The Student Room Group

A Levels to BTec

After my dreadful results yesterday I have been advised by my college to do a BTec in Applied Science to give myself the best opportunity. The exams let me down with the A Levels and I know that with a BTec course there aren't any. However I was really eager to go to Uni and study Genetics or Neurology, but I don't know whether or not the BTec course will allow me to do that. Please help! :frown:
Reply 1
I've known people get into a Chemistry degree with a BTEC... just ask the uni's and check the specs. Most will accept BTECs and some consider applicants on an "individal basis". I've just done poorly on my a levels and am going on this course too. :smile:
Original post by Emma_Jane95
After my dreadful results yesterday I have been advised by my college to do a BTec in Applied Science to give myself the best opportunity. The exams let me down with the A Levels and I know that with a BTec course there aren't any. However I was really eager to go to Uni and study Genetics or Neurology, but I don't know whether or not the BTec course will allow me to do that. Please help! :frown:

If you want to go to a decent Uni do A-Levels instead, BTECs won't help you get anywhere.
Reply 3
Original post by yellowcopter
If you want to go to a decent Uni do A-Levels instead, BTECs won't help you get anywhere.

Well that's not true since you can still get into decent uni's with a BTEC.
Original post by Rixion
Well that's not true since you can still get into decent uni's with a BTEC.

Only if you get DDD and usually only a very small amount of Science courses will be available to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending