Original post by techno836
Maths A*
English A
P.E (BTEC) A*A*
Spanish B
History B
Human Health and Physiology B
IT (nationals) MM

You've already got 9 GCSEs thats incredible, I've already got 4 GCSEs but with an A* percentage of 75%.When did you complete each one?-I completed German in Year 9 and got an A and English Language,English Literature and Core Science in Year 10 and got an A* in all three.
Original post by ghost_rebel
Could u post the link up plz?:smile:

http://practice.ukcat.ac.uk/pages/menu.aspx?pack=ED1A787C-0A8C-6EAC-B762-4A2F0B0C146C

there you go :smile: might be a bit late to do it now though :lol:

not sure if this is the one I did though ?
Original post by Dalek1099
You've already got 9 GCSEs thats incredible, I've already got 4 GCSEs but with an A* percentage of 75%.When did you complete each one?-I completed German in Year 9 and got an A and English Language,English Literature and Core Science in Year 10 and got an A* in all three.

lets see IT nationals were in year 8... Year 9 was history and PE .. and year 10 was Maths English Spanish and human Health and Physiology

shame as if I did History in year 10 I could have got an A* easy ( I was like 2/3 UMS of an A or something) and my Spanish was close to an A too :frown:
Original post by Ani97
How did u do it a few months ago if u are in year 11 ? I swear people learn it in year 12 and do the test in the year 12 holidays ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was the free online practise :lol:
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
Medicine Students....ahhh :colonhash:

Making me feel inferior since 2012

haha sowie :h: :colondollar:
Reply 4165
not too sure I thought they just get lowered to one instead of counting as 2 ? but either way I won't apply somewhere GCSE heavy :smile:

But 6a*'s is a great result! Along with work experience, etc... :smile:
[QUOTE="Vashappeninkira;44014124"]
Maths A*
English A
P.E (BTEC) A*A*
Spanish B
History B
Human Health and Physiology B
IT (nationals) MM[/QUOTE

Aren't the b tecs not counted for medicine !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone on TSR emailed Birmingham, the university that is obsessed the most with GCSE A*s for Medicine,about OCR Nationals in ICT and they said that Distinctions were counted towards to the A* rate if they weren't in addition to GCSE ICT so BTECs are probably counted too.
Original post by Taci
But 6a*'s is a great result! Along with work experience, etc... :smile:

thankyou :smile: and yeah im getting there with work experience :biggrin: 3 months in a primary school, 8 months in a care home .. trying to get hospital places but need schools help :frown:
Reply 4168
It was the free online practise :lol:

Oh I see, not the real thing. So u did it for "fun"?
u got a good score! How did u know how to answer the questions then?
Original post by Ani97
Oh I see, not the real thing. So u did it for "fun"?
u got a good score! How did u know how to answer the questions then?

well more curiosity ... I had read around on TSR :lol: but nothing on abstract reasoning ... I hated that :s-smilie:
Reply 4170
Anyone else really feeling the pressure of results? I honestly feel like I should've revised more and since I haven't revised like every hour of my life, I'm gonna fail :s-smilie:
Reply 4171
well more curiosity ... I had read around on TSR :lol: but nothing on abstract reasoning ... I hated that :s-smilie:

so I'm guessing you're a wannabe medic eh? What universities are you thinking of applying to? I'm a wannabe medic too but I don't think I'm going to get in :s-smilie: I took one look at the UKCAT and it reminded me of the 11+ , which was horrible! Also my GCSE grades are mediocre
Original post by Ani97
so I'm guessing you're a wannabe medic eh? What universities are you thinking of applying to? I'm a wannabe medic too but I don't think I'm going to get in :s-smilie: I took one look at the UKCAT and it reminded me of the 11+ , which was horrible! Also my GCSE grades are mediocre

You'll just have to apply to your strengths and not pick somewhere GCSE heavy :smile:

and in order Leeds, Sheffield, HullYork, Manchester :smile:

there are a lot of books to help you with the UKCAT :smile: and stay positive :smile:
[QUOTE="Dalek1099;44015040"]
Original post by Vashappeninkira

Someone on TSR emailed Birmingham, the university that is obsessed the most with GCSE A*s for Medicine,about OCR Nationals in ICT and they said that Distinctions were counted towards to the A* rate if they weren't in addition to GCSE ICT so BTECs are probably counted too.

Really ??! Oh I didn't know that !!! So that means I should have done btecs too cause I would have easily got a*s !!

Awkward it's a bit late now !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4174
[QUOTE="Dalek1099;44015040"]
Original post by Vashappeninkira

Yep I saw that too, I'm counting mine as an equivalent! Why not?
Original post by Ferrari Lexus
urmm i think they went fairly alrite actually though i have no clue how the unit 7s went :s-smilie: OMG sameeeeeeeeeeeeeee looooooooooooool. tumblr all the waaay!

i've found someone else who is on tumblr my life is complete :biggrin:
Original post by Ani97
Anyone else really feeling the pressure of results? I honestly feel like I should've revised more and since I haven't revised like every hour of my life, I'm gonna fail :s-smilie:

It's okay almost everybody round here is in pretty much the same state.
Reply 4177
Anyone done IGCSE Further Maths? Who's hoping to get A^?
i got 82 (low A) ums in my first physics exam and 90 (low A*) in the second. i feel as if i did quite well in the third exam but my isa score was only 67. do you think i have done enough to get a B?
thanks
Original post by miikeey97
i got 82 (low A) ums in my first physics exam and 90 (low A*) in the second. i feel as if i did quite well in the third exam but my isa score was only 67. do you think i have done enough to get a B?
thanks

That's really scary, I got 82 and 90 in my first and second physics exams as well! Were you with AQA?

to answer your question, I think it will be enough for a B.

Latest