The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tehFrance
That is true, intensive language learning with full immersion helps you learn the language exceedingly quickly :biggrin: hell it's how I learnt English :tongue:

Really? Why? There has to be another course, a backup as without a backup that you enjoy, you may be disappointed.

Okay.

Yes anything is possible (I have a feeling I might have misread that as I'm tired as hell :lol:) but I honestly think that you may struggle.

I used to think Human Geography but mehhh
That's alrite. As long as I meet my own targets :wink:

:grin: Tootoo
Original post by thatitootoo
I used to think Human Geography but mehhh
That's alrite. As long as I meet my own targets :wink:

À mon avis HG est très nul... :tongue: alors... Ce n'est pas trop mal, mais je préférerais étudier PG si je devais (I had or is it je dois, or :dontknow:) choisir...!
Original post by Octopus_Garden
Du sprichst Englisch gut. You don't even say "I ain't done nuffink" when I ask you if you've done any work in the last six weeks.
:tongue:

Lool :wink: I do try xDD

And shouldn't that be "Du sprichst gut Englisch" or is this Dutch word order again??:wink:

Original post by L'Evil Fish
À mon avis HG est très nul... :tongue: alors... Ce n'est pas trop mal, mais je préférerais étudier PG si je devais (I had or is it je dois, or :dontknow:) choisir...!

Go away you rocky hazardous thing :wink:

Go away you rocky hazardous thing :wink:

:emo: das ist nicht gut... (:dontknow:)

Give me a few weeks and I'll construct some comprehendable but grammatically wrong German!
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
I can only speak for myself but I'd like to learn it so that I could one day visit Norway and talk to the locals. With that in mind, I want to learn many languages so it is more of passion for languages in general than specifically choosing Norwegian. Although I do love how the language sounds, as I do most other Scandinavian languages.

It's true Norwegian is not a widespread language but I think calling it useless is a little bold. Why do you think that?

Well, if you're planning on going to Norway I can see why! But every Norwegian over age 13 speak English well enough to have a normal conversation, so you don't actually have to learn our language :smile: And it's also really hard, most Norwegians have all kinds of mistakes because even they haven't learned the rules good enough.

So I wish you the best of luck, and if you only so it for yourself and not for any other purposes, I think it's cool!
Reply 6346
I didn't want you to waste your time replying, because I knew what it'd say... The whole you're 16 and don't know "nothing" (that was for Octo:lol:) and that I shouldn't be giving advice...

Also because I think you have it in for me anyway, so regardless of what I do I'll get it anyway :ninja:

Sounds like a particular total numpty who spoke to me in the shoutbox the other day has been telling tales like the idiotic child I took her to be, to be honest. I still can't get over what a complete prat she was. If this is the case, you were not specified or meant at all in the throwaway comment about 16 year olds in a certain thread (FYI not this one). Like... at all. I have no problem with 16 year olds...

Just because I have a problem with something you say in this thread or the way you appear to be coming across at any given point in time, doesn't mean I think anything badly of you as an all-round human being outside of that, or that I'm judging you/writing you off. Sorry if this comes off as patronising 'life lesson' crap from an 'older' person, but if someone has a bit of a clash with you, it doesn't necessarily reflect on their opinion of you overall, or dictate how they'll feel about you any other time, or in the future. You sound like you can't take criticism/conflict without feeling like it's actually a judgment of your inner self, which is pretty normal for a young adult (or even most older adults), but you just need to hold onto the idea that it's most likely not. And if the person dishing out the criticism thinks it is, then they're too close-minded/inexperienced to realise that you can't view people like that - as their behaviour at a specific moment in time.

Wow that got a bit too involved. Grammar exercises anyone?
:emo: das ist nicht gut... (:dontknow:)

Give me a few weeks and I'll construct some comprehendable but grammatically wrong German!

:woo: German resurfaced back on der Fisch list!!

Original post by Ronove
x

I'm gonna be totally honest... When someone criticises me or clashes or something, I do feel as if they hate me or something :colondollar: I can't help it though, hopefully it'll just stop!

Exercises...
Want to do some leqeuel, auquel, duquel and dont... The dont just threw me off!

:woo: German resurfaced back on der Fisch list!!

Yeah, brother in laws dad speaks some and that, he wants to learn with my sister so :dontknow: thought I'd join in:redface:
Reply 6349

Also because I think you have it in for me anyway, so regardless of what I do I'll get it anyway :ninja:

PS, I can treat you like an adult and equal, or you can continue making ****ing stupid comments like this. I am 'old' (lol) and have a life outside of TSR. I do not 'have it in' for a bloody 16 year old on an internet forum.
Original post by tehFrance
Well it would be easier to pull Norwegians (or Swedes should I go down that route) if you speak the lingo :wink: also it country is so beautiful that I may move there one day and having a decent grounding would be helpful :smile:

Not sure what you mean with "pull Norwegians", but if you mean flirt and hook up and such, an British accent will do so so much more than a bad Norwegian! :wink:

But if you're moving there, then of course it'd come in handy! But you really shouldn't. It's a boring and expensive country with cold people. And cold weather. Haha
Original post by Ronove

Wow that got a bit too involved. Grammar exercises anyone?

Would it be inappropriate to ask how old you are? I fear I'm the oldest here.

BACK IN MY DAY...WE USED GRAMMAR BOOKS MADE OF PAPYRUS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ronove
PS, I can treat you like an adult and equal, or you can continue making ****ing stupid comments like this. I am 'old' (lol) and have a life outside of TSR. I do not 'have it in' for a bloody 16 year old on an internet forum.

I'm not bloody :mad: you know what I mean, you addressed it in the other post anyway ^ about having clashes doesn't dictate a whole judgment on a person!
Reply 6353
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
Would it be inappropriate to ask how old you are? I fear I'm the oldest here.

BACK IN MY DAY...WE USED GRAMMAR BOOKS MADE OF PAPYRUS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm certainly not the oldest, Octopus *just* beats me in that particular... feat, even if it turns out you don't. I'm 25.
Reply 6354
I'm not bloody :mad: you know what I mean, you addressed it in the other post anyway ^ about having clashes doesn't dictate a whole judgment on a person!

You will be when I'm done with you. :colone:

Edit: :help: :mwuaha: :stickyman: Is it weird that I'm surprised there are no emoticons that specifically denote a stabbing?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by annaothilie
Well, if you're planning on going to Norway I can see why! But every Norwegian over age 13 speak English well enough to have a normal conversation, so you don't actually have to learn our language :smile: And it's also really hard, most Norwegians have all kinds of mistakes because even they haven't learned the rules good enough.

So I wish you the best of luck, and if you only so it for yourself and not for any other purposes, I think it's cool!

Thank you :h: Perhaps in the future we can converse in Norwegian, eh? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ronove
You will be when I'm done with you. :colone:

Oh no :emo: tu as utilisé le :colone:

J'ai a question... How do you dye your hair? The bloody stuff stinks!
Reply 6357
Oh no :emo: tu as utilisé le :colone:

J'ai a question... How do you dye your hair? The bloody stuff stinks!

I've only used the home dye twice now (in recent years at least), I used L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss this last time and perhaps a Clairol or Garnier Nutrisse last time (can't remember, I threw the box out). I didn't really find that they smelled bad - in fact at least one of them mostly just smelled like an odd shampoo or something.
I'm gonna be totally honest... When someone criticises me or clashes or something, I do feel as if they hate me or something :colondollar: I can't help it though, hopefully it'll just stop!

Exercises...
Want to do some leqeuel, auquel, duquel and dont... The dont just threw me off!

Yeah, brother in laws dad speaks some and that, he wants to learn with my sister so :dontknow: thought I'd join in:redface:

Wauw quite a close knit extended family! I only share one common language with most of my relatives...

Es scheint mir, dass wenn man zusammen eine Sprache statt allein lernt, dass man auch viel mehr Spass hat während man die Sprache lernt! (This is probably an incoherrent mess) :frown:

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by annaothilie
Not sure what you mean with "pull Norwegians", but if you mean flirt and hook up and such, an British accent will do so so much more than a bad Norwegian! :wink:

But if you're moving there, then of course it'd come in handy! But you really shouldn't. It's a boring and expensive country with cold people. And cold weather. Haha

HAHA rather unfortunate that I don't have a British accent, I can put on a posh one but that's hard work :tongue: I read some basic phrases earlier, it seems to me, to be a beautiful language, one I could grasp with ease although rather unfortunately, there aren't many learning materials and the one I found for immigrants to Norway doesn't help much due to lack of English :lol: I rather unfortunately may have to go with Swedish :frown:

Norway isn't that expensive in the grand scheme of things, drinks are roughly 120kr? That's not too bad, £3 more than I'd spend in a top Russian bar. I spend a lot on a night out so prices don't bother me, I'm too drunk to care :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending