The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by snikutsmullac
The college I'm going to tried to get everyone to take just three; I completely refused... if anything, I'd want to take five. Even a fifth one in General Studies or Critical Thinking is better to have than not, seens as how easy they're meant to be.

no I don't want to risk stretching myself as I was going to do Psychology aswell, but instead I decided i'm just going to read/learn around it without the qualification :smile:

Original post by g.k.galloway
Just want to say good luck peeps :biggrin: I was in your position last year so I know what it's like :smile: Just get through it all then you can enjoy the fun of A-levels!

we can enjoy the fun of A levels now :sogood: and thankyou :smile: how were your results :biggrin:
Original post by zed963
I've heard they're supposed to be the most comprehensive.

My sixth form were supposed to do OCR physics but they changed to AQA for some reason.

Comprehensive meaning a good thing or a bad thing?
Original post by EvasiveRose
I agree. But hopefully TSR will get us through Chemistry :yay:
I'm either going to be doing Chemistry with the AQA board or OCR board depending on the sixth form I end up with. Although, it's most likely going to be the OCR board. If anyone has any experience of doing GCSE/A-Level exams with OCR feel free to share :smile:

OCR are the love of my life. They are the best in my opinion and I've done GCSEs on all 4 main boards.
Believe me, I don't have a passion for English either. That's why I considered law. It's quite essay based, I've never done it before so it's something a bit more varied and I think I'd find it much easier and enjoyable than English. But isn't it a "soft" subject?

I believe Law is considered a soft subject. But as long as you have 3 other strong subjects, Law would be a good choice as a 4th A-Level which you can drop after AS. If you find Law more easier and enjoyable than English and Physics, then go for it
Reply 4484
Comprehensive meaning a good thing or a bad thing?

Good
Original post by Red Fox
OCR are the love of my life. They are the best in my opinion and I've done GCSEs on all 4 main boards.

I always find that OCR mark the most harshly.
Original post by Red Fox

Would you care to elaborate? :eyebrow:

Original post by Sulfur
5 days, it's so close!

But so far.

Love what you did there
I hate copper and Chromium -.- why u no follow logical pattern !
I believe Law is considered a soft subject. But as long as you have 3 other strong subjects, Law would be a good choice as a 4th A-Level which you can drop after AS. If you find Law more easier and enjoyable than English and Physics, then go for it

I'm not bothered what uni I go to, so I'll take Law and go somewhere that's slightly easier to get in to.
I always find that OCR mark the most harshly.

Is that for an essay subject? I've only done Biology, Chemistry and Physics on OCR.
Would you care to elaborate? :eyebrow:

I prefer the layout of their exams and the structure of their courses.
Original post by Red Fox
Is that for an essay subject? I've only done Biology, Chemistry and Physics on OCR.

GCSE Graphic Products. When going through past papers, I found that if the answer is right but not in the "allow" column they still won't allow it, even though it's correct.
I'm not bothered what uni I go to, so I'll take Law and go somewhere that's slightly easier to get in to.

I think all RG universities will be open to you, as long as you perform well in your 3 other subjects (which are deemed more rigorous) alongside Law.
I think all RG universities will be open to you, as long as you perform well in your 3 other subjects (which are deemed more rigorous) alongside Law.

Forgive me for being stupid but what are RG universities?
Original post by Red Fox
I prefer the layout of their exams and the structure of their courses.

I think that reason can be deemed as 'good' (I was expecting a mind blowing answer-only joking):biggrin:

Have you done English Lit with OCR by any chance?
GCSE Graphic Products. When going through past papers, I found that if the answer is right but not in the "allow" column they still won't allow it, even though it's correct.

Yeah you can lose a mark if you don't have the one word they require, I know what you mean.
Reply 4496
Love what you did there

:wink:
I think that reason can be deemed as 'good' (I was expecting a mind blowing answer-only joking):biggrin:

Have you done English Lit with OCR by any chance?

Nah I'm on WJEC for English. OCR for 3 sciences and OCR Physics and Chemistry next year.
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah you can lose a mark if you don't have the one word they require, I know what you mean.

Yes, but it's the kind of question where there can be more than one right answer.
Reply 4499
Forgive me for being stupid but what are RG universities?

Russell group universities.

Latest