The Student Room Group

How to get guys attention when out?

Whenever I am out with my friends I always see attractive guys but im too shy to approach them. I was wondering if there are any techniques I could use to get their attention?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Where low cut clothes, get super drunk, shout, scream, flaunt your ass and tits.
Reply 2
Talk to them.
Reply 3
Cleavage. Or as the user below me suggested - smile. Let them know you're interested, if you're avoiding eye contact they'll assume you're not interested.

If that fails, talk to them.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Flash a smile and make eye contact, maybe flick your hair or something. That usually clues up senseless males such as myself.
Original post by Vonlenska
Where low cut clothes, get super drunk, shout, scream, flaunt your ass and tits.

Shout and scream lol, In all seriousness though this will most likely work
Original post by Foo.mp3
IOI

What's an IOI?
Original post by Foo.mp3
Indication Of Interest

Why couldn't you have said that the first time?
Ok I don't recommend this but... wear little clothing
My tried and tested, fail safe method is eye contact. Catch their eye for a little longer than you usually would, then look away. Do it a couple of times and maybe smile as well. Before you know it they'll be walking over to you.
Reply 10
Three words:
Push up bra.
I get nervous too most of the time. Sometimes I just give up because I'm too awkward to think of something to say :P
Original post by Caits7
Three words:
Push up bra.

To be honest, nice underwear is just generally a good idea. Not even just for going out, it's a massive help in exams.

This makes it sound like I used less that legit means to pass my exams :lol: I didn't, it's just very comforting knowing that even if the exam goes terribly, your underwear is awesome.
Reply 13
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
To be honest, nice underwear is just generally a good idea. Not even just for going out, it's a massive help in exams.

This makes it sound like I used less that legit means to pass my exams :lol: I didn't, it's just very comforting knowing that even if the exam goes terribly, your underwear is awesome.

Totally agree.
I mean, when everything is falling apart around you, always good to know you have some nice underwear on ^_^
Original post by lilywilliams
Whenever I am out with my friends I always see attractive guys but im too shy to approach them. I was wondering if there are any techniques I could use to get their attention?!

Do NOT do the slutty things that others have been saying. Girls that show too much generally are passed up by classy guys and are taken by people who just want to get into your pants.
Of course if that's all you want, then by all means. But if you really want to get their attention, dress smart and try to go with as few girls as possible. You on your own at a bar will give you greater success than if you're with a bunch of your friends, because guys can get intimidated with groups of girls if they're singling out one.
Turn up dressed as a canary. That would certainly get the attention of most guys I know
Reply 16
Original post by eliza.anne
Cleavage. Or as the user below me suggested - smile. Let them know you're interested, if you're avoiding eye contact they'll assume you're not interested.

If that fails, talk to them.

I think what should take priority is talking to them to be honest. I know OP said she was scared to approach, but then confidence in this area is what she needs to work on.

It boggles my mind why girls do everything under the sun to try and get a guy's attention all to avoid the apparently arduous task of talking to him.
Reply 17
Original post by Danz123
I think what should take priority is talking to them to be honest. I know OP said she was scared to approach, but then confidence in this area is what she needs to work on.

It boggles my mind why girls do everything under the sun to try and get a guy's attention all to avoid the apparently arduous task of talking to him.

Fear of rejection I suppose :dontknow: I agree though, it shouldn't be as difficult as people make it out to be.
Original post by Caits7
Totally agree.
I mean, when everything is falling apart around you, always good to know you have some nice underwear on ^_^

Yep, when the universe ends I'll be happy in the knowledge that I've got a decent bra on. :lol:
Reply 19
Original post by eliza.anne
Fear of rejection I suppose :dontknow: I agree though, it shouldn't be as difficult as people make it out to be.

Yeah, but then we get into the circle of guys saying they fear rejection, and girls saying the same, and we end up nowhere.

Imagine if guys went to ridiculous lengths to get a girl's attention, purely because asking her was just too damn hard. For example, if we lived in a sort of alternate universe where guys had to give a cheeky grin and flash a six-pack (haha) to get the girl to stroll over. But at least you agree that talking's the way forward. :smile:

'Sigh' ah society.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending