Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Stoughton Leys....anyone?
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Hey Guys! I've just accepted my accommodation offer, I'm in John Foster, Barkby. Wondering if anyone else is in this block or JoFo in general? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in Barkby too! What flat are you in? I'm Floor 1 flat 4
Reply 943
Original post by katietie
Anyone else in Lasdun? :smile:

Me! Block BX I think, what about you?
Reply 944
Original post by rachel163
Me! Block BX I think, what about you?

Oh yeah same!! :redface: floor 02 room 17, you?

I'm so happy I've finally found someone :biggrin:
I think John Foster is really nice which is what I got :smile:
I want to find other people who are going to be there! and possibly people in the same flat as me!
Reply 946
anyone on floor 2 of block EE in Bowder Court? :smile:
Reply 947
Oh yeah same!! :redface: floor 02 room 17, you?

I'm so happy I've finally found someone :biggrin:

Woohoo! I'm floor 1 room 8, but still you're the closest I've found so far! Have you seen the rooms before and stuff? Cause I have no idea what they're like at all hahah
Original post by Wellsy77
It's mixed between all three; PG, International and UG. I lived at Opal (practically the sister of Nixon) and I found it to be mainly international/UG. I knew someone at Nixon who would say the same. Obviously they try and place you in a flat with similar students so don't be that afraid. Nixon is great for three reasons; 5/10 mins away from uni, closer to local amenities (morrisons is 5 mins away and town is about a 25 minute walk) and there's a pub about 2 minutes away from the main blocks, ahha. Obviously the closeness to uni is a big bonus on nights at the union. (It'll save taxi fares if you have someone to walk back with) I would say if you want a more sociable living quarters though, I'd go for Oadby. Plus Nixon has only been half renovated. If you live in the renovated blocks they're amazing (expensive too!) but the other blocks are standard student living quarters.

what blocks are the renovated ones?
Reply 949
Woohoo! I'm floor 1 room 8, but still you're the closest I've found so far! Have you seen the rooms before and stuff? Cause I have no idea what they're like at all hahah

Ah cool! Yeah, the rooms look ok but the corridors are a bit skanky haha, I'm sure it'll be fine though, looking forward to it :biggrin: what are you studying?
Anyone in JoFo? I'm in Gumley! :smile: Flat 9
Reply 951
Ah cool! Yeah, the rooms look ok but the corridors are a bit skanky haha, I'm sure it'll be fine though, looking forward to it :biggrin: what are you studying?

Ohhhh okay, hopefully it'll be alright, I'm so excited I don't even think skanky corridors could get me down hahah! Also are they mixed sex? Cos I've only seen like 2 others in the same block and they were girls so?

French and English :biggrin: what about you?
Reply 952
Ohhhh okay, hopefully it'll be alright, I'm so excited I don't even think skanky corridors could get me down hahah! Also are they mixed sex? Cos I've only seen like 2 others in the same block and they were girls so?

French and English :biggrin: what about you?

Yeah I know, doesn't even matter what it looks like we'll be too busy! Oh that's cool, I'm doing English and history :biggrin:

Also at the end of my accommodation application they asked if I wanted same sex or not, and I said no so I think it'll probs be mixed. But they usually put boys on the bottom floor I think.
Reply 953
Original post by lehill1994
Hi I've been put in Digby Hall for accommodation, yellow block, first floor, flat 4, room G, anyone near me? :smile: also does anybody know how many people which will share a bathroom in there? thanks:smile:

I'm in orange block of Digby Hall, ground floor, flat 1 so I'm pretty close to you :smile: and I'm assuming it will be about 8-10ish but I'm not sure. Have you seen that accommodation before, I haven't seen it at all so I have no idea what to expect?
Reply 954
Yeah I know, doesn't even matter what it looks like we'll be too busy! Oh that's cool, I'm doing English and history :biggrin:

Also at the end of my accommodation application they asked if I wanted same sex or not, and I said no so I think it'll probs be mixed. But they usually put boys on the bottom floor I think.

Exactly! Oh that sounds fun, we'll probably be in some of the same lectures then! I'm actually just so excited to go now hahah.
Reply 955
Exactly! Oh that sounds fun, we'll probably be in some of the same lectures then! I'm actually just so excited to go now hahah.

Yeah probably! I'm feeling much better now I've heard from someone close!
Nixon court, Block D, Flat 7 premium single. can anyone tell me or estimate the number of people in my flat?
Original post by stoppy123
Stoughton Leys....anyone?

I'm in Bredon House which is right next door! :smile:
Reply 958
Yeah probably! I'm feeling much better now I've heard from someone close!

Yeah same! It's a bit of a relief hahah!
Anyone in green block of digby?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending