The Student Room Group

accepted clearing

can someone please help me I was in a rushed situation and accepted mechanical engineering at london city university through clearing but i have changed my mind and want to go to queens mary, Can i change?
Reply 1
I'm in a similar predicament but between SOAS and Queen Mary : / Although I might just switch courses in SOAS on monday.
Reply 2
There's no harm in asking QM if they still have places on the course you want to do.
Reply 3
I just need to know whether I can change my clearing choice. It feels like ive messed up my life
Reply 4
Original post by Mickey2909
There's no harm in asking QM if they still have places on the course you want to do.

But ive accepted city uni in clearing can I still change
Reply 5
Original post by amulla9
But ive accepted city uni in clearing can I still change

Is it just a verbal offer or have they given the offer to you through ucas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by jetb
Is it just a verbal offer or have they given the offer to you through ucas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

they have given the offer through ucas
Reply 7
Original post by amulla9
they have given the offer through ucas

Hmm, then I don't think you can. Read your confirmation letter from the university on ucas. Near the bottom it may say (this is what it says on mine) that you're "committed to this place. If you withdraw you will not be able to apply elsewhere I'm the 2013 application cycle"
But yeah, check.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by jetb
Hmm, then I don't think you can. Read your confirmation letter from the university on ucas. Near the bottom it may say (this is what it says on mine) that you're "committed to this place. If you withdraw you will not be able to apply elsewhere I'm the 2013 application cycle"
But yeah, check.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you i dont think i can reject the choice now.
Original post by amulla9
thank you i dont think i can reject the choice now.

You can ring City and ask to be released back into Clearing. It would be wise to check first with QM that they still have places on the course you wish to do.
Reply 10
Original post by Becca-Sarah
You can ring City and ask to be released back into Clearing. It would be wise to check first with QM that they still have places on the course you wish to do.

thank you but would city allow me
Original post by amulla9
thank you but would city allow me

Yes. They don't have to release you immediately, but they do have to release you if you ask them to.
Reply 12
Yes. They don't have to release you immediately, but they do have to release you if you ask them to.

can i change the course on my student finance aswell
Original post by amulla9
can i change the course on my student finance aswell

Once you've got it agreed by the unis, yes.
Reply 14
Once you've got it agreed by the unis, yes.

thank you ever so much i will try this on Monday
Original post by amulla9
thank you ever so much i will try this on Monday

If you mean speaking to the unis, I'd suggest you instead ring now or tomorrow. Their clearing hotlines may still be open today and will be open tomorrow.
Reply 16
If you mean speaking to the unis, I'd suggest you instead ring now or tomorrow. Their clearing hotlines may still be open today and will be open tomorrow.

on the queens mary website it says "Our clearing hotlines are open 15-16 August (8am-7pm), Saturday 17 August, (9am-2pm), 19-21 August (9am-5pm). The lines can get very busy, but keep trying the number! One of our 50 hotline operators will answer your call as quickly as possible."

Quick Reply

Latest