The Student Room Group

How long do you have to accept your unconditional offer?

:s-smilie: My daughter has been accepted into Kingston and that is the only choice she made. However, now she has to email them to confirm but she is still unsure if she still wants to go. Can anyone tell me how long she can leave it while she mulls it over and emails them back please? I know this sounds daft but I can't make the decision for her (as much as I'd like to!) Frustrated mother!!
Hi,
Great to hear your daughter got the results she needed- although it is a shame she is still uncertain about whether she feels Kingston is right for her.
In answer to your question I believe that it is around 24 hours for her to reply - which I appreciate is not a massive amount of time. I don't know what course she has been accepted onto - but if she has not already had a look then I would recommend she has a look at our ASK US website. It is full of current students experiences, blogs and videos - and hopefully that might help her decide if Kingston is for her or not.
Good luck and we will be back on line tomorrow if you have any other questions.
Kind regards
Kerrie
Reply 2
Original post by Kingston University
Hi,
Great to hear your daughter got the results she needed- although it is a shame she is still uncertain about whether she feels Kingston is right for her.
In answer to your question I believe that it is around 24 hours for her to reply - which I appreciate is not a massive amount of time. I don't know what course she has been accepted onto - but if she has not already had a look then I would recommend she has a look at our ASK US website. It is full of current students experiences, blogs and videos - and hopefully that might help her decide if Kingston is for her or not.
Good luck and we will be back on line tomorrow if you have any other questions.
Kind regards
Kerrie

Thanks Kerrie. If she accepts now, what would happen if she changed her mind??
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jacqui960

She could ask to be released into Clearing and then find another university that way. The longer she waits, the less places are available though.

Hi.
I would suggest your daughter calls the hotline on 0844 842 9599 and she can talk through her options with one of the staff members. They will be able to explain what her options are.

May I ask what it is she is uncertain about? Is it the university in general or the course she is holding an offer for?

We obviously want her to be sure that Kingston is right for her. If it is just anxieties about moving away from home - or whether she will make friends that is concerning her - then hopefully we will be able to reassure her that many new students feel this way and she will not be alone. If it is the course she is having second thoughts about then there may be alternatives we could offer her as a changed course option - without her having to be released into clearing.

Either way by calling the hotline she can have a chat with staff who will listen to her concerns and anxieties and hopefully help her decide on what she wants to do.

I hope that helps - but if you need any more advice please do get back in touch!
Kind regards
Kerrie
Reply 5
Thanks Kerrie, you'll be pleased to hear she has accepted her place. She was unsure for some of the reasons you mentioned. She is taking dance but wonders if the course will provide her with the performance training she needs such as a dance academy would give her. However she now thinks that a degree is a more solid qualification to have for the long term future. I think some trepidation about moving away from home too. Thanks for all your help :-)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
So glad she's now accepted - it must've been tough for you while she was undecided! (My son's graduated from a ballet school last year - I feel your pain!!) :wink:
Reply 7
Original post by zizza
So glad she's now accepted - it must've been tough for you while she was undecided! (My son's graduated from a ballet school last year - I feel your pain!!) :wink:

Well done to your son x thanks for the empathy! :console:
Thanks Kerrie, you'll be pleased to hear she has accepted her place. She was unsure for some of the reasons you mentioned. She is taking dance but wonders if the course will provide her with the performance training she needs such as a dance academy would give her. However she now thinks that a degree is a more solid qualification to have for the long term future. I think some trepidation about moving away from home too. Thanks for all your help :-)

Hi there - sorry for the delayed reply - I took a few days holiday!
That is fantastic news about your daughter - I am sure she will settle in within no time and have a great time here!
We look forward to seeing her at enrolment and freshers - and if she ever has any concerns or worries then she can always get in touch - although I expect after a few days she will wonder what she was worried about !!:smile:
Kind regards
Kerrie
Reply 9
Hi thanks for coming back to me. While I've got you can I ask, she enroll on Saturday 14th September but she is moving in on the same day. Will I be able to wait at her halls accommodation while she enrols ? Sorry but my head is full of queries at the moment!
Hi thanks for coming back to me. While I've got you can I ask, she enroll on Saturday 14th September but she is moving in on the same day. Will I be able to wait at her halls accommodation while she enrols ? Sorry but my head is full of queries at the moment!

Hi there,
I can not see why not - but if you want to check I would suggest you give them a call. If not, then I am sure you will be able to fill an hour or two browsing the shops in Kingston!
Kind regards
Kerrie
Reply 11
Thanks Kerrie, I'm getting nervous now as the days tick by and I have to let her go!
Thanks Kerrie, I'm getting nervous now as the days tick by and I have to let her go!

Hi again!
I bet you are - seeing your daughter heading off to university is a big step - but don't worry, we will look after her here at Kingston and I am sure she will have a lovely time.
Kerrie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending