The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2013 Summer Pool Thread

Scroll to see replies

I know someone thats just drowned in the pool - waiting on emergency remark. :frown:
Original post by Grauniad
Yeah, sadly enough suspicions were confirmed. Went on UCAS and it's unsuccessful from Cambridge :/

Still, look up and move on...

Same here. On the plus side, our courses will be a lot more relaxing! :tongue:
Rejection has come through on UCAS.

Looks like I still have a lot to learn and a lot more to improve upon.
Original post by Llewellyn

The admissions staff deserve to get shot
Reply 164

:eek::eek::eek:

Well and truly gobsmacked, that's a great injustice. However, I know that you'll do incredibly well in whatever you end up doing.

Durham is a great place and the people at my workplace who went there loved it there.

PM if you want to discuss options in more detail
Reply 165

I too add my thoughts to you, sorry mate, you deserved that place. Saying that Durham is awesome and I'm sure you'll love it. Sorry we won't be meeting though.....

:frown:

Really sorry to hear that :hugs: What options are you looking at now? :hugs:
Got my rejection. Feel surprisingly peaceful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 168
Thanks for having the decency to pick up the phone and politely reject me Trinity. UCAS is not a nice way to find out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Justsaying.
Got my rejection. Feel surprisingly peaceful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know what you mean. Now I'm not waiting on tenterhooks I can actually relax, and be proud of what I've achieved.

Llewellyn... :frown: I'm so sorry to hear that mate, that is a huge injustice. :console: That is actually ridiculous.

It's Cambridge's loss dude, you are incredible. Have fun at Durham next year, you'll absolutely smash your degree! :biggrin:
Reply 171
Original post by T.Aria
Yep. I am. Chemical engineering via natural sciences. You?

Architecture.
Still havent heard. Do you know how long it will take? :frown:
Reply 172
actually no just went on ucas.
got rejected.
Reply 173
Original post by batwingz
actually no just went on ucas.
got rejected.

Sorry to hear that; Architecture is tough in the pool because of limited studio space apparently :frown:
Is there anyone in this thread still waiting for a decision?
Reply 175
Original post by shamika
Sorry to hear that; Architecture is tough in the pool because of limited studio space apparently :frown:

Yea thanks, thats a good reason. Just in a rly rough situation now.
Out of my friends there were five missed offers, only one of them was given an offer (missed off by 1 UMS after getting A*A*A*A when literally everyone else on the course had an A*AA offer). The other four are waiting on remarks, so fingers crossed.

They all deserved their places so much - they were all such hard workers. I'm praying the remarks come back improved so they get their places back. So gutted for them, and for all of you that drowned in the pool. Having gone through the process until January, I can't imagine how it must feel to have it strung out even further - it's literally is a slow form of torture.

Those that still waiting for remarks there is still hope, so just stay calm and make sure you have things to do between now and September. I had a friend last year that missed her offer and was rejected, but her remark came back and it met her offer so she was accepted. The only thing that made me angry was that, because of the incompetence of her exam board, she was allocated another college when her original offer was from the college she picked in October; the college she had carefully selected it because she'd fallen in love with it.

You've done everything you can do, you worked as hard as you could and if Cambridge can't appreciate that then they don't deserve you anyway. Still hoping and praying for all of you. :console:
Reply 177
Original post by hogwartian1993
Out of my friends there were five missed offers, only one of them was given an offer (missed off by 1 UMS after getting A*A*A*A when literally everyone else on the course had an A*AA offer). The other four are waiting on remarks, so fingers crossed.

They all deserved their places so much - they were all such hard workers. I'm praying the remarks come back improved so they get their places back. So gutted for them, and for all of you that drowned in the pool. Having gone through the process until January, I can't imagine how it must feel to have it strung out even further - it's literally is a slow form of torture.

Those that still waiting for remarks there is still hope, so just stay calm and make sure you have things to do between now and September. I had a friend last year that missed her offer and was rejected, but her remark came back and it met her offer so she was accepted. The only thing that made me angry was that, because of the incompetence of her exam board, she was allocated another college when her original offer was from the college she picked in October; the college she had carefully selected it because she'd fallen in love with it.

You've done everything you can do, you worked as hard as you could and if Cambridge can't appreciate that then they don't deserve you anyway. Still hoping and praying for all of you. :console:

Couldn't have said it better myself! Hear, hear. Thinking of you all.
Reply 178
Are people still in the pool?

I was in the winter pool (before being rejected), that went on for quite a while.
Original post by hogwartian1993

I agree totally with what you said there. And 5 missed offers! That's terrible! My brother missed his offer too as the school controlled assessments were moderated down. Instead of celebrating he spent the day franticly phoning up and emailing unis in clearing. It was so unexpected. Gutted doesn't even describe how he and my parents are feeling. I think missing an offer is so, so disappointing as you've worked ever so hard to get it. All the admissions tests and interviews, getting the perfect personal statement... As well that fact that you had your heart set there, and may have already sorted out the accommodation. We even based the living maintenance loan on Cambridge's accommodation. The majority of people also expect to get the grades, so missing the offer has come as a huge shock. Anyone in the same position you should be very proud of how far you got, and come out of this with your head held high. You are going to do extremely well wherever you go. Those of you waiting for remarks (also my brother) my prayers go out to you. xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending