The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Red Fox
What Year are you in?

Year 11/12- I'm starting sixth form in September
Original post by techno836
I agree with that^ although I didn't struggle for time too much :smile: I got similar to you

B1 A* (100)
B2 A (89)

C1 A* (96)
C2 A (88)

P1 B (79)
P2 A (81) how they happened I have no idea though :eek:

Are the numbers your percentage of marks or your UMS? Because I could have sworn UMS ended at 80.

For me, my UMS marks were

B1 - 79
B2 - 70

C1 - 72
C2 - 73

P1 - 65
P2 - 80 (Not the slightest clue how that happened)
Reply 4422
Original post by snikutsmullac
Fingers crossed for us both, I doubt I'll get an A* in Physics but probably will in the other two. The grade boundaries will probably be set quite low for the last few exams, as we were the first group taking them and most people found them difficult!

Were they low for the old spec?
Are the numbers your percentage of marks or your UMS? Because I could have sworn UMS ended at 80.

B1 - 79
B2 - 70

C1 - 72
C2 - 73

P1 - 65

Oh different exam board haha :s-smilie: i'm AQA :biggrin:
Original post by EvasiveRose
Year 11/12- I'm starting sixth form in September

No point then now. It's designed for Year 11 students who finished their Maths GCSE in Year 10 with A/A* grades.
Reply 4425

B1 - 79
B2 - 70

C1 - 72
C2 - 73

P1 - 65

For P2 you probably scored 55+ which they scaled up to 80UMS
it's definitely worth doing, but I'm not sure as I never took it :frown: instead I sat in AS class all year 11 and learnt some A level content aswell as doing GCSE stats :smile: sorry :smile:

Well, aren't you clever? :colondollar:
Original post by zed963
Were they low for the old spec?

I don't know what the grade boundaries were for the previous spec, but unit 3's are generally considered to be the hardest units and we got told they cover some A-Level topics so the examiners might be kind.
Oh different exam board haha :s-smilie: i'm AQA :biggrin:

How were the unit 3 exams for AQA?
Reply 4429
I don't know what the grade boundaries were for the previous spec, but unit 3's are generally considered to be the hardest units and we got told they cover some A-Level topics so the examiners might be kind.

Yeah they definitely cover some a-level topics.

While studying which module did you find the hardest to get your head around?
Original post by zed963
Yeah they definitely cover some a-level topics.

While studying which module did you find the hardest to get your head around?

I would say all the stuff to do with momentum, kinetic energy, elastic/inelastic collisions and all the calculations and stuff that go with it in P3... I've always hated that kind of stuff. You?
Original post by Red Fox
No point then now. It's designed for Year 11 students who finished their Maths GCSE in Year 10 with A/A* grades.

Oh. Okay :frown:
I recieved a Grade A in Maths early (3 marks of an A*-don't know why I feel the need to point this out: probably TSR's high standards have got to me:angry:) but our school did not have any qualified teachers to teach us anything extra. So instead we had to use our Maths lessons to prepare for other exams
any predictions for the AQA GCSE Physics ISA Grade Boundaries
Oh. Okay :frown:
I recieved a Grade A in Maths early (3 marks of an A*-don't know why I feel the need to point this out: probably TSR's high standards have got to me:angry:) but our school did not have any qualified teachers to teach us anything extra. So instead we had to use our Maths lessons to prepare for other exams

Yeah I had to do that in my Geography and RE lessons but I never did anything:biggrin:
Reply 4434
I would say all the stuff to do with momentum, kinetic energy, elastic/inelastic collisions and all the calculations and stuff that go with it in P3... I've always hated that kind of stuff. You?

collision didn't come up in the P3 paper thank goodness.

I found C3 the most trickiest, only the electrolysis bit, I think I went a bit too deep into electrolysis.
How were the unit 3 exams for AQA?

I'd like to say rather easy without sounding arrogant :colondollar:

Well, aren't you clever? :colondollar:

haha I guess :lol: not like a lot of people on here though :lol:
Original post by zed963
collision didn't come up in the P3 paper thank goodness.

I found C3 the most trickiest, only the electrolysis bit, I think I went a bit too deep into electrolysis.

I didn't find it that bad, I thought that it was just all the half-equations they got you to learn.
Reply 4437
I didn't find it that bad, I thought that it was just all the half-equations they got you to learn.

I didn't bother with memorising them. I was more bothered about which atom gives its electron readily etc. Half equations were straightforward tbh.
Reply 4438
Did anyone do Edexcel 1MA0 in November 2012?
Reply 4439
Original post by zed963
Did anyone do Edexcel 1MA0 in November 2012?

yep, did you?

Latest