The Student Room Group

What should I do?

I didn't do very well with my AS' (DDE :/). I'm considering carrying on with one subject to A2 (psychology), and then dropping the other two, and taking up AS English Language, and BTEC Law. Does this seem like a good idea? At the minute, it seems like one of my best bets to get into uni :/! X
Reply 1
I don't think
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Hanifab
I got DDE and i want to go uni, it feels hopeless! i do classical civilisation, english literature, government and politics... i don't know what to do now that there are no longer january exams... so i think i'll be retaking year 12.

I've got a feeling I'll be doing the same thing :/
Original post by Rianne!
I didn't do very well with my AS' (DDE :/). I'm considering carrying on with one subject to A2 (psychology), and then dropping the other two, and taking up AS English Language, and BTEC Law. Does this seem like a good idea? At the minute, it seems like one of my best bets to get into uni :/! X

It depends on what universities you're looking to apply to (means I need more information:biggrin:)
You could re-sit Year 12, or, as you've looked at doing, talking up different AS Levels.

Have a look on UCAS, I've heard that some universities will allow 2 AS Levels in the place of one A Level, so if you kept two subjects to continue with at A2 and then took up two completely new AS subjects, you'd still be able to go to university in 2014.
Uni doesn't respect English Language much as far as I'm aware (just got A in As) so its probably not worth it.
Reply 6
Just drop one subject and do an access course.
Reply 7
Original post by Tom_green_day
Uni doesn't respect English Language much as far as I'm aware (just got A in As) so its probably not worth it.

Doesn't respect? You make it sound like its in the band of general studies. Its a good subject, not the best but definitely not the worst.

Quick Reply

Latest