The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by techno836
my writing was marked to a mid-high A* but you know how your teacher goes to another teacher from another school and hey mark each others? well the other teacher was VERY harsh and wanted it downgraded to a low-mid B .. but my teacher didn't have any of it and just put it to an A ... (she then got an email saying that some of her marks were quite harsh, even though mine wasn't moderated by the board :lol: '

and don't we all aim for 100% ;D

I meant reading not writing:rolleyes: and yeah but I had a real good shot at 100% this time:tongue:
Original post by Red Fox
I meant reading not writing:rolleyes: and yeah but I had a real good shot at 100% this time:tongue:

oh hahaha :rofl: .. I can't remember my reading score .. 2 UMS of an A I think :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Incorrect... You can get into loads of unis for medicine without biology.

A lot of universities put preference on subjects that they don't specifically say they require-90% of Maths applicants to Cambridge had Physics A-Level yet it doesn't say it is compulsory.It wouldn't be wise to go for Medicine without Biology and the same goes for Maths,Physics and Engineering without Further Maths,you could get away with it for Physics and maybe Maths but not really Engineering even though it may not specifically say it is required by universities.
Hey guys Im new to this..my first comment :smile: but im soooooo scared for results day haha maybe I could have revised harder :sss im so scared of failure
Original post by deborarosa
Hey guys Im new to this..my first comment :smile: but im soooooo scared for results day haha maybe I could have revised harder :sss im so scared of failure

Hello :h: and many people are nervous and i'm sure many people wish they would have revised after results day :lol: try not to panic too much though :biggrin: you can always work very hard next 2 years and get top A-levels :biggrin:

Make sure you click quote if you want me to see your reply :h:

You and 10000 other TSR members haha
Original post by Dalek1099
A lot of universities put preference on subjects that they don't specifically say they require-90% of Maths applicants to Cambridge had Physics A-Level yet it doesn't say it is compulsory.It wouldn't be wise to go for Medicine without Biology and the same goes for Maths,Physics and Engineering without Further Maths,you could get away with it for Physics and maybe Maths but not really Engineering even though it may not specifically say it is required by universities.

Biology A level isn't required at many uni's for Medicine as in the first year they go over all the content anyway :smile: that's why physics isn't required either :smile:
Reply 4047
Biology A level isn't required at many uni's for Medicine as in the first year they go over all the content anyway :smile: that's why physics isn't required either :smile:

Biology's one of those lessons where you just cannot stop laughing when it's to do with the body and the opposite gender. :wink:
Original post by Dalek1099

Maths and Physics A-Levels are a popular combination.

Just because 90% of applicants had it doesn't mean that it is required. Besides, those are applicants, not offers.

If a university doesn't say an A Level is required or preferred then they really wouldn't discriminate if you did or didn't have that A Level.
haha I know Ill have to! The next two years of my life Ill have to knuckle down :s-smilie: Um how to do you start a thread on here too please? Thanks! :smile:
Hello :h: and many people are nervous and i'm sure many people wish they would have revised after results day :lol: try not to panic too much though :biggrin: you can always work very hard next 2 years and get top A-levels :biggrin:

Make sure you click quote if you want me to see your reply :h:
D-DAY :eek:
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
You and 10000 other TSR members haha
Original post by zed963
Biology's one of those lessons where you just cannot stop laughing when it's to do with the body and the opposite gender. :wink:

haha I guess :lol:

haha I know Ill have to! The next two years of my life Ill have to knuckle down :s-smilie: Um how to do you start a thread on here too please? Thanks! :smile:

and you go into forums drop box at the top and click what's best related to your thread and go through the sub categories until you get to the page with a list of threads and I believe its an option at the top of the list :smile:
Reply 4052
I just want to see the AQA French listening grade boundaries. Anyone else feel the same?
Reply 4053
Original post by zed963
I just want to see the AQA French listening grade boundaries. Anyone else feel the same?

Omg exactly!! That exam was absolutely disastrous
Lol I intended to tell my parents bout results day on wednesday. My mum still doesn't know and my dad only found out when we were watching eastenders and abi got her as result lol and asked wen my results wre comine

They stil dnt know about tye interview what a levels and college are people going.
Original post by Galin

Yeah my friends told me how hard the French Listening exam was, I'm just hoping that the aqa boundaries are not ridiculous for Spanish.
Original post by Galin

Omg I know right; you know how they give you five minutes to look through the paper? Yeah I was feeling okay flicking through the pages...and then the speaker starting gabbling some absurd alien tongue and I was just like: :eyeball:
Reply 4057
Original post by JustaDreamer
Omg I know right; you know how they give you five minutes to look through the paper? Yeah I was feeling okay flicking through the pages...and then the speaker starting gabbling some absurd alien tongue and I was just like: :eyeball:

You just described what happened to me in the exam room.
Reply 4058
Original post by Darnell LD97
Yeah my friends told me how hard the French Listening exam was, I'm just hoping that the aqa boundaries are not ridiculous for Spanish.

For some reason Spanish is usually higher than French for AQA. Yeah, I hope so too
Reply 4059
Original post by JustaDreamer

Haha, yeah I made up most of the stuff in the paper :s-smilie:

Latest