The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

guys anyone here planning to study medicine?? if yeaa then when are you planning to sit for UKCAT OR BMAT? I am assuming that you're waiting for your IGCSE/ GCSE Results
Reply 4181
Original post by miikeey97
i got 82 (low A) ums in my first physics exam and 90 (low A*) in the second. i feel as if i did quite well in the third exam but my isa score was only 67. do you think i have done enough to get a B?
thanks

for you to get a B you would need to **** up really bad mate: you need 41 ums for a B, so i think you should be looking at a solid A as a realistic target tbh.
Original post by parasagarwal01
guys anyone here planning to study medicine?? if yeaa then when are you planning to sit for UKCAT OR BMAT? I am assuming that you're waiting for your IGCSE/ GCSE Results

I want to I was thinking around July !! What about you ??!
What unis are you applying to ?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by techno836
lets see IT nationals were in year 8... Year 9 was history and PE .. and year 10 was Maths English Spanish and human Health and Physiology

shame as if I did History in year 10 I could have got an A* easy ( I was like 2/3 UMS of an A or something) and my Spanish was close to an A too :frown:

This has given me confidence in my French result because I got an A in German in Year 9 and have completed French in Year 11 so if you are right I should have got an A*-I think I have got it but that AQA Listening was awful I'm desperate for Low 20s for an A* I did that bad.
Original post by ubisoft
Anyone done IGCSE Further Maths? Who's hoping to get A^?

I would be incredibly shocked if I didn't get an A^ because its usually around 144/175 and I went through both papers with my teacher( correcting his mistakes:colondollar:) and I only look to have made one tiny mistake but I could have remembered things wrong and will probably lose marks on the explanation questions but I still should have a secure A^.
Reply 4185
goood lucks guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I don't understand how the French gcse works? What is the total UMS? How much UMS is needed for each grade, how much is each CA writing/speaking worth, what mark is the listening/reading out of? I wasn't given a mark for my CAs, just the grades so I haven't got the slightest idea what I could get... I don't even remember how the exam went.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ubisoft
Anyone done IGCSE Further Maths? Who's hoping to get A^?

In all honesty I would be impressed if I got a B in that exam because all through the lessons I was like "what is this witchcraft" then when the exam came I just gave it my best shot :tongue:
Original post by Ashkun
i got 2 A* 9As 2Bs there not bad but i want to do medicine soo its not ideal

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're fine for most medicine courses.
Original post by Ashkun
i got 2 A* 9As 2Bs there not bad but i want to do medicine soo its not ideal

Posted from TSR Mobile

how do you know your results already ?
Reply 4190
im sorry i tried to reply to a previous post i made( new to tsr ) im in year 13 now so i did my gcses last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
I eventually figured it out but thanks anyway :smile:
Original post by techno836
haha I guess :lol:

and you go into forums drop box at the top and click what's best related to your thread and go through the sub categories until you get to the page with a list of threads and I believe its an option at the top of the list :smile:
The French Listening Paper was terrible..I was literally guessing :ss In the mocks I was getting B's but Im not so sure now :s Hopefully my writing would have pulled me up...
Original post by Ashkun
im sorry i tried to reply to a previous post i made( new to tsr ) im in year 13 now so i did my gcses last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh okay and lol don't worry it took my ages to figure out how to contribute to a thread when i first started :P
Original post by deborarosa
The French Listening Paper was terrible..I was literally guessing :ss In the mocks I was getting B's but Im not so sure now :s Hopefully my writing would have pulled me up...

What exam board did you have ?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
This next week had better go quickly. Although on the hand I'm genuinely frightened at how quick the summer has gone. It feels like it was only a few days ago that I finished my GCSE English exam all the way back on the 4th of June! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deborarosa

Same here, I think the worst questions were the ones asking what made the people embarrassed.
Good luck everyone! I'm bricking it for my results, my ex cheated on me in the middle of my exams , so I was distraught and couldn't concentrate in the last 5 or so (the fool I am) Very worried. Hope everyone gets what they wanted.
AQA :frown: the worst exam board ever
Original post by Vashappeninkira
What exam board did you have ?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You had AQA too? Lol I was writing pure rubbish...when I compared my answers with my French speaking friends I knew Id done crap..Its hard to revise for listening papers tbh, the topics are always so random
Original post by Huffleclaw2416
Same here, I think the worst questions were the ones asking what made the people embarrassed.

Latest