The Student Room Group

Help, what to do!

Hi,

I was told by the course tutor i have a place on the course I wanted to do at Salford I never got the grades and I didn't go through clearing I phoned the tutor and he decided to let me on the course, and basically my UCAS hasn't updated. I've phoned the general admission office a few times yesterday, they said it should update today.

I was told If It wasn't updated to phone again at 2PM, Today I did, however the women said she'd phone me back as the person dealing with the course wasn't at her desk at the moment. So she took my number and said she'd phone back.

It's been 3 hours, so I decided to phone again to check up, and it turns out the general admission office is closed from 5PM and over the weekend now.

I really wan't my UCAS changed to confirm that I'm on the course, Is it worth phoning the clearing line as thats still open to tell them?
Original post by iBlueBox
Hi,

I was told by the course tutor i have a place on the course I wanted to do at Salford I never got the grades and I didn't go through clearing I phoned the tutor and he decided to let me on the course, and basically my UCAS hasn't updated. I've phoned the general admission office a few times yesterday, they said it should update today.

I was told If It wasn't updated to phone again at 2PM, Today I did, however the women said she'd phone me back as the person dealing with the course wasn't at her desk at the moment. So she took my number and said she'd phone back.

It's been 3 hours, so I decided to phone again to check up, and it turns out the general admission office is closed from 5PM and over the weekend now.

I really wan't my UCAS changed to confirm that I'm on the course, Is it worth phoning the clearing line as thats still open to tell them?

Why not? It can't harm and it's better than fretting.
Reply 2
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Why not? It can't harm and it's better than fretting.

Just tried. not getting through :l
Reply 3
As the person above me mentioned, there's no harm in phoning the clearing line, as they might be able to advise you.

I'm in a similar position, as my offer is still conditional and I'm not getting a proper response from my uni, which means I'm stuck with UCAS not updating. Unfortunately it seems like there's nothing that can be done although I was told I'd get my offer last night! I'd definitely recommend ringing though, what's the worst that can happen (:
Just tried. not getting through :l

I can understand this is stressful, but if you've been told several times that it's ok, then try not to worry. It's only a matter of time.They have been swamped over the last two days. They'll get back to you. It's as important to them as it is to you to have it sorted.
Hi,

Hi,

There are people manning the Clearing phones until 7pm so give us a call and we will help you.

Amy
Original post by Amy, University of Salford
Hi,

There are people manning the Clearing phones until 7pm so give us a call and we will help you.

Amy

This is very helpful. I'm sure OP will be grateful.
Reply 7
Original post by Amy, University of Salford
Hi,

Amy

Thanks! I was told by your twitter feed that to be patient due to the amount of results they have to process. :smile:

So I don't think theres any need to ring yet, I may tomorrow if nothings changed so far.
chill bro, he said he'd let you on the course, he had no reason to tell you that if he didn't intend to do it. UCAS and the Unis are clearly very busy, wait 48 hours and im sure the outcome will be favourable to you
It's just said on the news that record numbers of students have got into university within 24 hours of the results coming out. That's a lot of work being done behind the scenes, so it's only to be expected that there are delays.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending