The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Basket case
I'm dreading my history result!
Last year I had a B( one UMS off an A and me made me re-sit it)
My coursework is a B
But I also had do sit 3 history exams:frown: I think I did okay on Germany, but on my American history one (1929-2000) I forgot everything on Regan... I but he started the civil rights revolution, and supported black rights.. Just well done me:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, Im dreading history. I also got a B last year and I didnt get to retake :/
I really want an A in history but if not than thats okay, as I am never ever going to do it again.
Original post by Red Fox
I did a science BTEC in Year 9 but I have no idea what it's worth so I don't count it. I'll have a FSMQ aswell.

I think the science BTEC's are equivalent to 2 GCSE's- lot's of people in my school did them. I know I may sound stupid to alot of people on here but what qualifictaion is the FSMQ? (-is is something to do with Maths:confused:)
Original post by Red Fox
I did a science BTEC in Year 9 but I have no idea what it's worth so I don't count it. I'll have a FSMQ aswell.

I did a science/technology BTEC in year 9 and no idea if it ever got submitted :lol: (proabably not) and an AiDA which I have no idea what happened to ? I could be sitting on 16 GCSE OE here :colone: but I don't include those two :smile:
Guyss. You see with OCR Nationals? Would you say a distinction is an A*, so for example could I say I got an A* in OCR Nationals ICT or not? Just wondering. :P
Original post by pinkgorilla
Same, Im dreading history. I also got a B last year and I didnt get to retake :/
I really want an A in history but if not than thats okay, as I am never ever going to do it again.

My teacher made EVERYONE below an A re sit ... Makes sense though considering he actually sets the papers and he is one of the chief examiners on the WJEC, anyone remember last year when 2 history teachers were on the news and they were accused of given their pupils information about the papers?... Yeah that was my teacher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EvasiveRose
I think the science BTEC's are equivalent to 2 GCSE's- lot's of people in my school did them. I know I may sound stupid to alot of people on here but what qualifictaion is the FSMQ? (-is is something to do with Maths:confused:)

yes Free standing maths qualification :smile: .. its something you do after GCSE maths if you did it early for example :smile: harder than GCSE easier than AS :smile:
Reply 4386
Original post by zed963
How did u find the unit 1 exam for geog?

is unit 1 the skills paper?

Yep. Its Maths. Its liek a bridging qualification from GCSE to A-Level. It covers a lot of C1 material and a few pieces from C2, M1 and S1.

It's Level 3 (GCSE is Level 2) and stands for free standing maths qualification. It's not an A-Level or GCSE but somewhere in between.
I'm dreading my history result!
Last year I had a B( one UMS off an A and me made me re-sit it)
My coursework is a B
But I also had do sit 3 history exams:frown: I think I did okay on Germany, but on my American history one (1929-2000) I forgot everything on Regan... I but he started the civil rights revolution, and supported black rights.. Just well done me:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My coursework is also at a B but borderline, I said that anyone off the street is better than Churchill or something :tongue: but 3 exams?! :eek: I only had to do 2, one on British society and the other on America around 1929-1940, the entire class failed on the first one, people who got A's and A*'s in their mocks got C's and D's in the exam (like me :redface: )
My teacher made EVERYONE below an A re sit ... Makes sense though considering he actually sets the papers and he is one of the chief examiners on the WJEC, anyone remember last year when 2 history teachers were on the news and they were accused of given their pupils information about the papers?... Yeah that was my teacher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats good. The history teachers were like if you get a C or above thats perfect. So a B was brilliant to her. Disadvantages of attending a low performing state school :/
If I have a Distinction* in a Level 2 BTEC First Certificate in Applied Science. What is this supposedly worth in GCSE?
Original post by Red Fox
It's Level 3 (GCSE is Level 2) and stands for free standing maths qualification. It's not an A-Level or GCSE but somewhere in between.

Yep. Its Maths. Its liek a bridging qualification from GCSE to A-Level. It covers a lot of C1 material and a few pieces from C2, M1 and S1.

Original post by techno836
yes Free standing maths qualification :smile: .. its something you do after GCSE maths if you did it early for example :smile: harder than GCSE easier than AS :smile:

Thnaks for the replies everyone. I'm looking to do A-Level Maths, so do you think doing this qualification would be worthwhile doing?
Guyss. You see with OCR Nationals? Would you say a distinction is an A*, so for example could I say I got an A* in OCR Nationals ICT or not? Just wondering. :P

I think the closest it can be properly called is an A-A* bracket grade, I think that's what my teach said, why couldn't they just use letters like everyone else :/
Original post by techno836

I wish i did the FSMQ, GCSE maths was not a good enough challenge plus the FSMQ would have been a better bridge towards A level Maths.
Original post by Glitch96
My coursework is also at a B but borderline, I said that anyone off the street is better than Churchill or something :tongue: but 3 exams?! :eek: I only had to do 2, one on British society and the other on America around 1929-1940, the entire class failed on the first one, people who got A's and A*'s in their mocks got C's and D's in the exam (like me :redface: )

Mine was a mid B grade ,
Yeah I had to sit the following :-
Germany 1929-47
USA 1910-29
USA 1929-2000
Honestly though so many people had to sit the entire 3 exams! I had to sit 2 one after the other! I really wasn't happy about that:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4396
Original post by zerock
is unit 1 the skills paper?

yep

Free Standing Maths Qualification.

From what I've been told it's like a middle ground between GCSE and A-Level, although I may be wrong.
Thnaks for the replies everyone. I'm looking to do A-Level Maths, so do you think doing this qualification would be worthwhile doing?

What Year are you in?
Did anybody do a Foreign Language with AQA and find the exams difficult?

Latest