The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary University - Law Students

Hey everyone,
I am new to this and just got a place to study Law at Queen Mary so I thought I might just say hello to all Law students before I go there. So is everyone excited about it?:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by LorenaMilena
Hey everyone,
I am new to this and just got a place to study Law at Queen Mary so I thought I might just say hello to all Law students before I go there. So is everyone excited about it?:smile:

Did you just apply on adjustment/clearing, I just did and got a place for Law too! Really excited to be going to London and QM!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Hey, I got accepted yesterday too, I'm so exited about starting. I didn't realize law was going into clearing at Queen Mary?
Reply 3
hey all!
i'm another one in for law LLB :smile:
will you guys be staying in halls?
I'm a fresher in Law. Made QM my firm choice and got in with the conditional offer. Now I'm going to stay at Pooley House.
Reply 5
Heey! I got in through adjustment for law today :smile: But I didn't get any accommodation which sucks cause I really want to live in halls and experience the whole first year living by yourself thing :frown: Is anyone else in the same position as me? Text me on 07757460289 if you have any idea about private accommodations or rooms free pleeeeeeeeeeeaase. Thanks!
Just thought I'd say congratulations to all, you'll love the course :biggrin:

If you've any questions about Law at QM, feel free to ask. I've just graduated from QM last month.
Original post by aashma93
Heey! I got in through adjustment for law today :smile: But I didn't get any accommodation which sucks cause I really want to live in halls and experience the whole first year living by yourself thing :frown: Is anyone else in the same position as me? Text me on 07757460289 if you have any idea about private accommodations or rooms free pleeeeeeeeeeeaase. Thanks!

Arr you sure that allocations are over?? I got my room at campus on the 15th of August.
Reply 8
I didn't apply through Clearing or Adjustment. I got in because it was my firm choice .. And I am so excited too. I can't wait to start and see how it goes.
Reply 9
Original post by henrysaunders1
Hey, I got accepted yesterday too, I'm so exited about starting. I didn't realize law was going into clearing at Queen Mary?

Hey, I didn't know that either. I thought that if I don't get in than that's it.
Reply 10
Original post by Tasya
hey all!
i'm another one in for law LLB :smile:
will you guys be staying in halls?

I will be staying at home because I live close to the uni. What about you?
Reply 11
Original post by supernovanessa
I'm a fresher in Law. Made QM my firm choice and got in with the conditional offer. Now I'm going to stay at Pooley House.

I wished I could stay there too , but I live too close to uni to actually get an accomodation on campus :frown:
I wished I could stay there too , but I live too close to uni to actually get an accomodation on campus :frown:

You can still hang out with us if you want! Minus the ****ing £540 rent. You luckyZ

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
It's probably because you live far from uni? I live too close to get accommodation which has just completely put me off from going Queen Mary :frown: I can't seem to find any good private places either .. This sucks but hey! Lucky youuuu haha
Reply 14
I will be staying at home because I live close to the uni. What about you?

I will be staying in halls luckily,in Beaumont court. I have no other option anyway..
But it sounds like it's hard to find private accommodation in that area which worries me a bit since those of us in halls this year will have to go for alternative accommodation in the second and third years :s-smilie:
what grades did you guys get in with, A*AA?
Original post by Cameronallardice

i'm an international. they wanted me to pass with at least 90% at my finals.
Reply 17
Original post by Cameronallardice

I'm an EU student and considering that when I was applying I already had one A and was in the midst of doing another 3 A levels, they asked me for an A*A (one of which had to be English Literature) and 90% on my school results. I got AAB (English Lit was one of the A's thankfully) and 95% for my school results, so technically everything but the '*' bit.
I hope that wasn't too confusing..
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by supernovanessa
You can still hang out with us if you want! Minus the ****ing £540 rent. You luckyZ

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes , sure. I gues if I look at it that way than I am lucky. Anyway , I hope you enjoy the new experience and make the most of it.
Reply 19
Original post by Tasya
I will be staying in halls luckily,in Beaumont court. I have no other option anyway..
But it sounds like it's hard to find private accommodation in that area which worries me a bit since those of us in halls this year will have to go for alternative accommodation in the second and third years :s-smilie:

Just enjoy the first year and than you can worry about the second. As you get to know the area better , you will find it easier to find private accomodation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending