go onto my keyboard settings and add the keyboard of whichever language I need, the keys are in slightly different places, but it's not too hard to work out. You can easily switch keyboards with some sort of toolbar, so you can choose which ow you use at a certain time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the welcome btw and feel free to press the neg when (and if I haven't already) bored you :smile:
Original post by Galin
Oh thank you very much! :biggrin:
Merci beaucoup!

De rien. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
My Plan:

After my results I don't think I'd be able to get top UMS in every subject. So instead of Spanish as an A Level, I'm keeping it a hobby.

And I'm also doing Italian and German properly to the samr standards. So I won't have official qualifications...

Sorry octo
. I hate German Living or whatever, so I bought a German version of an Italian book I have! :erm: hoped its better.

So you're not studying languages for A level? And do you mean the coursebook Living German? I'm currently working my way through that. :h:

Original post by Marii101
x

Original post by Galin
x

I just looked up the alt-code shortcuts, wrote them out on a sticky note and stuck it to the bottom of my monitor. Whenever I want to type a Spanish or German letter, I just press and hold ALT then type in the number. I'm so used to doing it that I've memorised it now. :smile:

Thanks for the welcome btw and feel free to press the neg when (and if I haven't already) bored you :smile:

Welcome! Willlkommen! ¡Bienvenido!
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
So you're not studying languages for A level? And do you mean the coursebook Living German? I'm currently working my way through that. :h:

You speak... Spanish, I'll try and reply:

Estudiaré (el) francés * l'année prochaine (sorry, I don't know next year in Spanish :colondollar:) pero no estudiadé español u italiano o alemán :mmm:
Reply 6254

I just looked up the alt-code shortcuts, wrote them out on a sticky note and stuck it to the bottom of my monitor. Whenever I want to type a Spanish or German letter, I just press and hold ALT then type in the number. I'm so used to doing it that I've memorised it now. :smile:

Welcome! Willlkommen! ¡Bienvenido!

Thanks for the tip! :smile:
You speak... Spanish, I'll try and reply:

Estudiaré (el) francés * l'année prochaine (sorry, I don't know next year in Spanish :colondollar:) pero no estudiadé español u italiano o alemán :mmm:

sí, podemos hablar en español. :tongue:

¿Por qué no estudias las otras idiomas? ¿Creas que lo encontrarás difícil? ¿Estudias qué otras asignaturas..matemáticas y química, no?

Ahora, voy a continuar aprendiendo matemáticas en mi habitación con mis libros....¡que aburrido! Hace mucho sol y me quedándose en casa.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6256
Someone help me understand the subjunctive please....if never sure when to use it :confused:
sí, podemos hablar en español. :tongue:

¿Por qué no estudias las otras idiomas? ¿Creas que lo encontrarás difícil? ¿Estudias qué otras asignaturas..matemáticas y química, no?

Ahora, voy a continuar aprendiendo matemáticas en mi habitación con mis libros....¡que aburrido!

Haha:tongue:

Estudiaré cincos otros *subjects* :redface:

Physics, Chemistry, French, Geography and Further Maths, don't want to risk another:frown:

Thanks for the tip. I tried using the Alt-codes but switched to AltGr because there's less to remember. (I'm pretty lazy.) :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha:tongue:

Estudiaré cincos otros *subjects* :redface:

Physics, Chemistry, French, Geography and Further Maths, don't want to risk another:frown:

Cúantos?!?!?!?

Latest

Trending

Trending