The Student Room Group

what can i do about my predicted grades

what can I do about my predicted grades.
I wanted to study medicine at the start of the as yr so I studied Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths but I've changed my mind to studying mathematics and statistics to latter go into actuary or an accountancy.
my As results were okay I guess ABBC (Maths,Biology,Chem&physics) I plan on dropping the B in Biology and keeping the C in Physics
most unis ask for AAA do u think this is feasible or should I lower my expectations???
Reply 1
Its definitely feasible, what universities are you applying to as some will lower the grades if you are willing to take STEP or similar exams as well and it is obvious you are good at maths?
Reply 2
I'm thinking about applying any 5 from Bristol, Birmingham, edingburgh,loughborough, kent, Exeter,surrey/st Andrews. would have loved to apply to warwick but I think i'll be pushing it a bit
Reply 3
Perhaps you could wait until you have received your predicted grades and then reassess the situation?
Reply 4
hmm probably i'm just worried that I might need futher maths
Empty your wallet in front of your teachers' face.

Lol jokes.. Serious though tell them that you'll work harder next year.
Reply 6
Original post by bluesmartpants
hmm probably i'm just worried that I might need futher maths

Further maths could definitely help as you get a greater grasp of the mathematical topics.
Reply 7
Original post by 123formyabc
Empty your wallet in front of your teachers' face.

loool might just do that, you think £3 can tempt them????:confused::biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Dingo749
Further maths could definitely help as you get a greater grasp of the mathematical topics.

I'm trying to convince my teachers of this have to go back to school to talk to my teachers again on Monday hopefully I get it:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest