Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

University of Westminster- Freshers 2013/14

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by FabiusMaximus
Anybody got any emails from Westminster yet about enrolment etc?

I havent?

Only got the email saying about the unconditional offer.
What you studying?
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 421
Anyone for English literature? Will be commmuniting from south London :biggrin:
Original post by aleex
I havent?

Only got the email saying about the unconditional offer.
What you studying?

I only got the one from UCAS confirming my place and to wait for their official letter in the post :smile:

I'm studying History at Regents :smile:

wbu?
Reply 423
fresher partys :

26th september FRAT NIGHT, Giant Twister and Red cup drinks for them drinkers, 7 rooms with different themes !http://www.fatsoma.com/hashtagthursdays/92444?r=1681937438

19th septmeber FRESHERS LAUNCH, start your freshers year with this partyhttp://www.fatsoma.com/hashtagthursdays/92262?r=1681937438

tickets run out
Reply 424
Original post by CathyA
Are you going to send the form via post?

yeah
Reply 425
Oh, okay thanks.

How long did it take for you to get your email? I bet I don't receive the email for ages :tongue:

i got it at around 3 yesturdAY
Reply 426
Hi everyone;

I'm a little bit confused! A week before results day I received an email telling me about enrolment and orientation and the stages "only begin when you have an unconditional etc" and the online steps. After getting accepted yesterday; I got an email confirming the unconditional. I emailed back asking whether we begin online enrolment or something and they said I should be getting an email soon. I'm confused. Didn't I already get an email for it? When do we start the online enrolment? Are we expected another letter or email soon?
Original post by Vectress
Hi everyone;

I'm a little bit confused! A week before results day I received an email telling me about enrolment and orientation and the stages "only begin when you have an unconditional etc" and the online steps. After getting accepted yesterday; I got an email confirming the unconditional. I emailed back asking whether we begin online enrolment or something and they said I should be getting an email soon. I'm confused. Didn't I already get an email for it? When do we start the online enrolment? Are we expected another letter or email soon?

Hi. I've been accepted (unconditional) and I haven't received any emails at all from them about enrolment etc. Only UCAS have emailed their stuff. I've sent an email to Westminster asking them when we might get these emails and I haven't had a reply. I assume they're busy with clearing and stuff. I'll upload the answer onto here if I get it.

Maybe different campuses/subjects/departments have different ways of doing it, hence why some people have emails and some don't.

Funnily enough, I've had more emails since results day from the uni I missed the grades for hahahaha
Original post by Kyz
i got it at around 3 yesturdAY

Ok, thanks :smile:
Reply 429
I only got the one from UCAS confirming my place and to wait for their official letter in the post :smile:

I'm studying History at Regents :smile:

wbu?

Yeah exactly,

Business Economics at Marlyebone, seems like no one is doing it... :/

You sorted out accommodation yet?
Original post by aleex
Yeah exactly,

Business Economics at Marlyebone, seems like no one is doing it... :/

You sorted out accommodation yet?

I think I've seen like 2 other people around here applying for history, not sure I've seen anyone who's officially accepted :P tbh, nearly all of Westminster's courses are in clearing so they must be under-subscribed, what with the 9k fees and stuff.

My dad was at Westminster when he was a kid and learnt at Marylebone :smile: what's the campus like there?

Yeah, I've got a place at the cheapest Unite accommodation I could find up in NE London. I wanted to be at Wembley but tbh I'm saving money in the Unite place due to the travel costs. Zone 2 vs Zone 4. Are you at one of Westminster's halls?
Wait, how do you do the pre-enrolment? I was sent an email with a link saying 'we are pleased to inform you that the enrolment and the orientation programme for your course is now available' and the link just sent me straight to step 3 with the information about what to do on the 16th September ect.
Reply 432
I think I've seen like 2 other people around here applying for history, not sure I've seen anyone who's officially accepted :P tbh, nearly all of Westminster's courses are in clearing so they must be under-subscribed, what with the 9k fees and stuff.

My dad was at Westminster when he was a kid and learnt at Marylebone :smile: what's the campus like there?

Yeah, I've got a place at the cheapest Unite accommodation I could find up in NE London. I wanted to be at Wembley but tbh I'm saving money in the Unite place due to the travel costs. Zone 2 vs Zone 4. Are you at one of Westminster's halls?

Yeah thats what I thought, crazy fees. Going to be weird if its like a small group of like 3/4 people doing one subject for 3/4 years.

Couldn't get accommodation in the halls, they haven't even provided me with a student iD number to access the housing booking system.
So just booked accommodation at the Student Court @ Wembley.

Which Unite accommodation, any chance its Holloway Road?
Reply 433
Original post by NicoleElectra
Wait, how do you do the pre-enrolment? I was sent an email with a link saying 'we are pleased to inform you that the enrolment and the orientation programme for your course is now available' and the link just sent me straight to step 3 with the information about what to do on the 16th September ect.

I got the same exact email, its really confusing.
It seems to me that I have to just turn up on the day, and get put straight into the deep end.
Original post by aleex
Yeah thats what I thought, crazy fees. Going to be weird if its like a small group of like 3/4 people doing one subject for 3/4 years.

Couldn't get accommodation in the halls, they haven't even provided me with a student iD number to access the housing booking system.
So just booked accommodation at the Student Court @ Wembley.

Which Unite accommodation, any chance its Holloway Road?

Yeah it would be odd. I remember at my 'offer holders open day' thing there were probably around 25/30+ there for history. Maybe most people just don't ever look at TSR and we'll turn up and find big classes :L

As Westminster was my insurance I couldn't apply for halls and even then they said if I get in chances are I wouldn't get a room. I think they only have enough accommodation for 50% of students if I remember correctly.

Nope, although I did look at Holloway Road. I'm at Charles Morton Court in Newington Green. It's a little cheaper because it's off the tube, although not that far really.
Reply 435
Hey! Anyone studying LLB Law at Westminster from this year?!:smile:
Reply 436
Yeah it would be odd. I remember at my 'offer holders open day' thing there were probably around 25/30+ there for history. Maybe most people just don't ever look at TSR and we'll turn up and find big classes :L

As Westminster was my insurance I couldn't apply for halls and even then they said if I get in chances are I wouldn't get a room. I think they only have enough accommodation for 50% of students if I remember correctly.

Nope, although I did look at Holloway Road. I'm at Charles Morton Court in Newington Green. It's a little cheaper because it's off the tube, although not that far really.

What was your first choice?

Just wandering, I work down Holloway road, its pretty good accommodation there. Checked it out before, but from pictures, wembley looks a bit better.
I'm from London, and have never heard of Newington green. lool
Original post by aleex
What was your first choice?

Just wandering, I work down Holloway road, its pretty good accommodation there. Checked it out before, but from pictures, wembley looks a bit better.
I'm from London, and have never heard of Newington green. lool

Queen Mary was my first choice but alas, I missed the grades (by quite a bit :cool:). I'm not too bothered, I always liked Westminster and am really excited to start. Was Westminster your firm?

I know Holloway Road, I'm an Arsenal supporter hahaha. I would've liked to have got the place there but it was just a little too expensive in the end. I guess at Wembley you'll be around lots of other Westminster students. I think my halls get a lot of London Met kids rather than Westminster. That's the big downside really.

Newington Green is basically below Stoke Newington but above Canonbury overground station and east of Highbury and Islington station. That's the best way of describing it haha :smile:
Reply 438
you pre enrol on the westminister website
Reply 439
Hi, I'm Chynna, I'll be studying pharmacology and physiology at the Cavendish Campus. I haven't applied to the halls because the waiting list is so long, I'm hoping to live nearby at a student accommodation in Tottenham. Please someone tell me they're also doing my course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending