The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I don't think what I've done was very special, and it's gonna be a nuisance tbh...

I've decided not to do the extra AS in Spanish or anything... Just gonna learn Spanish, German and Italian to a high level without committing to an official qualification.

it's much more enjoyable that way :biggrin: ... i'm not doing psychology AS and i'm just learn and read around it by myself :smile:
Original post by techno836
it's much more enjoyable that way :biggrin: ... i'm not doing psychology AS and i'm just learn and read around it by myself :smile:

:yep: better this way...

Psychology is very interesting without the A Level :h:
Original post by elixirs
Aw:frown:
Looking back, I wish put more into subjects like maths and physics, but eh it's a little late! Just the 6 day wait now. Good luck!

Luckily for me I have a brain that can't remember anything unless I'm in an exam where it remembers everything and I'm incredibly fluky so my results should still be great.

I can't do that, I'm a qualifications whore:lol:
Reply 4024
Original post by Red Fox
Luckily for me I have a brain that can't remember anything unless I'm in an exam where it remembers everything and I'm incredibly fluky so my results should still be great.

Hhahahha, now that's better than being talented in mostly any subject.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:yep: better this way...

Psychology is very interesting without the A Level :h:

:yep: no worrying about an exam, just for fun :biggrin:

good I have to wait until I go into waterstones/WHsmith in town to see what they've got :biggrin:
Reply 4026
Original post by Red Fox
I actually like OCR, they get a bit of a bad rep for science but I enjoyed the GCSEs mostly and the A-Levels look like good fun.

Good to hear, I'm looking forwards to it at least!

And Good Luck come next week :smile:
Original post by Red Fox
I can't do that, I'm a qualifications whore:lol:

haha :lol: I might do an EPQ in year 13 around psychology in children just to make it worth something ;D but i'm not sure, I've got ALOT of extracurricular activities to do aswell :s-smilie:
Original post by Tibbz2
Good to hear, I'm looking forwards to it at least!

And Good Luck come next week :smile:

Thanks, good luck to you also.
I've just looked at the exam boards for my a level subjects: 3 OCR and 1 WJEC...and the WJEC one is one of the ones I'd be dropping!
I hope OCR are nice at a level ahhhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
haha :lol: I might do an EPQ in year 13 around psychology in children just to make it worth something ;D but i'm not sure, I've got ALOT of extracurricular activities to do aswell :s-smilie:

Sometimes I think if the standard thing was 3 years in sixth form, we could do so much more. Explore other subjects and develop more as intellectuals before moving on to University. Maybe they could introduce and A3 qualification:biggrin:
Original post by Red Fox
Sometimes I think if the standard thing was 3 years in sixth form, we could do so much more. Explore other subjects and develop more as intellectuals before moving on to University. Maybe they could introduce and A3 qualification:biggrin:

not A3 :nope: (that's what further maths and additional further is for :wink: ) just give us chance to do more subjects :woo:
not A3 :nope: (that's what further maths and additional further is for :wink: ) just give us chance to do more subjects :woo:

Yeah I'd love to do A-Levels in History and Spanish.
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah I'd love to do A-Levels in History and Spanish.

I would mind continuing them either :biggrin: .. although I only got a B in history ( I did it in year 9 haha but if I did in year 10 or 11 I reckon I could have got an A/A* :frown: ... and I was close to an A in Spanish (Y10 ) )
I would mind continuing them either :biggrin: .. although I only got a B in history ( I did it in year 9 haha but if I did in year 10 or 11 I reckon I could have got an A/A* :frown: ... and I was close to an A in Spanish (Y10 ) )

I never did History GCSE and I probably got an A in Spanish because I messed up the listening exam.
Original post by Red Fox
I never did History GCSE and I probably got an A in Spanish because I messed up the listening exam.

the listening exam I somehow got a high B when I thought I had failed :lol:
the listening exam I somehow got a high B when I thought I had failed :lol:

Fair enough:biggrin:. But I needed like 55/60 UMS which seems unlikely.
Original post by Red Fox
Fair enough:biggrin:. But I needed like 55/60 UMS which seems unlikely.

haha yeah no way would I EVER get an A* in listening :lol: writing and reading more likely :lol:
haha yeah no way would I EVER get an A* in listening :lol: writing and reading more likely :lol:

Writing I think I got 37/40 raw marks but I was going for 100%:frown:
Original post by Red Fox
Writing I think I got 37/40 raw marks but I was going for 100%:frown:

my writing was marked to a mid-high A* but you know how your teacher goes to another teacher from another school and hey mark each others? well the other teacher was VERY harsh and wanted it downgraded to a low-mid B .. but my teacher didn't have any of it and just put it to an A ... (she then got an email saying that some of her marks were quite harsh, even though mine wasn't moderated by the board :lol: '

and don't we all aim for 100% ;D

Latest