The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Basket case
Guys ^.*
How are you going to open your envelope?:3 is it going to be a rip or slowly opening it?:smile:
Also are you going to your school before doors actually open in the hopes they'll leave us in earlier?
Also are you opening your results at home or school?:/ I really don't know where to:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

- Slowly opening it.
- Actually have lessons (IB life) on that day until 1 PM, and then we get our results so we're free to go home after that.
- At home.
Reply 4261
Original post by theJdog
My school receives it 2 days before apparently, and the teachers (when they put it in the envelopes) take a look at it the day before - though this is for the end of year 10 and the results were posted home, so I don't know whether it applies for yr 11 or not :s-smilie:. But I do know that teachers see the results 1 day before, and I was told that it is on a computer and they print them and put them in the brown envelopes and stuff.

The school receiving it two days before could apply to yr 11 results too I guess. Just teachers see it the day before?
Reply 4262
Original post by Galin
The school receiving it two days before could apply to yr 11 results too I guess. Just teachers see it the day before?

The teacher's I've spoken to say that the school gets it 2 days before, head of department gets to see them the day before, and a spreadsheet of the results gets emailed to subject teachers about 6am on results day itself.

That's just one school though.
Original post by Galin

Yup. That's for definite. I remember that my teacher the day before my results for a unit in march was saying 'I can't tell you much, but I know ou will be pleased.' And pleased I was :smile:
Original post by theJdog
Yup. That's for definite. I remember that my teacher the day before my results for a unit in march was saying 'I can't tell you much, but I know ou will be pleased.' And pleased I was :smile:

Haha that's the complete opposite to my teacher, she told my brother my chemistry grade before I even found out !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4265
:groovy: I remember when my school gave results a day earlier than they should have.
Original post by zed963
:groovy: I remember when my school gave results a day earlier than they should have.

wish mine would do that :lol:
Reply 4267
Original post by techno836
wish mine would do that :lol:

Lol, they did it by mistake.
Original post by zed963
Lol, they did it by mistake.

Still I need to know them now :L
Reply 4269
Still I need to know them now :L

Hacking a few websites would be perfect :tongue:
I actually don't care about my results now... Obviously if I'm not happy on the day I'll be angry... But I genuinely couldn't give a crap anymore:frown:
Reply 4271
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I actually don't care about my results now... Obviously if I'm not happy on the day I'll be angry... But I genuinely couldn't give a crap anymore:frown:

Are you still angry over your Maths result?
Original post by Galin

The Exams Officer at your school is typically the only person who sees everyone's results the day before. Your school receives the results the day before so they can be checked and put in an envelope. You'd actually be surprised at the amount of teachers who don't check the grades until after you get them. My dad is a maths teacher and almost every year he doesn't know what his students got until they tell him, even though he does have access about 2 hours later to all the student's results. Ultimately, it is you who should see your results first.
Original post by zed963
Hacking a few websites would be perfect :tongue:

yeah :biggrin: just hack into aqa :colone:
If I don't get an A* in Physics my life will be over. :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by zed963
Are you still angry over your Maths result?

Not angry, just defeated :tongue:
Original post by Darnell LD97
If I don't get an A* in Physics my life will be over.

for me to get an A* in physics I need 100UMS in the ISA and unit 3 :lol: ..but I got 44 in ISA so that won't be 100 probably 93 :frown:

which means if I get 100 in unit 3 I don't know whether to feel happy or mad :lol:
Original post by Tanisha97
Haha that's the complete opposite to my teacher, she told my brother my chemistry grade before I even found out !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really?! We're not allowed to know, and she would never have told me, but since I was really sad and almost in tears she told me that much. I thought there was some 'rules' saying teacher's cannot disclose a student's results before result's day. Unless something was messed up with the paper's or something like that which means they won't be getting their paper (though that doesn't really happen much) or it's after result's day. And oh gosh that must have been so nerve wrecking for you! I wouldn't bear it if someone found out my results before I did.
for me to get an A* in physics I need 100UMS in the ISA and unit 3 :lol: ..but I got 44 in ISA so that won't be 100 probably 93 :frown:

which means if I get 100 in unit 3 I don't know whether to feel happy or mad :lol:

Yeah I do OCR 21st century Physics and i need 93 in P4,P5,P6 and 93 in P7 out of 100UMS to get an A*
Reply 4279
I don't get how people can get their envelope and not open it for ages, I have to get it straight out of the way!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest