The Student Room Group

Uni being harsh?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Situation sorted, I'm now doing (forced really) to retake my A-Levels via the form of a science BTEC equivalent to 3 A-Levels at Mid-Cheshire College, may end up not bothering with going to uni in 2 years time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sam_town1
Situation sorted, I'm now doing (forced really) to retake my A-Levels via the form of a science BTEC equivalent to 3 A-Levels at Mid-Cheshire College, may end up not bothering with going to uni in 2 years time

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're happy?
Reply 42
Not really, the decision wasn't mine but as I've got no other option, I have to go along with it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not really, the decision wasn't mine but as I've got no other option, I have to go along with it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry. It's a terrible cliche and not at all what you want to hear right now, but things do have a way of working themselves out. I wish you luck and happiness.
Reply 44
Original post by carnationlilyrose
I'm sorry. It's a terrible cliche and not at all what you want to hear right now, but things do have a way of working themselves out. I wish you luck and happiness.

Well, not for me. I'm pretty much one of the unluckiest people you'll ever come across, I'll be going in two years time with 7 A levels (with around 4/5 A's as the BTEC is coursework and I've never got below an A in coursework in AS or A2) and I'll still get rejected. Cheers anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, not for me. I'm pretty much one of the unluckiest people you'll ever come across, I'll be going in two years time with 7 A levels (with around 4/5 A's as the BTEC is coursework and I've never got below an A in coursework in AS or A2) and I'll still get rejected. Cheers anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

It seems like that now, but it won't always be like that, I promise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't believe in luck that negative attitude however isn't going to get you anywhere
Reply 47
Original post by carnationlilyrose
It seems like that now, but it won't always be like that, I promise.

I speak from past experiences where this has happened. Plus side is that I have 2 years to work on my refereeing to which I may be offered full-time employment with the FA or be very close to that stage

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, I see... Please just not make the fault to get into a state of mind, where you don't want to be.

And there is strong evidence, that it won't be like you said:

a) You already got the possibility to get into University, just not at the course, you want to. Thus there is now evidence that you get "still" rejected. You got rejected because of an E, thus getting a distinction at your BTEC won't hinder you!!!
b) You are very very young. At this age, there are thousands of students all over Europe still in secondary education. At university you will meet fresher at the age of 25 and more. => AGE IS NOT A PROBLEM!!!
c) You said, you are better at course work and the BTEC is based on that: Your chance! Take it!
d) University is easier with some experience under your belt, a better idea of what you want to do and with a good deal of self-confidence and the knowledge how you have to learn. => There is a good chance you will profit from these two years in the long run.

Thus, as you can see, there is no reason to be down regarding your prospects.

Nevertheless it is understandably disappointing having waited two years for the chance to go to University to do a certain course and then: :frown:
Take some time out, do something enjoyable!

:console::hugs:
I speak from past experiences where this has happened. Plus side is that I have 2 years to work on my refereeing to which I may be offered full-time employment with the FA or be very close to that stage

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, that's a definite plus. However, I'm very nearly 3 times your age (yes, I know. It's a pre-retirement hobby, being on here) and I promise you that life gets better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Life must seem pretty harsh right now and it my not be the decision you want but don't go into the course with a negative attitude it honestly won't help.

Maybe you'll be able to get in the US course you were on about, and the BTEC may give you the opportunity to Make new friends, get the support you need in Biology and at the very least go to the university you want on the course you want.
Reply 51
Original post by Mindspanking
Life must seem pretty harsh right now and it my not be the decision you want but don't go into the course with a negative attitude it honestly won't help.

Maybe you'll be able to get in the US course you were on about, and the BTEC may give you the opportunity to Make new friends, get the support you need in Biology and at the very least go to the university you want on the course you want.

I come from an extensive medical and chemical engineering background, to point out my mum was a nurse for 20 years and is now a PhD student in Forensic Anthropology at LJMU (bit ironic there), my late dad was an Anaesthesiologist and later a GP (who was the GP of many of my high school friends, and possibly people like Beth Tweddle when she lived in Bunbury until he died 12 years ago next week). My eldest brother is an analytical chemist and other brother is doing clinical neurophysiology, and I'm just sat here whilst my mum rips into me constantly. The Athletic Training resides on me gaining a good scholarship over there as I don't have the finances to pay the astronomical fees over there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending