The Student Room Group

Getting in to medicine

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Kyalimers
What do you mean by pay upfront? You don't pay upfront. The only thing that is different is that you would no longer be eligible for a SLC loan during the shortened medical course.

You shouldn't be thinking of this atm anyway. You have many other options!

It's because I heard that you have too pay upfront for your 2nd degree if its not covered by the government in the way its covered when you do your first degree! So I didn't know where I would get £9,000 from? But I think I might have been mistaken!

Yeh I'll try really hard to get a good ukcat/bmat and focus see if I can get 3As and hopefully that will be enough to get me in to medicine!

Thanks everyone for all your advice and help!
Original post by RuthS1
It's because I heard that you have too pay upfront for your 2nd degree if its not covered by the government in the way its covered when you do your first degree! So I didn't know where I would get £9,000 from? But I think I might have been mistaken!

Yeh I'll try really hard to get a good ukcat/bmat and focus see if I can get 3As and hopefully that will be enough to get me in to medicine!

Thanks everyone for all your advice and help!

You don't pay upfront. You can pay in instalments over the year. The difference is that you don't have a loan provided which covers the course fee. So you have to pay that money out of your own pocket.
Reply 22
You don't pay upfront. You can pay in instalments over the year. The difference is that you don't have a loan provided which covers the course fee. So you have to pay that money out of your own pocket.

Okay thank you that's cleared it up for me! I was also wondering if you could read over my medical personal statement?
Original post by RuthS1
Okay thank you that's cleared it up for me! I was also wondering if you could read over my medical personal statement?

Personally, I can't guarantee it.

However, if you post it in the PS Help Forum, then either myself or another medical PS Helper will take a look for you.

It's perfectly secure and more-so than PMing it. I believe this is the link to it: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forms.php?do=form&fid=57
Reply 24
Personally, I can't guarantee it.

However, if you post it in the PS Help Forum, then either myself or another medical PS Helper will take a look for you.

It's perfectly secure and more-so than PMing it. I believe this is the link to it: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forms.php?do=form&fid=57

Okay thanks :smile:
Reply 25
Does anyone know how A2 weights up compared to AS is it 50/50 or is A2 worth more?
Reply 26
Original post by joker12345
UCL's a bad move, they look at AS scores, imperial you'd have a good chance at. I'd say look at King's too with your GCSE.
Also, if you're close, get some remarks! Your application will look so much better with A's and you won't have to rule out so many places.

Is it worth getting any of my maths modules remarked 8ums off an A grade that's with a D in M1? So I could easily pull that up next year!
Original post by RuthS1
Is it worth getting any of my maths modules remarked 8ums off an A grade that's with a D in M1? So I could easily pull that up next year!

I'd say so. I've had maths papers remarked that went up by 5 UMS, so you never know! If you don't want to spend the money, you could get a photocopy of your script and get your teacher to look through it for any mistakes.
Reply 28
I'd say so. I've had maths papers remarked that weynt up by 5 UMS, so you never know! If you don't want to spend the money, you could get a photocopy of your script and get your teacher to look through it for any mistakes.

Do yiu

Do you know if I could apply to the same university for
2 different degrees I.e. biomed and medicine???
Original post by RuthS1
Do yiu

Do you know if I could apply to the same university for
2 different degrees I.e. biomed and medicine???

Yep, unless it's a completely unrelated degree, which biomed isn't.
Reply 30
Yep, unless it's a completely unrelated degree, which biomed isn't.

Would I have to change my personal statement or would I be able to use the same one for both applications???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending