The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Darnell LD97
I have already got an A* in Maths i was sooo happy about that:biggrin: and im awaiting results in.

Additional Maths
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
Humanities
I.T
Business
Spanish
History
English literature
English Language

what's humanities ? :smile:
Original post by pinkgorilla
I just did A593 this summer as I did the others last summer. But err, it was alright. Dont really remember much of it but I know I didnt have enough time to finish my answers....
I hope the grade boundaries are low again like last years :biggrin: You?

Ah ok! I did unit 2 and 3 this summer. The timings were horrible, because they gave us so many essay questions! I'm hoping it is one of those exams where it went better than you think it did! Yeah, hopefully the grade boundaries will be low :smile:
I have already got an A* in Maths i was sooo happy about that:biggrin: and im awaiting results in.

Additional Maths
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
Humanities
I.T
Business
Spanish
History
English literature
English Language

I'm desperate for an A* in Math as it's my only real shot at an A* at GCSE, it'll probably go up on my wall xD I also did Spanish, how did you cope with the speaking assessments? I blanked and forgot my lines so I only came out with a C for the 2 assessments :redface: And was your I.T. the OCR nationals one?
Original post by techno836
what's humanities ? :smile:

Oh basically you have 1 coursework and 2 exams in Humanities and one exam is on knowledge about current issues happening now. The other is a 2hr exam with 5 topics revised in humanities these are Religion, Politics, Human Rights, Sexual Relationships and health and the Environment.
Reply 4364
Original post by ylime20
The Exams Officer at your school is typically the only person who sees everyone's results the day before. Your school receives the results the day before so they can be checked and put in an envelope. You'd actually be surprised at the amount of teachers who don't check the grades until after you get them. My dad is a maths teacher and almost every year he doesn't know what his students got until they tell him, even though he does have access about 2 hours later to all the student's results. Ultimately, it is you who should see your results first.

I agree, we should.
Original post by Cluck
The teacher's I've spoken to say that the school gets it 2 days before, head of department gets to see them the day before, and a spreadsheet of the results gets emailed to subject teachers about 6am on results day itself.

That's just one school though.

\all schools should have the same criteria when it comes to results.
Oh basically you have 1 coursework and 2 exams in Humanities and one exam is on knowledge about current issues happening now. The other is a 2hr exam with 5 topics revised in humanities these are Religion, Politics, Human Rights, Sexual Relationships and health and the Environment.

:s-smilie: i'd much rather do history :lol:

although I guess its good for politics and knowing what is going on in the world :smile:
Original post by Glitch96
I'm desperate for an A* in Math as it's my only real shot at an A* at GCSE, it'll probably go up on my wall xD I also did Spanish, how did you cope with the speaking assessments? I blanked and forgot my lines so I only came out with a C for the 2 assessments :redface: And was your I.T. the OCR nationals one?

The Spanish assessments were ok i guess i got a B and an A, and i think i did Edexcel Dida I.T. which was really bad only hoping for a pass. Also i hope you do well on your Maths :smile:
Original post by techno836
:s-smilie: i'd much rather do history :lol:

although I guess its good for politics and knowing what is going on in the world :smile:

I did History Edexcel for GCSE
I feel inferior with my 9 GCSEs.
Original post by Red Fox

9 GCSEs are plenty! :tongue:
Is anyone on here taking Further Maths for A levels?

I am! what else are you taking? :smile:
Original post by Red Fox

Well, that makes the two of us then :five:. I'm only going to recieve 9 GCSE's and a BTEC- but if I get the grades I want at them I'm happy
Original post by usycool1
9 GCSEs are plenty! :tongue:

I know:smile: most only have 6 or 7 in my school.
Original post by EvasiveRose
Well, that makes the two of us then :five:. I'm only going to recieve 9 GCSE's and a BTEC- but if I get the grades I want at them I'm happy

I did a science BTEC in Year 9 but I have no idea what it's worth so I don't count it. I'll have a FSMQ aswell.
Original post by economicsrocks
Ah ok! I did unit 2 and 3 this summer. The timings were horrible, because they gave us so many essay questions! I'm hoping it is one of those exams where it went better than you think it did! Yeah, hopefully the grade boundaries will be low :smile:

Lol. There were like so many essay questions.Yes hopefully :wink:
Are you doing economics at alevel?
I'm dreading my history result!
Last year I had a B( one UMS off an A and me made me re-sit it)
My coursework is a B
But I also had do sit 3 history exams:frown: I think I did okay on Germany, but on my American history one (1929-2000) I forgot everything on Regan... I but he started the civil rights revolution, and supported black rights.. Just well done me:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4376
I know....which exams are you awaiting results for? ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
I am! what else are you taking? :smile:

I'm taking Physics, Chemistry and Maths but if I get a B in Chemistry I'm changing it to Economics :smile:
The Spanish assessments were ok i guess i got a B and an A, and i think i did Edexcel Dida I.T. which was really bad only hoping for a pass. Also i hope you do well on your Maths :smile:

nice one, and the OCR nationals was purely coursework and fairly easy, most of the class was just browsing the internet for about a year of the course xD they're quite picky with what they want though, I wouldn't be surprised if I missed out on a distinction because I forgot a transition in one of my slides :s-smilie:
Reply 4379
Original post by Liv_97
Edexcel geog, ocr maths, ocr salters bio, edexcel salters chem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oops meant to quote then!

How did u find the unit 1 exam for geog?