The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zed963
You just described what happened to me in the exam room.

Describing has always been a forte of mine :biggrin: I was least worried about French as well...and you know what happened? I accidently (:facepalm:) skipped a page; wondered why absolutely nothing made sense; went back a page (felt like dying) and had to put a guess...something about lessons? Somehow I think AQA may sprinkle some bad luck on us.
How you guys feeling?
I more curious for the ISA as its a new format than last year and i have no idea of the grade boundaries? Anybody got any predictions?
Any advice for me on results day ???!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4063
Original post by JustaDreamer
Describing has always been a forte of mine :biggrin: I was least worried about French as well...and you know what happened? I accidently (:facepalm:) skipped a page; wondered why absolutely nothing made sense; went back a page (felt like dying) and had to put a guess...something about lessons? Somehow I think AQA may sprinkle some bad luck on us.

I guessed some as well, it was exactly clear especially the one about embarrassing moments.
Original post by Vashappeninkira

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try not to panic :biggrin: and open them where you feel comfortable (away from your friends if you prefer)
Reply 4065
Original post by Vashappeninkira

Posted from TSR Mobile

No matter what you get just remember that it isn't the end of the world.
Original post by zed963
I guessed some as well, it was exactly clear especially the one about embarrassing moments.

Benefits of multiple choice languages :colone: :lol:
Original post by zed963

Original post by Galin
Haha, yeah I made up most of the stuff in the paper :s-smilie:

Didn't we all :frown: Ah well; hopefully the grade boundaries will be low; good luck to you both! :smile:
Reply 4068
Didn't we all :frown: Ah well; hopefully the grade boundaries will be low; good luck to you both! :smile:

Thanks! You too :smile:
Reply 4069
Original post by techno836
Benefits of multiple choice languages :colone: :lol:

I was supposed to right it wasn't exactly clear:colondollar:
Reply 4070

You too, I just hope that there weren't many French people who took the test but apart from that the grade boundaries should be low.
Original post by zed963
I was supposed to right it wasn't exactly clear:colondollar:

haha I know who knows though your guesses could have just got you an A grade :lol:
Reply 4072
haha I know who knows though your guesses could have just got you an A grade :lol:

I hope so, coursework was a high A so that should bail me out if I mess up
Original post by zed963
I hope so, coursework was a high A so that should bail me out if I mess up

haha well my friend was better than my at Spanish and I beat her :lol: she only got a high C overall and I got a high B (top in the class :wink: ) was happy as there were a lot of year 11's in that class :lol:
Reply 4074
haha well my friend was better than my at Spanish and I beat her :lol: she only got a high C overall and I got a high B (top in the class :wink: ) was happy as there were a lot of year 11's in that class :lol:

Oh that's good.

Which subjects have you already got grades for?
Reply 4075
I'm waiting for my GCSE results on the 22nd, and i'm going to do Biology, Chemistry, Maths and a fourth subject in college, but i don't know what to do?? i want to do something easier than the subjects i'm taking, so it's not too much.. any advice? i was thinking of doing psychology or I.T but im not sure also i want to go into a career like medicine or dentistry
In my Biology exam I had on of those moments where I was like ...."Whaaat!?!"... When I saw the last question I was clueless, however after 2 minutes I figured out my answer and felt confident one of those brilliant EUREKA! moments... However, to my dismay the lady in charge of the exam said please put your pencils down before I could write anything on the paper... EPIC FAIL... :frown: I did higher tier and I'm hoping I at least got a B.
Original post by zed963
Oh that's good.

Which subjects have you already got grades for?

Maths A*
English A
P.E (BTEC) A*A*
Spanish B
History B
Human Health and Physiology B
IT (nationals) MM
Reply 4078
Maths A*
English A
P.E (BTEC) A*A*
Spanish B
History B
Human Health and Physiology B
IT (nationals) MM

Won't the Bs affect your chances of getting into medicine?
Original post by ChieOnakata
In my Biology exam I had on of those moments where I was like ...."Whaaat!?!"... When I saw the last question I was clueless, however after 2 minutes I figured out my answer and felt confident one of those brilliant EUREKA! moments... However, to my dismay the lady in charge of the exam said please put your pencils down before I could write anything on the paper... EPIC FAIL... :frown: I did higher tier and I'm hoping I at least got a B.

ouch that is so unlucky :lol: best of luck :biggrin:

Original post by h3lpme.
I'm waiting for my GCSE results on the 22nd, and i'm going to do Biology, Chemistry, Maths and a fourth subject in college, but i don't know what to do?? i want to do something easier than the subjects i'm taking, so it's not too much.. any advice? i was thinking of doing psychology or I.T but im not sure also i want to go into a career like medicine or dentistry

psychology isn't easy :nope: I'd recommend history/geography to show some variance if you don't want another hard science :smile:

Latest