The Student Room Group

80 Year old Sikh man attacked by teenage girl

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/video-sikh-pensioner-punched-spat-2176686

What has happened to England? And nobody actually got involved?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This country is going down the drain..and fast :frown:

Maybe if 1 person had stepped in others may have helped, Britain used to be known for its courage, now we just behave like sheep :afraid:
Reply 2
Sadly we live in a country which has a small but noisy minority of racially-minded far-right thugs.

Even more sadly, this minority succeeds in preying on otherwise-levelheaded people's insecurities re: employment and national security, spreading ignorance, prejudice and hatred because of their own irrational beliefs.

Of course, here I'm assuming that the attack was racially motivated. I could be wrong.

And it's very common for most people to shut down when it comes to this sort of event, preferring to bury their heads in the sand and not get involved. We saw that phenomenon during the attack in Woolwich earlier this year and at countless other times.

It's a crazy ol' world.
Reply 3
Im waiting for people to say "ahhh but she's a women he can't hit her"

He should of taken off his shoe and pelted it at her face.
Reply 4
The girl needs our sympathy, tolerance and understanding.
Let's pray for her and for her forgiveness.
Reply 5
Attacks like this happen every day remember those Muslim school kids who attacked and killed that granny not long ago?
:wtf:

Who does that? The girl had a gang...

Stupid cow needs her hair ragged :mad:
Reply 7
Perhaps there is more to that conflict than we have seen. The video is in no way definitive.
Original post by Wattsy
Please don't hammer me, this attack is abhorrent regardless of what occurred previous to it but one must assume that unless the attack was borne out of blind racism that something happened before. The girl says 'don't touch my tit' or something along those lines in the video. While she is rightly being vilified for attacking an 80 year old man and spitting on him, which I might add is a deplorable thing to do to anyone, regardless of the situation, there are events which happen previous to the filming which don't allow us to build a full picture thus there may be a situation where this old man deserves less sympathy than you think. I reiterate, this shouldn't change your stance on the woman, the attack is so very out of order she deserves all of the public outcry directed at her.

She had a gang with her, I doubt he would have made any advances on her? Just a thought.
We live in a world full of idiots, that's the harsh reality.
Reply 10
Original post by Jareth
Attacks like this happen every day remember those Muslim school kids who attacked and killed that granny not long ago?

I love how Muslim and Islam always pops in conversations. You could have just said those school kids uno
I'm just glad that this story received this level of coverage; it happened in the city where I was brought up and its sad to see how cultures are clashing which is symptomatic of a city which is highly multicultural.
Original post by felixb
Sadly we live in a country which has a small but noisy minority of racially-minded far-right thugs.Even more sadly, this minority succeeds in preying on otherwise-levelheaded people's insecurities re: employment and national security, spreading ignorance, prejudice and hatred because of their own irrational beliefs. Of course, here I'm assuming that the attack was racially motivated. I could be wrong.And it's very common for most people to shut down when it comes to this sort of event, preferring to bury their heads in the sand and not get involved. We saw that phenomenon during the attack in Woolwich earlier this year and at countless other times.It's a crazy ol' world.
Its not really fair to hijack this incident to spout your views national security and employment as being superior by presenting a straw man argument connected to this incident.
:mad: wow, I really despair sometimes.

Her name's been revealed apparently
Why is the world so like this?
Reply 15
He's in good condition for 80
Reply 16
Original post by L'Evil Fish
She had a gang with her, I doubt he would have made any advances on her? Just a thought.

That is a good point, I forgot about that, I watched the earlier today
(edited 10 years ago)
Disgusting man, hope they find her.
Wow, this is terrible, as if the hoodrat was like 'U 'ITTIN A BIRD M8, WOTS RONG WI' U?!'. The guy was eighty for christs sake >.> I'll only be a few miles from here next month... yaaay :colonhash:
(edited 10 years ago)
Disgusting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending