The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Pendle College & Accommodation

Hey Everyone!
Who else is definitely going to Lancaster University and has/is going to pay their deposit for the accommodation in Pendle?
Why not fill this out and get to know each other a bit? :smile:

Course: Computer Science (3 years)
Accommodation Type: Superior en-suite
Where you're coming from: Newcastle

Look forward to meeting everybody on Saturday 28th September 2013! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Already made a Pendle thread! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2381967

Pendle was my first choice and Grizedale my second, but from other peoples posts then it looks like I won't get into Grizedale so Pendle is more likely for me.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Course: IT for Creative Industries (4 years)
Where you're coming from: Wigan

paid my deposit this morning!
Reply 3
Original post by Rogers
Already made a Pendle thread! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2381967

Pendle was my first choice and Grizedale my second, but from other peoples posts then it looks like I won't get into Grizedale so Pendle is more likely for me.

Ahh had a quick look and didn't see one, I must be blind haha
My first choice was Grizedale and my second was Pendle, but I got my second choice!
Reply 4
Original post by DFarrell
Course: IT for Creative Industries (4 years)
Where you're coming from: Wigan

paid my deposit this morning!

Same college and accommodation! Might even end up being in the same halls!! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Blackavar
Same college and accommodation! Might even end up being in the same halls!! :biggrin:

Nice! Theres only 3 types of room available for Pendle though so there must be a lot of superior ensuite rooms for them to fill :redface: I wonder if rooms are already allocated before you go or if you get given a room when you turn up on the day.
Reply 6
Original post by DFarrell
Nice! Theres only 3 types of room available for Pendle though so there must be a lot of superior ensuite rooms for them to fill :redface: I wonder if rooms are already allocated before you go or if you get given a room when you turn up on the day.

"Pendle residences straddle the boundary between the main campus and Alexandra Park - some 719 bedspaces. There are 401 Standard rooms with washbasins, as well as 246 Superior Ensuite rooms. Pendle also has 72 self contained studios"

There's always a chance haha! Possibly see you 6 weeks today!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
"Pendle residences straddle the boundary between the main campus and Alexandra Park - some 719 bedspaces. There are 401 Standard rooms with washbasins, as well as 246 Superior Ensuite rooms. Pendle also has 72 self contained studios"

There's always a chance haha! Possibly see you 6 weeks today!

So the chance of us getting 2 of those superior ensuites in the same house are quite low haha! I'm sure we'll meet at some point during the freshers events anyway
Reply 8
Course: earth and environmental science with a year in north America accomidation: superior on-suite
And I'm from Manchester

Can't wait for freshers week !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Splodge28
Course: earth and environmental science with a year in north America accomidation: superior on-suite
And I'm from Manchester

Can't wait for freshers week !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh we've got the same accommodation type! have you paid your deposit? I payed mine two days ago)

5 weeks and 6 days!!
Reply 10
Yeah I paid mine on Thursday morning haha :biggrin: we might be on the same floor :smile: .. How are you at cooking ,, I'm okay I guess XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I don't know what accommodation I'm in yet! I haven't had any emails or a letter yet :frown:

Hopefully I will find out in the next few days!
Reply 12
Original post by LBraley
I don't know what accommodation I'm in yet! I haven't had any emails or a letter yet :frown:

Hopefully I will find out in the next few days!

Let's hope your in pendle so we can add some more to the group :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Yeah I paid mine on Thursday morning haha :biggrin: we might be on the same floor :smile: .. How are you at cooking ,, I'm okay I guess XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could be on the same floor! But I'm sure I'll see you sometime though! :biggrin:

About cooking... I've done all the cooking in the house for the past 4/5 years haha, so that's one thing I can do! :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Haha well your very advanced compared to me.. I made the first meal ever for the family last night !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Haha well your very advanced compared to me.. I made the first meal ever for the family last night !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh!! What'd you make?! :biggrin:
Reply 16
Confirmed my accommodation! I'm in Pendle College in a standard room.

Studying Finance and Management Studies

Coming over from the Isle of Man.

Can't wait! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by LBraley
Confirmed my accommodation! I'm in Pendle College in a standard room.

Studying Finance and Management Studies

Coming over from the Isle of Man.

Can't wait! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Another Pendle person!!! :biggrin:
Look forward to seeing you on the 28th!
Reply 18
Ahhh!! What'd you make?! :biggrin:

I did rice and madras curry :smile: I'll defo be living off the easy foods haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I did rice and madras curry :smile: I'll defo be living off the easy foods haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I make pretty much make everything from scratch! :tongue:

Corned Beef Hash / Curries / Lasagne / Macaroni Cheese / Pasta Sauces / Pizza / Shepherds Pie / Soups / Sunday Dinner / Tacos and a few other things are probably what I make the most... Cooking dinner everyday for the past 4/5 years has been useful! xD

Quick Reply