The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Wimberry Apartments 2013/14 - Ranmoor

Don't think I can see a Wimberry thread. So like others, I applied for Endcliffe (I think most people did) but ended up with Ranmoor. Not too bothered, it's close to the rest and it's what you make it.

I'm in flat F5. Anyone else out there? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nobody at all? :frown:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by bluemint
Nobody at all? :frown:

me! wimberry F3, was initially gutted not to be in endcliffe though, but feel better knowing pretty much everyones in the same boat hahah!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by OliviaTBH
me! wimberry F3, was initially gutted not to be in endcliffe though, but feel better knowing pretty much everyones in the same boat hahah!

Woohoo! What are you studying? Do you know how these numbers/letters work? I'm guessing you're going to be the flat below me?
Reply 4
Woohoo! What are you studying? Do you know how these numbers/letters work? I'm guessing you're going to be the flat below me?

yayy aha & Studying psychology, you? and i've been trying to work that out now for ages but i dont actually have a clue how they work, but yeh, i'd guess the numbers are the levels of the floors so i'd be below you (i think), im rather confused tbh looool
Reply 5
yayy aha & Studying psychology, you? and i've been trying to work that out now for ages but i dont actually have a clue how they work, but yeh, i'd guess the numbers are the levels of the floors so i'd be below you (i think), im rather confused tbh looool

Biomedical Sciences here. Do we have to pay the deposit before 27th August?
Reply 6
Ooo cool! And yeh, after you've accepted the contract you've gotta pay before the 27th which is the deadline or they give your room away :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Uhhh I haven't got £150 to pay with before August 27th lol
Reply 8
Yeah, think i'm Wimberry E3.
Reply 9
Original post by Riley F.
Yeah, think i'm Wimberry E3.

Woohoo, have you found any other people in Wimberry yet?
Reply 10
Woohoo, have you found any other people in Wimberry yet?

Nah, so far you guys are the only ones i've seen in Wimberry. I, like most people, applied for Endcliffe, so we'll just have to wait and see who else got grouped in these apartments. We need to make sure we make it live though; Ranmoor's 'quiet' reputation doesn't sit well with me really.
Reply 11
My sentiments exactly, I'm hoping that because everyone wanted to be in Endcliffe, we're all lively enough to bring the party to us, can't be dealing with a tame freshers week....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Yeah pretty much. Do you know how many people can fit in Wimberry or Ranmoor in general anyway?
Reply 13
I think it's about 1,000 people in ranmoor, and there's 7 blocks altogether, so around 140 in wimberry maybe? Seems like a lot though so I'm not sure haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Ah alright, doesn't sound too bad. I guess it'll be good so long as we all have the right attitude.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Yep! And I found out that the dorms are in pairs so it'll be E+F together so we'll probably all end up seeing eachother quite soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My sentiments exactly, I'm hoping that because everyone wanted to be in Endcliffe, we're all lively enough to bring the party to us, can't be dealing with a tame freshers week....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fresher's is anything you make it. The Ridge has a habit of being absolutely dead unless its moving in weekends/ the footie is on :/
Reply 17
Original post by .snowflake.
Fresher's is anything you make it. The Ridge has a habit of being absolutely dead unless its moving in weekends/ the footie is on :/

People in Ranmoor can go to the Edge, right?
People in Ranmoor can go to the Edge, right?

yup. Spent more time in the Edge than in the ridge, not going to lie. Tends to happen when 80% of your tutorial group live in Endcliffe, and you have no idea where Crewe happens to be.
I'm Flat G4.
I applied for Ranmoor so I'm happy with that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending