The Student Room Group

Healthcare Science then Graduate Entry Medicine?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by LtNoddy
Nope, just basic AS Bio from what other applicants have said! and use this pdf file to help with the interview!

What was your insurance? :s-smilie:
Reply 21
Original post by Varsh05
What was your insurance? :s-smilie:

All I had was my one firm for Med at SGUL, all other med rejected me and SGUL said my PS wasnt based enough on Paramedic Science to warrant me a place on their course. But I guess i got lucky with this! :biggrin:
Reply 22
Original post by LtNoddy
All I had was my one firm for Med at SGUL, all other med rejected me and SGUL said my PS wasnt based enough on Paramedic Science to warrant me a place on their course. But I guess i got lucky with this! :biggrin:

SGUL did the same thing to my friends applying to Medicine -_- They were rejected for Biomedical Science as it was their 5th choice.
I hope the interview goes well though :frown:
Reply 23
Original post by Varsh05
SGUL did the same thing to my friends applying to Medicine -_- They were rejected for Biomedical Science as it was their 5th choice.
I hope the interview goes well though :frown:

Oh damn! Well thank you and good luck to you too!!
I think I'll get off TSR now, super sleepy! Hopefully I'll be able to tell you I'm accepted soon!
Reply 24
Original post by LtNoddy
Oh damn! Well thank you and good luck to you too!!
I think I'll get off TSR now, super sleepy! Hopefully I'll be able to tell you I'm accepted soon!

Yeah they said they'll get back to you 2 hours after the interview :s-smilie:
Did you add the Healthcare Science in clearing?

My interview's on Monday at 9.30
I'm panicking already,do let me know how you get on,and the dress code etc :s-smilie:
Reply 25
Original post by Varsh05
Yeah they said they'll get back to you 2 hours after the interview :s-smilie:
Did you add the Healthcare Science in clearing?

My interview's on Monday at 9.30
I'm panicking already,do let me know how you get on,and the dress code etc :s-smilie:

It was really good, got accepted too :biggrin:
Dress code wasnt set, i went with Chinos, a shirt and a blazer! They got back to me in just under 2 hours, added to clearing and they accepted. Now have to fill in all the forms to go with this course, be ready for your Hep B vaccine :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by LtNoddy
It was really good, got accepted too :biggrin:
Dress code wasnt set, i went with Chinos, a shirt and a blazer! They got back to me in just under 2 hours, added to clearing and they accepted. Now have to fill in all the forms to go with this course, be ready for your Hep B vaccine :smile:

What kinda questions did they ask you? :colondollar:
Yeah I called them;they said they'll get back to me 2 hours after the interview :biggrin:
Did you need to know anything else apart from your PS?
Reply 27
Original post by Varsh05
What kinda questions did they ask you? :colondollar:
Yeah I called them;they said they'll get back to me 2 hours after the interview :biggrin:
Did you need to know anything else apart from your PS?

Know your PS! They wont expect you to know too much about the course, since its all so short notice! It was a nice informal chat for me :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by LtNoddy
Know your PS! They wont expect you to know too much about the course, since its all so short notice! It was a nice informal chat for me :smile:

Aah ok :smile:
thank you,did it last half an hour or less?
Reply 29
Original post by Varsh05
Aah ok :smile:
thank you,did it last half an hour or less?

Mine was 10/15 minutes, a lot shorter than I thought it would be.
Reply 30
Original post by LtNoddy
Mine was 10/15 minutes, a lot shorter than I thought it would be.

Oh ok :smile:
They called me this morning,saying that if I do go for the interview on Monday,it would be for deferred entry since all the places are full.
There's no point in me doing that,I can just do Biomed at Westminster then do grad med afterwards instead of wasting a year -_-
Reply 31
You can do ANY degree and get onto Graduate entry medicine.
Different universities have different criteria I've listed them all here:

http://graduatemedicineapplicant.wordpress.com/graduate-entry-medicine-the-inside-knowledge-of-applying/

Just enjoy your degree first of all! And then if you still want to do medicine look at getting long term work experience, use your summers wisely and enjoy it!
Reply 32
Original post by Varsh05
Oh ok :smile:
They called me this morning,saying that if I do go for the interview on Monday,it would be for deferred entry since all the places are full.
There's no point in me doing that,I can just do Biomed at Westminster then do grad med afterwards instead of wasting a year -_-

Damn that sucks!! :frown:
Well whatever you do, good luck and I hope you get into GEM and everything works out for you :smile:

Original post by lcsurfer

http://graduatemedicineapplicant.wordpress.com/graduate-entry-medicine-the-inside-knowledge-of-applying/

Just enjoy your degree first of all! And then if you still want to do medicine look at getting long term work experience, use your summers wisely and enjoy it!

Oooh thank you for that!!!
Reply 33
Original post by LtNoddy
Damn that sucks!! :frown:
Well whatever you do, good luck and I hope you get into GEM and everything works out for you :smile:

I was looking forward to joining SGUL,but I guess I'll do GEM there,hopefully :redface:
Good Luck to you too :wink:
We may meet in the future,you never know :biggrin:
Reply 34

Just looked at your About me section and saw that you're a GEM student at KCL? :colondollar:
Do you mind me asking what degree were you doing before? :smile:
Also,I just looked at the link you posted and it says that KCL is one of the unis that don't look at your A-Levels..how true was it for you? :h:
Reply 35
Original post by Varsh05
Just looked at your About me section and saw that you're a GEM student at KCL? :colondollar:
Do you mind me asking what degree were you doing before? :smile:
Also,I just looked at the link you posted and it says that KCL is one of the unis that don't look at your A-Levels..how true was it for you? :h:

I did my degree in disaster management at Coventry Uni. On the course there are ex politics, history, accounting students too. Lots of different backgrounds
My a2/as levels are BBde... They are much more interested in your experience and qualities over academics. They said by the end of the first year you can't tell who did what degree prior to starting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
I did my degree in disaster management at Coventry Uni. On the course there are ex politics, history, accounting students too. Lots of different backgrounds
My a2/as levels are BBde... They are much more interested in your experience and qualities over academics. They said by the end of the first year you can't tell who did what degree prior to starting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? :smile:
So I assume you got a 2.1 degree or 1st class?
Did you have a paid job in a caring role or just loads of experience? :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
hi I 2 intend on doing healthcare science and the graduate entry medicine. what uni r u going 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending