The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theJdog
Really?! We're not allowed to know, and she would never have told me, but since I was really sad and almost in tears she told me that much. I thought there was some 'rules' saying teacher's cannot disclose a student's results before result's day. Unless something was messed up with the paper's or something like that which means they won't be getting their paper (though that doesn't really happen much) or it's after result's day. And oh gosh that must have been so nerve wrecking for you! I wouldn't bear it if someone found out my results before I did.

yeah I was really annoyed but I think I should have mentioned that it was on results day and my brother had her for his first lesson and we got our results in form which was after first lesson

Posted from TSR Mobile
We've had 3 months of so far and for me i feel like its been a waste of time after every exam i get nervous until i get my result and having the burden of results has wasted my time and even though i tried my hardest i always have the thought of the worst which could happen :/
Reply 4282
This is not making me feel better.... :P
I was always stressed about exams and results just me go from the-tension-is-too-much to raging-lunatic-with-a-baseball-bat to I-am-so-excited-and-i-just-can't-hide-it.
Knowing my teachers they will probably play some drmatic music while giving us our results because it's oh so funny watching teens having mental breakdowns... :wink:
At first I wanted to log into ResultsPlus and see what I got, but it's just for Edexcel. Also, on results day I will be coming back from holiday and my plane departures at 6.05 am and results are published at 6.01 am so I won't have time. On top of that I have to go into school and confirm my sixth from place if I get in. Therefore I decided to let it fall on me all at once before watching eyes and curious stares and let it roll.
What really annoys me is those "friends" who don't even know your name being all "I don't give a damn about your existance but tell me your grade so I can shove my 10 bazilllion A*'s in your face, then put on a fake smile tell you that you did well too and go to fond my next victim." Get. A. Grip.
I am trying to prepare myself. At first I was denying the existance of "doom's day" (Yes, I call it that) by busying myslef with cleaning everything.. and I mean EVERYTHING; at least I can cry on my very very very shiny bathroom floor. Then, after I realized it's only days away I stared looking for a plan B in case I fail. Opening up a restaurant (I love cooking shows) seemed awesome... but after my poor attempt to make chicken and giving my family food poisoning I decided to do some more cleaning; I tried running too. Now that my legs are killing me and I I may have swallowed some bleach while scrubbing tiles I decided to drink so a hangover distracts me and my mother will kill me for drinking instead of bad results. My life is perfectly organized:biggrin:

But, in all seriousness I am hoping for decent results and expecting the worst so I won't be disappointed. I already armed myself with tissues, I am not a "crying female", but my friends... Yeah I hate having snot all over my favourite top.

I hope you all get what you worked for; don't cry If you failed because you were lazy. And if you did awesome, all the power to you :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tanisha97
yeah I was really annoyed but I think I should have mentioned that it was on results day and my brother had her for his first lesson and we got our results in form which was after first lesson

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right. You had lesson's on results day? Oh you're talking about the one's during the school term like around March / April aren't you (same as me)? Or the August ones? I get so confused when people say that they have lesson's on Result's day. How is that possible?
Original post by theJdog
Oh right. You had lesson's on results day? Oh you're talking about the one's during the school term like around March / April aren't you (same as me)? Or the August ones? I get so confused when people say that they have lesson's on Result's day. How is that possible?

Yeah it was during April :smile:
What results are you waiting for ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm just really scared that I will fail maths, english or drama. Maths could go badly, english I've done quite well during coursework but if I failed the exam could go badly, and drama I just really want to go well because I really like drama.
Yeah it was during April :smile:
What results are you waiting for ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my full GCSE results, so the whole entire courses except for English Lang, I'll be waiting for Lit, Maths, Triple Science, RS Short course, History, Spanish and Photography. What about you?
Original post by Sophie...
I'm just really scared that I will fail maths, english or drama. Maths could go badly, english I've done quite well during coursework but if I failed the exam could go badly, and drama I just really want to go well because I really like drama.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do fine :biggrin:
Original post by Darnell LD97
Yeah I do OCR 21st century Physics and i need 93 in P4,P5,P6 and 93 in P7 out of 100UMS to get an A*

I don't really like the OCR structure to GCSE science :lol: I do AQA :smile:
Original post by theJdog
Oh my full GCSE results, so the whole entire courses except for English Lang, I'll be waiting for Lit, Maths, Triple Science, RS Short course, History, Spanish and Photography. What about you?

I'm waiting for :
English Lang - AQA
Maths - OCR
Biology - Edexcel
French - AQA
History - OCR

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4290
Hi everyone, I'm new to tsr! so nervous about results day - cant believe its only a few days to go now :eek:
AHHHH I just found out my half-brother got 3A* and 1A in A levels and hes gone to Oxford to do medicine, this has put a lot of pressure on me now. :frown:
I'm waiting for :
English Lang - AQA
Maths - OCR
Biology - Edexcel
French - AQA
History - OCR

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, it's actually the first time I've heard of someone doing OCR MATHS!! How is it like?? And English Lang/Lit and Spanish are both AQA, Photo - Edexcel, Math - Ed too, Triple Sci - OCR, History - Ed, RS - Ed. Are these your full course grades or just unit ones?
Original post by tohaaaa
Nope, just sitting here and patiently waiting for the GBs :smile:

How about you? Any predictions/thoughts?

I think it will be 45 - A* 40 - A 35 - B 30 - C
i got 36 :L
Original post by Darnell LD97
AHHHH I just found out my half-brother got 3A* and 1A in A levels and hes gone to Oxford to do medicine, this has put a lot of pressure on me now. :frown:

congrats to him and best of luck to you :lol:
Original post by Liv_97
Hi everyone, I'm new to tsr! so nervous about results day - cant believe its only a few days to go now :eek:

:wavey: hello :biggrin: what results you expecting :smile:
Reply 4296
Original post by techno836
:wavey: hello :biggrin: what results you expecting :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

AQA English lit, English lang, biology, chem, physics, business, geog, edexcel maths, French, ocr pe, re and ict :redface: hopefully doing chem bio maths and geog next year
Original post by Liv_97
Posted from TSR Mobile

AQA English lit, English lang, biology, chem, physics, business, geog, edexcel maths, French, ocr pe, re and ict :redface: hopefully doing chem bio maths and geog next year

AQA sciences :biggrin: :five: what grades you expecting for them ? and your maths :smile:
Reply 4298
AQA sciences :biggrin: :five: what grades you expecting for them ? and your maths :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
predicted all a*s but who knows with aqa's marking and grade boundaries!
I don't really like the OCR structure to GCSE science :lol: I do AQA :smile:

Ikr. The OCR structure is weird and lol i do aqa too. Im really enrvous about Biology tho D;

Latest