The Student Room Group

Results

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sorry to act thick who is Minerva? Completely new to all this
Original post by rowena7338
Hi spoke to Durham on Thursday and was released immediately by UCL on Thursday. Unfortunately Tom at work now so will have to call on Monday.

Check they aren't open tomorrow. Ucas certainly are.
Hi spoke to Durham on Thursday and was released immediately by UCL on Thursday. Unfortunately Tom at work now so will have to call on Monday.

ok

UCAS are open tomorrow 10 - 4
Original post by TenOfThem
ok

UCAS are open tomorrow 10 - 4

Great minds, again.
Reply 24
Sorry if my tone is abrupt in some of my threads, but am like really, really stressed.
Sorry to act thick who is Minerva? Completely new to all this

Original post by carnationlilyrose
Great minds, again.

Original post by Minerva

She may come now called :biggrin:
Sorry if my tone is abrupt in some of my threads, but am like really, really stressed.

Don't worry

Carnation and I are teachers with kids at uni

We know how it feels from all sides of this situation :smile:
Reply 27
Brilliant 10 - 4 Sunday. By the way everyone my son has no idea I have joined this. He would go absolutely crazy!!
She may come now called :biggrin:

How do you do that? 3 years on here and I've never learned.
Brilliant 10 - 4 Sunday. By the way everyone my son has no idea I have joined this. He would go absolutely crazy!!

We have all been there as well

Tell him you googled this
http://www.ucas.com/about-us/contact-us

And this
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=843-University-Clearing

And this
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2426987
How do you do that? 3 years on here and I've never learned.

multi quote from one thread is the button to the right of quote

To get Minerva I just cut and paste

:ninjagirl:If mine knew how I anecdotalise about their experiences, I'd be dead.
multi quote from one thread is the button to the right of quote

To get Minerva I just cut and paste

I can use multiquote, but how much do you cut and paste? Just the post itself?
I can use multiquote, but how much do you cut and paste? Just the post itself?

I quote

Then cut and paste from this quote box
there are grants if your financial position has changed but London is very expensive. Imperial's grants are better than UCL.

Universities don't have limits on students who get very good results so he may find another good university if Durham don't take him. Birmingham were short in a number of courses, although they may be full now.

At worst he takes a gap year, reapplies and can almost pick his university. It may feel like the end of the world but it isn't. He can get a job and earn some money.

UCAS also have a Facebook page, although they'd probably just say phone them.
Original post by parentlurker
there are grants if your financial position has changed but London is very expensive. Imperial's grants are better than UCL.

Universities don't have limits on students who get very good results so he may find another good university if Durham don't take him. Birmingham were short in a number of courses, although they may be full now.

At worst he takes a gap year, reapplies and can almost pick his university. It may feel like the end of the world but it isn't. He can get a job and earn some money.

UCAS also have a Facebook page, although they'd probably just say phone them.

Well, they don't have caps imposed by the government, but they do have constraints on space, facilities and teaching time, so it's not such a free for all as the press make out. With his results, he should be careful not to sell himself short and rather than settle for just anything, I'd really advise a year out and reapplying.
I quote

Then cut and paste from this quote box

Right! I shall now summon up spirits from other threads with glee.
When Tom spoke to Durham, they said he was in a box, apparently there are three adjustment, clearing and another? Not sure what that one is called. They have not made any sort of offer, but said they would email him as soon as they were able.

I can't match the excellent advice you have already received; but has he started looking for a Plan C university if Durham say "no".

Remember the best for your son doesn't necessarily equate to either highest offer or a league table position which may depend on whether the university spent a fortune on the media studies building this year.
Original post by nulli tertius
I can't match the excellent advice you have already received; but has he started looking for a Plan C university if Durham say "no".

Remember the best for your son doesn't necessarily equate to either highest offer or a league table position which may depend on whether the university spent a fortune on the media studies building this year.

Hi, Nulli. You're one of the spirits I might be summoning now I've learned how. You're quite right. Plan C needs to be worked out. I think reapplying rather than jumping at anything.
Well, they don't have caps imposed by the government, but they do have constraints on space, facilities and teaching time, so it's not such a free for all as the press make out. With his results, he should be careful not to sell himself short and rather than settle for just anything, I'd really advise a year out and reapplying.

Fair comment but a lot did have spaces in clearing for ABB applicants or above that they may not have filled yet. Birmingham is a Russell Group university so not exactly settling for just anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending