The Student Room Group

History or LLB Law at SOAS?

Currently I hold an offer to study LLB Law at SOAS but i've been thinking if I should change it to history. I'm starting to get really scared that Law is dull and hard, so 3 years of that would be hell. I've always been interested in History but the job prospects are what worry me. Would I be able to get a good job with a History degree?

I am interested in Law too, it's just that i've never studied it before.

On a side note is SOAS or Queen Mary better for History?
Reply 1
anyone???? I NEED TO DECIDE ASAP
Reply 2
Do law, it's brilliant. You'll have a lot more doors open to you with law.
Find out what policy SOAS has about course swapping during the year.
I would say start with law and if you really hate it, switch.

Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by PotterLaw
Do law, it's brilliant. You'll have a lot more doors open to you with law.
Find out what policy SOAS has about course swapping during the year.
I would say start with law and if you really hate it, switch.

Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

something tells me (*ehem* username) that u might be a little bias.
Can't you do joint honours law and history? Then just make sure you do the modules you need to qualify as a lawyer if you think you may still want to go into law
Reply 5
Original post by HK786
something tells me (*ehem* username) that u might be a little bias.

Well yeah but I thought you would want to know what law was like from someone who has actually studied it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by PotterLaw
Well yeah but I thought you would want to know what law was like from someone who has actually studied it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

im just messin'
Reply 7
Go with your heart, I'm sure they'll let you change courses if you change your mind.
Reply 8
Original post by Unidentified
Can't you do joint honours law and history? Then just make sure you do the modules you need to qualify as a lawyer if you think you may still want to go into law

thats just even more work as you have to focus on 2 different courses
Reply 9
bump
Reply 10
If history interests you more, do history. You can do a conversion course later and employers won't frown upon it.
I'm in the same boat. Deciding between pscyh and law. I think the law course is seen as something that's a lot more prestigious than a history degree and it can you more places if you don't even want to be a lawyer but at the same time it seems boring as hell.
Reply 12
Original post by Eddyish
I'm in the same boat. Deciding between pscyh and law. I think the law course is seen as something that's a lot more prestigious than a history degree and it can you more places if you don't even want to be a lawyer but at the same time it seems boring as hell.

What Uni's are you looking at?
Original post by HK786
What Uni's are you looking at?

I haven't any in mind yet because I'm still figuring out what course I should apply to unis for. I just got my AS levels and did a lot better than I anticipated so I'm going to have to rethink what unis I plan on applying to but besides the russell group universities and the london universities I don't have much of a clue. Yes I know I need to do more research :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending