The Student Room Group

AS results of BBBC - Would it be silly to not drop the C?

The C subject would be the most relevant to my course, the more challenging but the one i enjoy the most. If i kept the C, i would drop one of the Bs, which i am fairly good at but don't enjoy. If i drop the C, i lose a relevant subject and suffer through a B i hate for another year, but it's a safer option.

Help please!
Reply 1
Am in same situation as you :smile: Resit the C subject in January and make sure you do well this time. If you encourage yourself and have passion for this subject believe me you can do it. Drop one subject which is least relevant to what you can do and work hard . GOOD LUCK!!!
Reply 2
No it wouldn't be silly! I got ABBD in AS and dropped a B subject retook one exam and the D became an A at AS - then went on to get a B overall at A2! Do the subjects you like and want to do! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by so123
Am in same situation as you :smile: Resit the C subject in January and make sure you do well this time. If you encourage yourself and have passion for this subject believe me you can do it. Drop one subject which is least relevant to what you can do and work hard . GOOD LUCK!!!

No January resits... lo siento

Original post by heykiwi
The C subject would be the most relevant to my course, the more challenging but the one i enjoy the most. If i kept the C, i would drop one of the Bs, which i am fairly good at but don't enjoy. If i drop the C, i lose a relevant subject and suffer through a B i hate for another year, but it's a safer option.

Help please!

Do what you enjoy! You're more likely to do better in subjects where you're willing to put in the extra time and effort to understand things, than in a subject you hate. May I ask which subjects these are?
Reply 4
Original post by so123

There are no January exams any more!
Reply 5
Original post by Stanners95
No January resits... lo siento

Do what you enjoy! You're more likely to do better in subjects where you're willing to put in the extra time and effort to understand things, than in a subject you hate. May I ask which subjects these are?

The one i like but with a C is Economics, the one i hate with a B is Geography :smile: (I should add that the module breakdown is C/D for Eco and A/D for geog)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by heykiwi
The one i like but with a C is Economics, the one i hate with a B is Geography :smile: (I should add that the module breakdown is C/D for Eco and A/D for geog)

Well there's nothing wrong with either subject, so the best advice I can give is to do what you enjoy. I'm sure once you retake your AS in the summer, it'll be much better than a C so I really wouldn't panic :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Stanners95
Well there's nothing wrong with either subject, so the best advice I can give is to do what you enjoy. I'm sure once you retake your AS in the summer, it'll be much better than a C so I really wouldn't panic :smile:

I dont really want to retake, economics A2 is my hardest subject so adding another one in is too risky
This is just like me last year! And the answer to your question is no, not at all. I got ABBC last year in my AS's, one of the B's was Chemistry, while the C was English Lit which was more relevant to Law, and the subject I preferred. I hated Chemistry and even though I probably would have pushed to reach an A in it, which was feasible, I dropped it and kept on English. Despite getting a D in the exam last year, and not improving it very much with a resit, I somehow got full marks this summer and now have an A* in English Which I definitely would not have got in chemistry! Anything can happen, keep studying what you enjoy and what is relevant, not always what you're better at'

Posted from TSR Mobile
At the end of my AS year, I had a C and a D in my two Spanish modules. My A2 year I retook the larger of the two modules and worked the hardest on that subject. Ended up achieving an A. If you have passion for a subject you'll be more compelled to work hard and prove your initial results unreflective of your capabilities.

Quick Reply

Latest