The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

****ed for accomodation...

anybody else in this position? I got in as an insurance place and have found to my total delight they have no roomsleft at all and a waiting list as long as your arm... the private accomodation seems to universally cost upwards of £10,000PA at the least and well yeah... anyone else in this position then or got any advice on what on earth to do... :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Hey I was in the same position but I've just gone for private halls cos I didn't know what else to do :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Jessicabrady
Hey I was in the same position but I've just gone for private halls cos I didn't know what else to do :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dont suppose you could recomend one? all the ones ive seen are charging at the very least £200 a week... and thats double the loan i get as it is :/
Reply 3
This accommodation is really cheap but its shared bathroom and kitchen, here's the link.
The decision is your.
http://www.cassandclaredale.co.uk/
Cass and Calderdale are full I tried there :frown: try rahere they may have one or two left, or look on the unite website!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Oh sorry I didn't know that it was full.
Try this
http://assam-place.com/
Reply 6
yeh im in the same position as you, getting on my nerves tbh.

gonna look into private accommodation but I can't do £195+ which they all seem to be

Edit: Honestly this uni is absolutely terrible at helping students find accommodation
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Yup im in the same position. well i live in london and they rejected me when it first opened up and now im looking but i have options. option number 1 is my mums friend owns an estate agents and will let me rent a flat close to QM provided I find people who also want in (I only have my friend so far so inbox me if you're interested as i gotta call him today and find out prices) and 2. is this website which is a student housing place near QM for actually fair prices check it out http://www.cassandclaredale.co.uk/term-time/claredale-house/price/.

Hope i helped Cain, and maybe we'll meet sometime :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by cl_steele
anybody else in this position? I got in as an insurance place and have found to my total delight they have no roomsleft at all and a waiting list as long as your arm... the private accomodation seems to universally cost upwards of £10,000PA at the least and well yeah... anyone else in this position then or got any advice on what on earth to do... :frown:

Yeah I know, scape is crazy expensive........................................well your best bet is trying to sort out accommodation yourself, as East London is quite cheap to be honest, so get a group together and go searching, they can be very cheap.
Original post by cl_steele

Check out spareroom.co.uk
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Iqbal007
Yeah I know, scape is crazy expensive........................................well your best bet is trying to sort out accommodation yourself, as East London is quite cheap to be honest, so get a group together and go searching, they can be very cheap.

Is there any car parks near QM?
Original post by yaboy
yeh im in the same position as you, getting on my nerves tbh.

gonna look into private accommodation but I can't do £195+ which they all seem to be

Edit: Honestly this uni is absolutely terrible at helping students find accommodation

£195 per week is crazy. I live in private rented accomodation and I pay around £650 / month to share an apartment with one person.

In fact, when I first moved to London I was paying £420 / month to share a house with two people.
Reply 12
Are there any other universities you could go to?
Reply 13
Original post by yaboy
Is there any car parks near QM?

Not for free, unless you try sainsbury or pcworld retail park further down the road, though I expect they got some sort of security
Have faith in the wait list, I know LOADS of people that eventually got a place in halls! Do not waste your money in Scape, the main thing they claim to offer is security but trust me, the security is not even all that - a friend of mine who lives there still managed to have some guy follow her up to her room!

Have a look at sharing a house, there are still a fair few people looking for an extra roommate :smile:
Reply 15
[h="5"]Room to rent in a 5 bed house on Blondin Street in Bow, part of the Bow Quarter Complex, £130 a week + bills. Access to swimming pool and gym for all residents! Move in date 5th September.[/h]
I just managed to get a place at quantum court- £165 pw 43 weeks and ensuite
Reply 17
Original post by oliviarheya
I just managed to get a place at quantum court- £165 pw 43 weeks and ensuite

How for so cheap?! i can onlysee£199?
Reply 18
Yaaay finally found someone whose staying at Quantum Court too! I was worried seeing that no ones ever heard of it LOOL Just ring them on 02078312447 and tell them you go Qm :smile: It'll then be 165 a week! I'm in Flat 205 room D. What room are you in?
Reply 19
Original post by aashma93
Yaaay finally found someone whose staying at Quantum Court too! I was worried seeing that no ones ever heard of it LOOL Just ring them on 02078312447 and tell them you go Qm :smile: It'll then be 165 a week! I'm in Flat 205 room D. What room are you in?

theyd ran out by the time i got through :frown: im in 105d though :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending