The Student Room Group

Entering UMS module marks on UCAS

How exactly do I do this? I'm on the education page it says grade and other. Do I put UMS in other rather than grade? and what exactly do I say in that box. Or is it somewhere else on the application?

I'm an honest person so I would like to put what I honestly got
Original post by Robbie242
How exactly do I do this? I'm on the education page it says grade and other. Do I put UMS in other rather than grade? and what exactly do I say in that box. Or is it somewhere else on the application?

I'm an honest person so I would like to put what I honestly got

It says grade, so enter grade. There is nowhere on your UCAS form to enter UMS - if you have any extraordinary scores, you can ask your referee to mention them. If you're applying somewhere that want your UMS, like Cambridge, they want you to put these on the supplementary application form you need to fill out.
Reply 2
Original post by Becca-Sarah
It says grade, so enter grade. There is nowhere on your UCAS form to enter UMS - if you have any extraordinary scores, you can ask your referee to mention them. If you're applying somewhere that want your UMS, like Cambridge, they want you to put these on the supplementary application form you need to fill out.

Oh really? Well thanks for the information. People have being telling me you can put ums down on ucas, maybe that's just my reference though.

Thanks Becca, when do you start filling out the SAQ? I heard in September but I'm not sure.

+1 rep
Oh really? Well thanks for the information. People have being telling me you can put ums down on ucas, maybe that's just my reference though.

Thanks Becca, when do you start filling out the SAQ? I heard in September but I'm not sure.

+1 rep

They send you the form once you apply and then you have 7 days to complete it.
Reply 4

Oh I see, one last question, I've being given a results sheet with 4AS-levels on UCAS do I enter each AS-level individually or for a-levels I'm taking on to A2 do I just enter the A2? Or do I enter both?

i.e. for maths, fm and econ should I make separate AS-level qualifications?

whilst for history which is what I'm dropping I made an AS qualification.

And thank you! sorry for the question overload

+1 rep

Oh I see, one last question, I've being given a results sheet with 4AS-levels on UCAS do I enter each AS-level individually or for a-levels I'm taking on to A2 do I just enter the A2? Or do I enter both?

i.e. for maths, fm and econ should I make separate AS-level qualifications?

whilst for history which is what I'm dropping I made an AS qualification.

And thank you! sorry for the question overload

You enter the AS qualification with your AS grade, and then enter the subject again if you're taking it to A2 with Pending as the grade.
Reply 6

You enter the AS qualification with your AS grade, and then enter the subject again if you're taking it to A2 with Pending as the grade.

Thanks Becca, you definitely cleared up a few misconceptions I had! appreciate it :smile:

Hi, sorry to derail.

I just got a letter from my school confirming AS grades (we got them online). However, the letter said that "at this stage of the course it is our policy not to 'cash in' AS results until we get the overall marks." So, if they aren't cashed in, does that mean I won't be able to actually put my AS grades on my ucas form? :confused: Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I don't know if you need to have the grades cashed in before putting them on.
Reply 8
Original post by Endless Blue
Hi, sorry to derail.

I just got a letter from my school confirming AS grades (we got them online). However, the letter said that "at this stage of the course it is our policy not to 'cash in' AS results until we get the overall marks." So, if they aren't cashed in, does that mean I won't be able to actually put my AS grades on my ucas form? :confused: Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I don't know if you need to have the grades cashed in before putting them on.

You do not need to enter AS grades

If they are not cashed in then you do not actually have an AS grade

You will, however be able to enter a grade for each module/unit taken
Original post by TenOfThem
You do not need to enter AS grades

If they are not cashed in then you do not actually have an AS grade

You will, however be able to enter a grade for each module/unit taken

Ah ok, that's good thanks. I just wasn't really sure what it meant; for a moment I thought I'd have to apply without confirming my AS grades! Although I got a couple of Bs in my exams which will probably reflect slightly worse on me than if I could just enter the overall grades.
Reply 10
Original post by lisa96
On UCAS it says qualification date. Not too sure what to put for this?

Also for AS is it 'GCE Advanced Subsidiary (first award 2001)' ?

yup first award is correct, last award was the last of the a-levels sat 2001 and downwards

August 2013 or August 2014 depending on when your grades are cashed in
Reply 11
Original post by lisa96
What does 'cashed' mean?

when you get certificates basically, when they are officially in the system
Reply 12
Original post by lisa96
I think I'll be getting my AS certificates at the end of yr13

then I think you just put in your grades for A-level overall check with someone that definitley knows though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending