Scroll to see replies

Reply 6280
Original post by Ronove
That seems like a really random place to be drafted. :tongue:

Haha, whys that? :smile:
Original post by AquisM
'Course not, it's la mujer trinkt agua. :biggrin: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no please stop, haha! I swear being a interpreter must require such an unbelievable amount of skill and concentration..no wonder they do it in 20 minute sessions in isolated booths! :eek:
Reply 6282
Original post by Gilo98
Haha, whys that? :smile:

Well, it has access to the sea... sort of... but it looks like it's just right in the middle of the peninsula and not somewhere you'd be put if you were in the Navy. :tongue:
Reply 6283
Original post by Ronove
Well, it has access to the sea... sort of... but it looks like it's just right in the middle of the peninsula and not somewhere you'd be put if you were in the Navy. :tongue:

Haha, maybe it was a secret SAS mission or something :mmm:
*rushes to speak to mum*
Reply 6284
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
Oh no please stop, haha! I swear being a interpreter must require such an unbelievable amount of skill and concentration..no wonder they do it in 20 minute sessions in isolated booths! :eek:

Haha and to think I wanted to be an interpreter... I have such a short attention span I'd probably mess up the entire meeting and make a fool of myself. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AquisM
Haha and to think I wanted to be an interpreter... I have such a short attention span I'd probably mess up the entire meeting and make a fool of myself. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha! :biggrin: Me too. I imagine I'd be halfway through listening to a speech and then just start daydreaming about what I'm going to have for dinner, mess up the entire interpretation and get permanently expelled from any EU work ever, haha!

I have no idea what I'd like to do with my languages. Hopefully by the time I have entered left university I will have my degree language or languages, along with a good few others under my belt. I'd like to leave the UK and travel the world so I guess I'd quite like to be a language teacher as I'm quite a patient person and I love teaching others.
(edited 10 years ago)
Maybe I should drop everything and take:

French, Spanish, German and Chemistry A Level :mmm:

With f.maths maybe... :erm:

I'd definitely fail though, but it'd be so cool... :awesome:
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Now you're talking! :biggrin: Why would you fail? You'll do best at the subjects you are most passionate about, but I don't really know you as a person..but all I cay say is that you did start this thread! :tongue:
Reply 6288

Alemán? Pensaba que no lo hablas? Pero con tu inteligencia y personalidad no tengo duda de que tendrías éxito y sacarías buenísimas notas si lo aprendieses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
Now you're talking! :biggrin: Why would you fail? You'll do best at the subjects you are most passionate about, but I don't really know you as a person..but all I cay say is that you did start this thread! :tongue:

I'm crap at German... Can't speak it :mmm:

Original post by AquisM
Alemán? Pensaba que no lo hablas? Pero con tu inteligencia y personalidad no tengo duda de que tendrías éxito y sacarías buenísimas notas si lo aprendieses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're right :h: I don't...

:rofl: thanks, but you're seriously over estimating my abilities :smile:
Reply 6290

:rofl: thanks, but you're seriously over estimating my abilities :smile:

No creo que lo que dices sea verdad. Tienes un don en los idiomas. No hay mucha gente joven que sea capaz de comprender los aspectos difíciles y avanzadas de la gramática de muchas lenguas, como lo de duquel, auquel, lequel blahblahblah que te han enseñado Constant, Octo y varios otros. Estoy seguro de que solamente eres humilde, que sabes que eres muy inteligente. Si no te sientes así, ten más confianza en ti mismo! Como dice un proverbio chino: 世上無難事,只怕有心人 - when there's a will, there's a way. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean you can't speak it....yet. German pronunciation is difficult isn't so bad!
Original post by AquisM
No creo que lo que dices sea verdad. Tienes un don en los idiomas. No hay mucha gente joven que sea capaz de comprender los aspectos difíciles y avanzadas de la gramática de muchas lenguas, como lo de duquel, auquel, lequel blahblahblah que te han enseñado Constant, Octo y varios otros. Estoy seguro de que solamente eres humilde, que sabes que eres muy inteligente. Si no te sientes así, ten más confianza en ti mismo! Como dice un proverbio chino: 世上無難事,只怕有心人 - when there's a will, there's a way. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't believe what I say is true. I have a gift with languages. There aren't many people ... Are able to understand the difficult parts and advanced grammar of many languages, like of which, which, which, bla bla bla that I have learnt...?

You are absolutely sure that I am... Modest? (guess), that I know I'm very intelligent :rofl: (you're too nice)

I want to learn Chinese:mad: I can't start though, I will one day:h:
Reply 6293
You don't believe what I say is true. I have a gift with languages. There aren't many people ... Are able to understand the difficult parts and advanced grammar of many languages, like of which, which, which, bla bla bla that I have learnt...?

You are absolutely sure that I am... Modest? (guess), that I know I'm very intelligent :rofl: (you're too nice)

I want to learn Chinese:mad: I can't start though, I will one day:h:

Well, maybe the delivery was a bit... flowery :tongue:, but the essential message is there. :biggrin: And yes, humilde is humble, and I hope you find time to learn Chinese one day, I think you'll like it. Btw, I've decided to (semi-)formally learn French. What do you suggest I learn first? :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AquisM
Well, maybe the delivery was a bit... flowery :tongue:, but the essential message is there. :biggrin: And yes, humilde is humble, and I hope you find time to learn Chinese one day, I think you'll like it. Btw, I've decided to (semi-)formally learn French. What do you suggest I learn first? :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:woo: I understood it!:biggrin:

That's great news!

Some notes:
The subjunctive is used a LOT less.
Where you'd use the preterite in Spanish you use French perfect past.
Spanish present perfect is like French.. pronoun + venir + de + infinitive
We DO use pronouns

You already know things, so you're not a complete beginner... :erm:

About.com, use that to see what you don't know and use that...

I think:
Personal Subject Pronouns
Articles
All the tenses

I have a PowerPoint actually... Do you have an email address?(PM me)
I have definitively proven it is possible to pass A-level German, even if one cannot speak it...
Original post by Gilo98
hehe ok then :biggrin:

have I used the right cases here for 'in'?

Ich gehe in das Haus
Der Man ist in dem Haus

Ja. But you would contract those ones to ins and im, respectively. It's like how practically no English speaker in the world would say "I was not doing anything!"- it's always "I wasn't doing anything!".
Reply 6297

That's great news!

Some notes:
We DO use pronouns

You already know things, so you're not a complete beginner... :erm:

About.com, use that to see what you don't know and use that...

I think:
Personal Subject Pronouns
Articles
All the tenses

I have a PowerPoint actually... Do you have an email address?(PM me)

Thanks! Pm on its way!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Octopus_Garden
It's like how practically no English speaker in the world would say "I was not doing anything!"- it's always "I wasn't doing anything!".

I say that sometimes. :unsure: Am I a freak?
Reply 6299

That's great news!

Some notes:

The present perfect. 'The perfect past' isn't really a thing and could easily be confused with 'the past perfect', which is most definitely not the equivalent of the preterite.

NO! This is not true at all. Having just done something is not what triggers the present perfect in Spanish, though it can be part of the reason to use it. The Spanish has its own venir de phrase, which is acabar de.

Latest