The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2013 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by crazyangelg
Could you answer one more question please?

For the SU jobs, are you only expected to work during term time or during xmas and easter too? Also what are they like about taking holiday is is paid or unpaid?

thank you in advance

You are only expected to work during the term time. However, shifts are available for your to take during the holidays if you so wish to take them :smile: . And you don't so much take holiday as just not turning up to your shifts :smile: . The SU's like a family, if you need to take a week off your shifts, no-one will bat an eyelid :h:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 61
Can't wait to join some societies once I get to Warwick, especially the think tank society :biggrin:
Reply 62
Hmm I really want to join a sport, but there isn't any that I excel at and I'm not very physically fit....hope sports socs don't expect too much from you >.< Other than that I'll definitely be joining the anime society and giving the Go society a go! (pun not intended)
Reply 63
Original post by Naami
Hmm I really want to join a sport, but there isn't any that I excel at and I'm not very physically fit....hope sports socs don't expect too much from you >.< Other than that I'll definitely be joining the anime society and giving the Go society a go! (pun not intended)

The Go society is a very sweet society (I know the guy that runs it and have been to a few myself), so good choice :ahee: . As for anime, you'll be pleased to know that Warwick hosts AyaCon every other year (currently on right now and I'm working it! :colone: ) . However, their unsure about whether their going to renew their contract unfortunately :sadnod: . Don't know much about the society though!

As for sports, they're very accommodating :smile: . They'll have practices dedicated to your skill level, so you don't have to worry there :h:
Reply 64
Original post by Nirgilis
The Go society is a very sweet society (I know the guy that runs it and have been to a few myself), so good choice :ahee: . As for anime, you'll be pleased to know that Warwick hosts AyaCon every other year (currently on right now and I'm working it! :colone: ) . However, their unsure about whether their going to renew their contract unfortunately :sadnod: . Don't know much about the society though!

As for sports, they're very accommodating :smile: . They'll have practices dedicated to your skill level, so you don't have to worry there :h:

I really wanted to go AyaCon this year! Unfortunately had budget constraints so :frown: It looks amazing, but I thought this year is definitely the last?

I've been wanting to try out go for ages but there's no club in my area so this is the perfect opportunity for me to learn :smile: I haven't seen any other uni have a Go society either :O Good to know about sports though - currently looking at basketball and fencing :biggrin:
Reply 65
OH MY GOD I AM SO CONFUSED....

Proper panicking now, when do I enrol? And I don't know my 7 digit number that you need to be able to upload a photo!?!
Reply 66
Hello!

I'm just about to start Politics and Sociology, and I'm a little concerned about what work needs to be done prior to starting the course. PAIS sent an optional reading list (though Sociology haven't yet) and I've done both Politics and Sociology A Levels (though the politics A level should really be called Political Processes for all the actual theory done.)

Is there any prep work any of you lot have done/recommend? Also, would I be cheesy in baking desserts for the moving day for those in my hall? Don't want to be seen as trying to buy over my new hall mates but I do like baking.
Original post by curlyboff
Hello!

I'm just about to start Politics and Sociology, and I'm a little concerned about what work needs to be done prior to starting the course. PAIS sent an optional reading list (though Sociology haven't yet) and I've done both Politics and Sociology A Levels (though the politics A level should really be called Political Processes for all the actual theory done.)

Is there any prep work any of you lot have done/recommend? Also, would I be cheesy in baking desserts for the moving day for those in my hall? Don't want to be seen as trying to buy over my new hall mates but I do like baking.

Cheesecake??...just hope I end up in the same hall as you now, LOL.
I have a question about the local pharmacies. Are the nearby pharmacies on an electronic system where I can transfer over any repeat prescriptions to them without needing them to send a letter to my current doctors surgery?
Reply 69
Original post by Zeegie
OH MY GOD I AM SO CONFUSED....

Proper panicking now, when do I enrol? And I don't know my 7 digit number that you need to be able to upload a photo!?!

I think online enrolment opens at around 3 weeks before course begins.

7 digit number should be in your email, just search for emails from Warwick and I got mine from acknowledgement email.
Reply 70
Original post by Rtcw
I think online enrolment opens at around 3 weeks before course begins.

7 digit number should be in your email, just search for emails from Warwick and I got mine from acknowledgement email.

THANKYOU!!!! yes I found it in the acknow. email :smile: there is so much to sort out waaaaaa
Original post by Nirgilis
You are only expected to work during the term time. However, shifts are available for your to take during the holidays if you so wish to take them :smile: . And you don't so much take holiday as just not turning up to your shifts :smile: . The SU's like a family, if you need to take a week off your shifts, no-one will bat an eyelid :h:

Thank you so much :smile: Would you say the jobs are relatively easy to get?
Reply 72
Has anyone received a welcome pack yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Original post by hyte234

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope, have you?
Original post by hyte234

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Zeegie
nope, have you?

I haven't received a single thing from warwick :frown:
Reply 75
Original post by NiceToMeetYou
I haven't received a single thing from warwick :frown:

me neither, dw, they'll send us something. And they'll email us when the enrolment starts online. But I think people can start uploading a photo up for their student card. There seems to be so much to do and prepare for now, making me a little nervous but excited all the same :smile:
About the Arrivals Weekend, when do most freshers leave their parents? For instance, is it common for families to attend the 'Vice-Chancellor's welcome address for families' at 2pm. I'm just thinking 2pm is a bit late in the day. I wouldn't want to miss out on meeting everyone that's all :cool:
Original post by Zeegie
me neither, dw, they'll send us something. And they'll email us when the enrolment starts online. But I think people can start uploading a photo up for their student card. There seems to be so much to do and prepare for now, making me a little nervous but excited all the same :smile:

Too much to do! haha
What are you studying?
Reply 78
Original post by NiceToMeetYou
Too much to do! haha
What are you studying?

Well there's so much going on and then student finance still haven't got back to me and I've got this mahoosive list of things to sort out...oh my word...

I'll be doing Chemistry :smile: you?
Reply 79
Original post by hello calum
About the Arrivals Weekend, when do most freshers leave their parents? For instance, is it common for families to attend the 'Vice-Chancellor's welcome address for families' at 2pm. I'm just thinking 2pm is a bit late in the day. I wouldn't want to miss out on meeting everyone that's all :cool:

We'll have the rest of the day and weekend won't we? I didn't even know parents were coming on that weekend :O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending