The Student Room Group

PHYA5 ~ 20th June 2013 ~ A2 Physics

Scroll to see replies

A*AAA, see any of you guys who are heading there at Warwick :smile:
Original post by sam1w2e
Pretty much the exact same for me, I got 115 also, more relieved than disappointed though :biggrin: My 'rival' got 120 though haha :redface: Also got A* overall but with 554 overall, darn you!!! :ahee:

Yeah so did mine, fortunately I got unit 2 and unit 4 at 120 UMS so I still have one up on him :wink: Well done! Haha so close!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2042
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple

I too had A*AAA wooo! Well done on you're grades!
Reply 2043
Got 101/120 in 5C :smile:
30/60 in ISA :frown:
A overall :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm heading to Warwick :biggrin:. What course?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by JamesSS95
Got 115 in this last exam, happy but feel like my teacher expected more. Me and another guy in my class always compete, he beat me this time so a little disappointed but happy none the less.

Overall grade A* - 555 ums :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the same! 555A*
I have no rival though mwuahahhahaha at school

Anyway on topic.
I did Unit 5 C
got 120UMS
45b in ISA, the gas one I think.
Happy times :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2046
Original post by jarasta
I got the same! 555A*

Anyway on topic.
I did Unit 5 C
got 120UMS

There should be different boundaries for the two ISAs imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Namige
There should be different boundaries for the two ISAs imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it absolutely makes no sense. By the same logic, all the optional modules should the same boundaries. I'm lucky I won't have to be part of that system anymore!
Original post by jarasta
I got the same! 555A*

Anyway on topic.
I did Unit 5 C
got 120UMS

Well done!

I did 5D
A little disappointed really,not that 115 is bad at all. Just that every practice paper I had done at college, I was nearly full raw marks, like 70-72/75, my rival was still down at 55-60 so I was untouchable. Then on the actual exam I've screwed it up a bit. Never mind, he has 1 full UMS exam, I have two so I'm still ahead :P and final ums beats him :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jarasta
I got the same! 555A*

Anyway on topic.
I did Unit 5 C
got 120UMS

I got 51 for the ISA, not sure how though :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done!

I did 5D
A little disappointed really,not that 115 is bad at all. Just that every practice paper I had done at college, I was nearly full raw marks, like 70-72/75, my rival was still down at 55-60 so I was untouchable. Then on the actual exam I've screwed it up a bit. Never mind, he has 1 full UMS exam, I have two so I'm still ahead :P and final ums beats him :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was the opposite, I did not do too hot in the practice ones, especially 2012. Applied was so boring to learn, interesting near the end when I had to revise it. So 2013 was pretty much godsend, except for the boundaries. especially since our class was sent the wrong paper, so were were delayed for 45minutes to start, got free food though :3.
Yeah 115ums is good!
I think I have 3 full ums in unit 2 onwards.
I wish I had rivals though in my school just cos its nice to have that relationship with someone academically. It's motivating. My 'rivals' were the only physics guys but I crushed them (they got Bs) and the same in maths.
What will you be studying?
I got 51 for the ISA, not sure how though :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's very impressive! tbh we got a lot of help! Left to our own devices we would have got Ds at most. So major props to that!
Original post by jarasta
I was the opposite, I did not do too hot in the practice ones, especially 2012. Applied was so boring to learn, interesting near the end when I had to revise it. So 2013 was pretty much godsend, except for the boundaries. especially since our class was sent the wrong paper, so were were delayed for 45minutes to start, got free food though :3.
Yeah 115ums is good!
I think I have 3 full ums in unit 2 onwards.
I wish I had rivals though in my school just cos its nice to have that relationship with someone academically. It's motivating. My 'rivals' were the only physics guys but I crushed them (they got Bs) and the same in maths.
What will you be studying?

Nothing wrong with a delay if you get free food :wink:
Wow that's crazy good!
Yeah I kind of enjoy it, my rival is a great guy and as you say it is very motivating. I'm pleased for him because that was the first time he has beat me and it was the last paper, he has been pushing really hard due to problems at home and then he managed to get into Oxford so, both of us are happy really :biggrin:
Haha nothing wrong with crushing people either!
I joined my Further maths class in A2 so I had a bigot catching up to do, but I was performing well. There was a chap who really didn't like me though, he hated me for adapting well to the FM in such a short time period, I also crushed him on results day, it felt awesome :P

I was going to study Aerospace engineering at Durham (since I got an AAA conditional) but I got a higher apprenticeship at Rolls-Royce instead which trains me well, gets me a Masters in Aerospace and a job a the end, not to mention pay as well so I took that up instead.

How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jarasta
I'm heading to Warwick :biggrin:. What course?

Mats :biggrin:
Original post by Lepton
I too had A*AAA wooo! Well done on you're grades!

Cheers mate, you too :smile: Where are you off to?
Reply 2055
Yeah so did mine, fortunately I got unit 2 and unit 4 at 120 UMS so I still have one up on him :wink: Well done! Haha so close!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! Never managed a full UMS in Physics, my only full UMS was C4 in maths :rolleyes:
Reply 2056
Cheers mate, you too :smile: Where are you off to?

Thank you :smile: I'm off to study Physics at Bristol, how about you?
Original post by Lepton
Thank you :smile: I'm off to study Physics at Bristol, how about you?

Ah, sweet, Maths at Warwick :smile: We're all going to awesome unis! xD
Original post by sam1w2e
Nice! Never managed a full UMS in Physics, my only full UMS was C4 in maths :rolleyes:

Wow, I haven't had any full UMS in maths, I've had 97 in C4 and M2 and 90+ in the Further modules, bar FP3 but no full UMS :frown: Well done, great going! :biggrin:
Nothing wrong with a delay if you get free food :wink:
Wow that's crazy good!
Yeah I kind of enjoy it, my rival is a great guy and as you say it is very motivating. I'm pleased for him because that was the first time he has beat me and it was the last paper, he has been pushing really hard due to problems at home and then he managed to get into Oxford so, both of us are happy really :biggrin:
Haha nothing wrong with crushing people either!
I joined my Further maths class in A2 so I had a bigot catching up to do, but I was performing well. There was a chap who really didn't like me though, he hated me for adapting well to the FM in such a short time period, I also crushed him on results day, it felt awesome :P

I was going to study Aerospace engineering at Durham (since I got an AAA conditional) but I got a higher apprenticeship at Rolls-Royce instead which trains me well, gets me a Masters in Aerospace and a job a the end, not to mention pay as well so I took that up instead.

How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah nothing beats free food, the head of physics was so apologetic. But if we are honest, we liked the extra time until we started, it calmed our nerves as we laughed about the whole situation.
Wow he did very well! What's he going on to study?

Ahahaha I know what you mean, my best friend would always complain about how well I was doing, and that it was unfair etc. Especially since at GCSE I was in a lower set to him (2nd set) But I just ignore the snarky comments, I just wanted to do well for myself, you know. Which I did, I became the first A* in FM in our school's 6 year history.

Oh wow, that's really impressive. Great uni and career choice! I really like Durham, its beautiful.
I will be studying doing the MMath Mathematics (4yr) course at Warwick. I hope to do well enough to do a PhD in Maths to go into academia, lecturing and research. I love teaching hence lecturing, but I'd hate to teach the same material in secondary for 30years, because I like using what I learn and being up to date with maths, hence academia.
If that doesn't go according to plan, IB for the money xD, and IB is kinda interesting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending