The Student Room Group

btec or A2?

Hi, one of my friends got her AS-level results and she got EEEU and she is wondering whether she should carry on with A2 or do btec applied science level 3? and she wants to study pharmacy at uni. thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Parmis021
Hi, one of my friends got her AS-level results and she got EEEU and she is wondering whether she should carry on with A2 or do btec applied science level 3? and she wants to study pharmacy at uni. thanks

She should retake the year and do A2 next year to get into a good university for Pharmacy. If she applies to uni this year with EEEU, they might not take her. It depends on her though, if she feels that she will do better in BTEC and find a good uni with her BTEC grades then she should go for it.
Reply 2
but its her second year doing AS level, and she cant do btec because she doesn't feel comfortable with it:s-smilie:
Reply 3
but its her second year doing AS level, and she cant do btec because she doesn't feel comfortable with it:s-smilie:

If she doesn't feel comfortable with btecs then the only thing for it is to retake again, how did she manage to fail her second year of AS? Or she could go ahead with A2, work really hard, and take a gap year to retake.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I don't know what happened to her but she wants to get CCB or CCC at A-level and go for foundation year, is it possible?
Reply 5
I don't know what happened to her but she wants to get CCB or CCC at A-level and go for foundation year, is it possible?

Waste of money I reckon
Especially as she will lack ucas points for internships / work placements

She obviously can't cope with a levels if she retook it and still couldn't get good grades for pharmacy. Take a btec and better your long term future

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
do you pay to go to foundation year?
Reply 7

Duh lol, they're not that kind

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8

Yes and living costs. (Which can be around £4000-£5000, even more for London)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
ok but how is btec science then? is it hard?

She should do a btec as A-levels aren't for her for and whatever reason she did bad ie didnt put the work in again or just cant do a-levels

Why doesn't she feel comfortable doing a btec? they are quite nice to do and it is very possible to get DDD from what I have been told from friends that do them (I do A-levels and had to repeat my AS year last year and got results the other day and if I had done awful a second time round then it would have told me that A-levels just aren't for me)
ok but how is btec science then? is it hard?

It is difficult to get the top grades but you just have to put the work in and of pays off. btec's are 100% coursework based and this can make it slightly easier to get the top grades and is also good for people that are not so good at exams ie your friend
Reply 12
yeah ur right and she is asking me what the coursework is about?
Think a levels may not be for you.
Original post by ElChapo
Duh lol, they're not that kind

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you do the foundation at a college under 19 then it's free, not sure if all colleges offer thay though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest