The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good luck guys, I'm sure you'll be fine! I know it's scary but it'll all be over soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fightingduck
I'm most nervous about English Language,

In the mock exam I got an A,
In the first exam (the one that was covered all over the news because of the significantly lower grades), I got a D,

My controlled assessments are all C's and D's.

So passing English Language is really all down to getting a C/B in this exam.

IM SORT OF ON THE SAME BOAT AS U BUT MY CONTROLLED ASSESMENTS FOLDER IS ON A (B) THANK GOSH AFTER DOING SO MANY RE TAKES AND GETTING IT ON (B) :redface: AS U BUT IM SCARED OF ENGLISGH LANGUAGE BECAUSE BEFORE I DID A EARLY JANUARY EXAM AND FAILED IT 80 MARKS GONE SO I DID IT AGAIN AND THE SIX FORM IM GOING TO SAYS I NEED A ( C ) GRADE AND ABOVE TO GET IN U SEE THE THING IS IM SCARED I DIDNT GET IT BEACUSE I DIDINT WRITE A LOT BEACUSE OF TIME AND KNOW MY BIGGEST WORRY IS TO GET THAT (C) WHICH IS HARD BACUSE last time they knocked 80 marks from me MAAAAN I HATE LIFE JUST WANNA SEE MY RESULTS !:frown::frown:
Original post by zerock
Since I finished normal maths in nov I haven't concentrated much maths so il be happy with an A* :biggrin:

I'm expecting an A*, only because I didn't like paper 2 very much! I would like an A** though :smile:
Original post by pinkgorilla
Did anyone do OCR Economics?

Yes! How did you find the papers? :smile:
Original post by sweet_gyal97
well basically in the june 2012 AQA english language exam, the grade boundaries went super high so people expecting to get C's got D's and so on..
i got a B for that one..
the people in yr 11 back then got a chance to resit in november cuz lots of schools complained..

so we resitted in january 2013 and we get our raw mark (i got 63 which should be an A* with the june 2012 grade boundaries) but we dont know what grade it is because the grade boundaries havent been released..they want to release both the january 2013 and june 2013 grade boundaries at the same time, which i dont get!!

Ofqual decided to do this because too many teachers were putting their students in for the exam in January and marking their coursework to the exact mark required to get a certain grade but now because the grade boundaries haven't been released by the exam boards, teachers can't do this.This sort of thing happened in my school as well with my teacher getting pupils, who had done well in the coursework to resit their coursework because they needed very high marks to get specific grades because of their exam results.I was still expected to get 273/300(A*) UMS for English Language though but this got moderated down to 270/300(A*) UMS so lucky:colondollar:
Reply 4345
Ikr. Thats the only one Im nervous on, I really hope for the low grade. boundaries. For Science I am hoping for 3 A*'s.

Yh I'm quite nervous for physics too, originally I was aiming for an A* , but I think i've most likely got an A:smile: THats awesome:biggrin: good luck:yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4346
Ikr. Thats the only one Im nervous on, I really hope for the low grade boundaries. For Science I am hoping for 3 A*'s.

I'm very nervous for Biology too:frown: What do you think the grade boundaries will be? :smile:
Original post by zerock
Nope, ive already been having bad dreams about results day so i don't want any of those the night before ahaha :dong:

yeah thats what i do except i do it when im awake instead of asleep, i just go off into little day dreams of the worst outcomes all fricking day! lol :frown: which makes it really hard to sleep, but when i do im out like a light! like BAM!
Lucky you. I need like 95 UMS for an A* in biology, but then only like 68 UMS for an A* in Physics and 76 UMS for an A* in Chemistry.

I needed 100UMS in physics for an A* :lol: ... and I can't remember chemistry :lol:

Lol, I am doing exactly the same subjects as you. and perhaps, economics :biggrin:

I hope same exam boards :lol: I need somebody else to do OCR MEI maths :s-smilie:
Reply 4349
Original post by Dalek1099
Ofqual decided to do this because too many teachers were putting their students in for the exam in January and marking their coursework to the exact mark required to get a certain grade but now because the grade boundaries haven't been released by the exam boards, teachers can't do this.This sort of thing happened in my school as well with my teacher getting pupils, who had done well in the coursework to resit their coursework because they needed very high marks to get specific grades because of their exam results.I was still expected to get 273/300(A*) UMS for English Language though but this got moderated down to 270/300(A*) UMS so lucky:colondollar:

Will the grade boundaries for English Language exam be lower compared to June last year or similar? I heard someone say there is no way they can be higher than last year and they may lower the exam grade boundaries.
Original post by Basket case
Guys ^.*
How are you going to open your envelope?:3 is it going to be a rip or slowly opening it?:smile:
Also are you going to your school before doors actually open in the hopes they'll leave us in earlier?
Also are you opening your results at home or school?:/ I really don't know where to:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am going to slowly open it because there should be a voucher or two for good behavior because the vouchers haven't been handed out yet and I know they were given to last year's Year 11 students in the envelopes last year.

I haven't been told when the school is going to open up yet-I'm hoping for a message from the school/something on the website to tell me but if not I will go about 10 because when I was in Year 10 I went at 10.30 but if I do find out the time i will definitely be going early.

Last Year, they didn't put an envelope on my results so I was able to see I had only got a C in Geography because it was the first result on the sheet because of that I quickly folded the results and put them away because I was too afraid I would've failed everything but it was my only bad result.I am fairly certain I've not done so well in at least one subject so for that reason I'm going to open them up at home and get there early so there aren't loads of people around asking for results.
How many GCSES have you got already? And how many are you waiting for guys ?:smile:
I already have a C in maths (sat early in November in foundation ) and a C in core science ( tbh I'm really annoyed at myself for not choosing higher this year for biology as I found my GCSE results from last year and I had 68/69 UMS and all my other sciences were high 60's if only I realised sooner:frown: )
I'm awaiting results in
Art
Media
ICT
History
English
English lit
Welsh
RE short course
Additional science

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zerock
Will the grade boundaries for English Language exam be lower compared to June last year or similar? I heard someone say there is no way they can be higher than last year and they may lower the exam grade boundaries.

The Grade Boundaries should reflect the standard of the paper-I finished English Language last year so I don't have to worry about waiting 7 months for the grade boundaries for an exam:biggrin:
Hello, I sat the Edexcel GCSE Mathematics Foundation Examination and have looked at passed grade boundaries which are out of 200 marks. On most edexcel past boundaries they give you UMS boundaries so when you get your GCSE results you can see how close you where to the next grade and was wondering how do I know how close I was to a C Grade if I get a D Grade. Thanks.
Reply 4354
Original post by zerock

They were stupid high last year, hence the protests... Our teachers said of course it's more likely for them to go down than up, but you can't be 100%
Original post by economicsrocks
Yes! How did you find the papers? :smile:

I just did A593 this summer as I did the others last summer. But err, it was alright. Dont really remember much of it but I know I didnt have enough time to finish my answers....
I hope the grade boundaries are low again like last years :biggrin: You?
Original post by sr234
Yh I'm quite nervous for physics too, originally I was aiming for an A* , but I think i've most likely got an A:smile: THats awesome:biggrin: good luck:yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, you too :biggrin:
Original post by Basket case
How many GCSES have you got already? And how many are you waiting for guys ?:smile:
I already have a C in maths (sat early in November in foundation ) and a C in core science ( tbh I'm really annoyed at myself for not choosing higher this year for biology as I found my GCSE results from last year and I had 68/69 UMS and all my other sciences were high 60's if only I realised sooner:frown: )
I'm awaiting results in
Art
Media
ICT
History
English
English lit
Welsh
RE short course
Additional science

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have already got an A* in Maths i was sooo happy about that:biggrin: and im awaiting results in.

Additional Maths
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
Humanities
I.T
Business
Spanish
History
English literature
English Language
Original post by sr-96
I'm very nervous for Biology too:frown: What do you think the grade boundaries will be? :smile:

Hopefully, they will be low. Maybe like around 40-something for an A*. Hopefully low 40s so that 100 UMS wont be too hard to get.
Original post by techno836
I needed 100UMS in physics for an A* :lol: ... and I can't remember chemistry :lol:

I hope same exam boards :lol: I need somebody else to do OCR MEI maths :s-smilie:

Lol, hopefully. I dont know the exam boards yet cos I dont even know what sixth form to go to :/ Still deciding.

Latest