The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York University Course

Is anyone studying QL32 English/Politics Equal?
or English Lit or Politics at York University 2013? :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Livvie McKee

Hey, I'm not studying those but I'm doing French and Spanish. Do you know of anyone going to York to study languages? :smile: I've literally found nobody :frown: Have you decided which college you want to stay in? :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by Lozzz..x
Hey, I'm not studying those but I'm doing French and Spanish. Do you know of anyone going to York to study languages? :smile: I've literally found nobody :frown: Have you decided which college you want to stay in? :smile:

No unfortunately I don't know anyone studying languages :frown:, though within English Literature you have the option of picking a language for translation, though I don't know if I'll do this due to already having Politics. Sorry, but also not much help on accommodation either, although I was thinking of staying within my college, so maybe Derwit. But to be honest I don't have a major preference, do you have any college ideas? :smile:
Computer science ??? Anyone
:biggrin:
Reply 4
No unfortunately I don't know anyone studying languages :frown:, though within English Literature you have the option of picking a language for translation, though I don't know if I'll do this due to already having Politics. Sorry, but also not much help on accommodation either, although I was thinking of staying within my college, so maybe Derwit. But to be honest I don't have a major preference, do you have any college ideas? :smile:

I was thinking Vanbrugh or Alcuin but I don't know if there will be too quiet, people seem to always say that :/ Do you apply for your accommodation tomorrow? :smile:
If you got a conditional offer and firmed it then we can apply from tomorrow at 8AM! So get up early folks!

Also thinking of Alcuin, or Derwent- not sure if I should go self catered :P
Reply 6
Original post by CrusaderMkII
If you got a conditional offer and firmed it then we can apply from tomorrow at 8AM! So get up early folks!

Also thinking of Alcuin, or Derwent- not sure if I should go self catered :P

I am because then I know I can save money on food :smile:

What are you studying?
Reply 7

I'm studying English, so I guess I'll be half on your course! Hi! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by unarebeca

Hi, I can't believe that for such a popular course choice (English) at least, that I have finally found someone, so Hi!!!
Do you know what college you are thinking of applying to or have applied to?
:smile:
Reply 9
I was thinking Vanbrugh or Alcuin but I don't know if there will be too quiet, people seem to always say that :/ Do you apply for your accommodation tomorrow? :smile:

I'm thinking those two and James College as well, as Derwit although is the biggest and seems maybe the most lively has mainly standard rooms with a high proportion being catered and I was hoping to get en-suite non-catered so opted for the others, due to each college still having a social hub (cafe/ bar/ meeting place) anyway :smile:
I'm studying history!

Trying to apply for accommodation right now but it doesn't seem to be happening... Logged in for the 10 minute countdown and I was behind 683 people :frown: Now I can't even get on the site! According to isitdownrightnow.com on my PC the site's down for everyone, according to it on another PC the site's up for everyone. So confused!
Reply 11
Original post by CrusaderMkII
I'm studying history!

Trying to apply for accommodation right now but it doesn't seem to be happening... Logged in for the 10 minute countdown and I was behind 683 people :frown: Now I can't even get on the site! According to isitdownrightnow.com on my PC the site's down for everyone, according to it on another PC the site's up for everyone. So confused!

It's the same for me, I was in the queue behind 816 people and then I'm not sure what happened but now I'm not even in the queue and can't log back on :/
At least someone else's is in the same boat. The accommodation phone number is busy too, tried emailing them but not holding my breath.
Reply 13
Think I'm gonna be staring at the same 'this webpage is not available' message all day :/
Reply 14
Think I'm gonna be staring at the same 'this webpage is not available' message all day :/

I had that too!! What accommodation did you go for in the end?

Original post by unarebeca

Also studying English! I've seen quite of a few of us in the York forums, but we seem to have been out shadowed by the other subjects recently. :tongue:
Reply 16
Original post by dark-blue
Also studying English! I've seen quite of a few of us in the York forums, but we seem to have been out shadowed by the other subjects recently. :tongue:

Yeah I agree, but at least more people on the English courses have been found now :smile:. Have you had a reading list from York yet? Hi by the way :smile:
Yeah I agree, but at least more people on the English courses have been found now :smile:. Have you had a reading list from York yet? Hi by the way :smile:

Hi! :smile:

I got a reading list via email about mid-July, about a one "book" from finishing The Odyssey now. How does that work for you? I guess being joint honours, you'd have to do the core modules so maybe you've been given a similar reading list but with some politics stuff thrown in? Do you do any "bridging" modules or are the two subjects kept separate?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just a very curious person!
Reply 18
Original post by dark-blue
Hi! :smile:

I got a reading list via email about mid-July, about a one "book" from finishing The Odyssey now. How does that work for you? I guess being joint honours, you'd have to do the core modules so maybe you've been given a similar reading list but with some politics stuff thrown in? Do you do any "bridging" modules or are the two subjects kept separate?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just a very curious person!

Hi, yeah I got a reading list around that time too, I have 4 fictional books which have elements of politics in themes or background of the novel, the rest of the list are Literature practice. :smile: yeah I do a bridge dissertation in the final year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending