The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
So I just received my matriculation form and in the permanent home address, my agents address is written. Should I scratch it off and write my own now that her work is done?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by Bawa15
So I just received my matriculation form and in the permanent home address, my agents address is written. Should I scratch it off and write my own now that her work is done?

Yes. There should be guidance notes included - check them if you're unsure.
Reply 522
Congrats to all!
Firmed for Computer Science Bsc. See you all at fresher's!
Firmed for architecture- so excited!
Has anybody heard any info on accommodation? I've applied for catered halls :P
Reply 524
Congrats to everyone who got in!

I'll see you all in 3 weeks :biggrin:
Wohoo! Got in for German and History! However I have one question; my course starts on the 13th September - does this mean freshers starts then, or the week before? :P
Original post by mad-marek
Wohoo! Got in for German and History! However I have one question; my course starts on the 13th September - does this mean freshers starts then, or the week before? :P
It starts before, with activities beginning on the 7th - I *think*.
Yeah it starts beforehand, from the 7th september.
I was thinking maybe to get settled in on Saturday and then start the activities on Sunday? What's everyone else doing?
Also I am kinda scared thinking of all the stuff I'm meant to do, not to mention my ed email isn't working so I can't access my matriculation...
Reply 528
Hey, I can't access my ed email either. Anyone know what's up?
Original post by neoncat
Hey, I can't access my ed email either. Anyone know what's up?

Yeah not sure, might be too many people trying to get it at once? Was working yesterday so I'm just gonna wait for an hour.
By the way what subject you doing and where you staying accommodation wise? I'm desperate to make friends lol
Reply 530
Original post by jazzynutter
Hi, I saw you've been online today so I thought I'd direct this question at you :tongue:

I'm a Y12 student looking to apply for Mathematical Physics at Edinburgh - however, it was the only open day that I was unable to attend! All of my other open days have been really informative and have really helped me to decide whether the uni is a yay or a nay.... and I need to submit my UCAS application by the second week of September for my college's internal deadline, so I need to make this decision ASAP :eek:

Okay, I'm going to fire away: What is your impression of the physics department and the physics community at Edinburgh in general? Did you also see any of the maths department? How flexible does the course look in terms of optional vs compulsory modules? What is the course like if I wish to take a language module, and are there study abroad options that would work with this course (assuming that TP is similar to MP in structure, you may be able to answer this one)? Overall, how was the "vibe" of the university?

Sorry if this is a little wordy..... I just need to treat this decision seriously as I haven't been to see the uni :redface:

I'm not attending Edinburgh but I'm hoping to go there for physics next year. I can't answer most of your questions but as far as I know all physics courses allow a year abroad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ClaireRenzo
Firmed for architecture- so excited!
Has anybody heard any info on accommodation? I've applied for catered halls :P

Architecture :smile: on the same boat :biggrin: I guess I'll see you in class :P
UF today!! Too excited... and terrified. Beaverbank anyone?
Original post by Shahrukh9000
Yeah not sure, might be too many people trying to get it at once? Was working yesterday so I'm just gonna wait for an hour.
By the way what subject you doing and where you staying accommodation wise? I'm desperate to make friends lol

I tried also to log in, I think its down for a while! :s-smilie:
The email system is down for everyone and not just new students, so don't worry :smile:.
Did far too much celebrating last night. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Welp, managed not to have a stress heart attack before results day, I'll be joining you all in Edinburgh to study history, come September 7th!
Reply 536
Original post by Cave_Canem
Welp, managed not to have a stress heart attack before results day, I'll be joining you all in Edinburgh to study history, come September 7th!

Woo! Hello fellow Historian! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarzed
Woo! Hello fellow Historian! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello Historians!
Reply 538
So the matriculation form comes to the university email inbox (which is currently down for everybody?)

Just checking, don't want to turn up and encounter some awkward situation :colondollar:
Hey guys, any astrophysicists here? :biggrin: