The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7520
Original post by kbountra
I think they might be stress related from all your worrying/superstition during Rafa matches.

Thats true to a certain extent I do worry alot for Rafa in his matches. I didn't know thats going to have a negative and physical impact on me.:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
Reply 7521
Berdych serving well at the moment, difficult for Murray to get anywhere in his service games.
Reply 7522
Original post by Krish4791
Very true - he cannot beat Djokovic or Nadal (consistently at least), and he used to get owned by Federer several times, but that changed in 2010 when the latter started declining and was easier to hit off the court. Berdych naturally matches up quite well against Murray, which is quite surprising - you'd think Murray's defensive skills would frustrate the Czech as with Djoko/Rafa

Even Ferrer has a close 5-7 H2H against Murray and we all know about his awful record against the other 3. I wonder why that is the case?

Berdych used to own Rafa at one stage but now has lost like 11/12 in a row. It's probably because he is a 'Rafael Nadal' fanboy. Seriously, take a look at his twitter account. The guy is literally singing praises of Rafa. A very pathetic attitude to do that to one of your rivals.

Another reason could be that he hits with a lot of pace and very little spin. It's easier to direct the powerful shot back into play if hit with proper connection than the one with lots of spin on it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7523
True.

When Rafa beats Roger, he doesn't always have to play his best tennis purely because of how advantageous the match-up is for him. However, when we have the opportunity to see Federer crush Rafa, Rafa may be a little off but usually it's Federer who plays his absolute vintage best, and that's a joy to watch.

When they both turn up, then we get our more competitive deciding-set matches.

I mean Rafa doesn't need to try his best today H2H is so in his favor that he knows the future matches with Fed are his for the taking he could tank like murray and Nole for the US OPEN.
Also Nadal has a better chance of winning Cinci now.
Reply 7524
Original post by ubi1
I mean Rafa doesn't need to try his best today H2H is so in his favor that he knows the future matches with Fed are his for the taking he could tank like murray and Nole for the US OPEN.

Rafa vs Roger on senior tour. Who would win? I honestly feel the older they get, the better the Federer's chances of beating Rafa.
Reply 7525
Poor from Andy. 2 loose service games and after that Berdych didn't have to do much special. No 2 ranking up for grabs now, if Rafa doesn't get it this week he will surely get it at the US Open.
Reply 7526
Original post by Roger1
Rafa vs Roger on senior tour. Who would win? I honestly feel the older they get, the better the Federer's chances of beating Rafa.

I want Nole, Fed, mURRAY and Nadal to become commentators after they retire.
With Berdych's victory, the Roger-Rafa match becomes very significant in terms of ATP Rankings.

If Nadal wins, he should win the tournament (I don't see anyone other than Fed stopping him) and so can actually leapfrog to No. 2 and Federer would drop to No. 7. Rafa would then be in fantastic position to take the No. 1 spot

If Federer were to somehow win, Rafa would stay where he is and Roger would need to win the tournament anyway to protect his own ranking.
Draw has really opened up now for Rafa and DelPo but I'm expecting the Federer match today to be a lot closer than people are saying.
Reply 7529
Original post by ubi1
I want Nole, Fed, mURRAY and Nadal to become commentators after they retire.

I was reading some article time ago about Fed saying that he wants to play on the senior tour after retiring. Murray will probably indulge in his hotel business. Poker and golf tournaments await Nadal and no idea about Djokovic though. It'll be nice to see them all commentate together in a match though.
Reply 7530
Murray has been pretty awful at the Masters this year bar Miami. He was a lot more consistent in them before he started winning slams.
Murray sounds like a boring commentator.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7532
Original post by xxxKINGxxx
Murray sounds like a boring commentator.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed, he doesn't have the voice for it.
Reply 7533
Seeing Murray and Novak struggle makes me wonder how consistent Federer and to some extent Nadal were in their prime years. After Nadal comes back to earth, we are headed towards another transitional era. Let's hope the younger guys can step up and take advantage of that.
With Robson not at New Haven, what are the chances see stays seeded for US Open?
Original post by Roger1
Seeing Murray and Novak struggle makes me wonder how consistent Federer and to some extent Nadal were in their prime years. After Nadal comes back to earth, we are headed towards another transitional era. Let's hope the younger guys can step up and take advantage of that.

Nadal will be brought down eventually, but 2013 has been his fairytale year really. Making it to the finals of Cincinnati would be a record for him in itself.
Original post by Prendah
Indeed, he doesn't have the voice for it.

I haven't heard nole speak much and nadal has his Spanish tone to it, but I very much like federer accent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ubi1

Lets not forget that the man who was a set and a break up in Indian Wells has this time not had to go through Murray and Djokovic.
Reply 7538
Original post by Rakas21
Lets not forget that the man who was a set and a break up in Indian Wells has this time not had to go through Murray and Djokovic.

Indeed, I think this is a really good chance for Delpo to finally win a Masters title. Long time coming.
Reply 7539
Nadal will be brought down eventually, but 2013 has been his fairytale year really. Making it to the finals of Cincinnati would be a record for him in itself.

The records would 6 finals in masters in a year 5 titles if he wins cincy and 9/9 finals also 9/7 only missing Paris and Miami if you can win Cincy then i dont see why you can't win Miami and paris both have been slowed down.:colondollar:

Latest